Tibet overland tour
Tibet overland tour is one of the most popular adventure package trip in Tibet. Tibet overland tours offers panoramic Himalayan views, potala palace, Tibetan monasteries, lush valleys , beautiful landscape etc. Tibet overland package tours can do from three different route Kathmandu by flight to Lhasa drive out from Kordari border or Lhasa fly out to Chengdu /Beijing , Kathmandu overland trip to Kodari – Lhasa then fly out from Lhasa to Kathmandu or Chengdu /Beijing and fly from Beijing to Lhasa , drive out from Nepal kodari border or fly out from Lhasa.
Tibet overland trip take to you Lhasa , the forbidden city is the heartland soul of Tibet for centuries and is still a city of wonders. The majestic dominating Potola palace in the Lhasa skyline was the residence of the Dalai Lamas.Jokhang, the central cathedral is the spiritual heart of Lhasa and is its most sacred temple in Tibet .
Tibet overland tour take to you main tourism destination of Tibet thus trip is become of the most exciting tour package in Tibet. Tibet overland package tour offer beautiful Himalayan views of Tibet, Tibet Potala palace and monasteries of Tibet. May, June, July and August are best month for Tibet budget tour but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per travelers wish and holiday frame. Minimum 10 days holidays required to do Tibet excursion tour.
Fixed Departure Dates
June 2021: 5th, 9th ,12th, 14th , 16th , 26th ,28th
July 2021: 2nd ,6th, 10th, 13th, 15th, 19th, 24th
August 2021: 3rd, 5th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 16th, 21st, 25th, 27th, 29th
September 2021: 4th, 6th, 10th, 13th, 16th, 18th, 21st, 24th ,26th, 28th
October 2021:2nd,7th ,10th,12th, 15th,17th, 19th, 23rd, 27th
Tibet overland tour itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1334m), transfer Hotel, Tibet overland tour briefing with officially arrangments. overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and our representative will apply Tibet visa at chinese embassy of Kathmandu. overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 03: Kathmandu-Nylam
we start our Tibet overland tour with an early morning drive to Kodari, the Nepali boarder post. Weather permitting there will be fine views of Langtang, Gauri Shanker, Melungtse and Khumbu Himal ranges. Depending on the road situation we walk or drive up to Zhang Mu where we clear Chinese immigration. After the immigration formalities we continue our journey through a beautiful gorge to Nyalam crossing the Himalayan range. Altitude 3800m.
Day 04: Nyalam-Lhatse
Our first stop on the Tibetan plateau will be on the 5200 m. high Lalung la pass from where we have a breathtaking view of the himalayan range and Shisabangma, the highest peak in Tibet. While having lunch in Lao Tingri, the peaks of Mt. Everest (Qomolongma in Tibetan) and Cho Oyu can be seen. This day our journey is long but the spectacular Tibetan plateau will make you forget time. Altitude 4000m.
Day 03 Lhatse-Shigatse/Xingatse
A four hour drive brings us to Tibet's second largest city, Shigatse. Here we visit Tashilumpo Monastery, the seat of the Panchen Lama, hence one of the most important monasteries in Tibet. Altitude 3800m.
Day 05: Shigatse/Xigatse -Gyantse
After a stroll though the old city we depart for the two and a half hour drive to Gyantse. While approaching the small farming town we can clearly see the old fort that was captured by Young husband during his 1904 raid into Tibet. Here the main attraction is the Kumbum monastery with its extraordinary architecture. Altitude 3900 m.
Day 06: Gyantse -Lhasa
This will be a long drive, but on the way we cross the Karo-la with the beautiful glacier, we see Yamdrok Tso which is named the Turquoise lake and cross the Kamba-la from where we descend to the main road which bring us all the way to Lhasa. Altitude 3650 m.
Day 07/08: Sightseeing around Lhasa
During these two days in Lhasa. we visit the Potala palace, Drepung and Sera Monasteries and of course the famous Jokhang temple including the surrounding Barkhor.
Day 09: Flight from Lhasa to onward journey
we have to get up very early for our transfer to Gonggor airport to catch the flight back to Kathmandu or other destination.
Trip Cost: USD $1475 Per person[firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder tour Guide.
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private car as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Tibet border drop by private jeep as mentioned in itinerary
- Hotel accomodation during Kathmandu Lhasa overland tour on BB basis on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Lhasa overland tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Lhasa overland tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- sightseeing entrance for Kathmandu Lhasa overland tour
- Tibet travel permit as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport pick up while Lhasa to Kathmandu flight
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Tour guide, and driver)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Kathmandu intetrtnational Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu & Lhasa stay
- International flight ticket & Kathmandu Lhasa Kathmandu flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Tibet overland tour is one of the most popular adventure package trip in Tibet. Tibet overland tours offers panoramic Himalayan views, potala palace, Tibetan monasteries, lush valleys , beautiful landscape etc