Langtang Ganja la pass trekking
Langtang Ganja la pass trekking is popular trekking route in Langtang trekking region. Langtang Ganja la pass trek offers an opportunity to explore Tibetan villages, Tamang Villages, panoramic Himalayan views of the Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lakpa, Yala peak, Naya kanga, Gaurishanker including the Annapurna Himalayan range ,to climb small peaks and to visit glaciers at a comfortably low elevations. Langtang Ganja la pass Helambu valley trekking offers an entirely wilderness and adventure experience. If you are trekking during spring the forest on the trail is colorful and blooming full of Rhododendrons. To cross from Langtang into Helambu valley via the Ganja-La pass 5122m which is a serious undertaking requiring good equipment and experience from local guides. Crossing the Ganja la pass trekking requires the use of technical climbing equipment and trekkers must be skilled in the use of this and be prepared to assist less well-equipped porter staff. Ganja La pass makes the trekking to Langtang one of the challenging trek of Nepal with unfavorable weather conditions.
Langtang Ganja la pass trekking starts from Sybru Bensi, ends at Melamchi Pul Bazar. From Sybru Bensi, you will follow the Langtang River to the east until you get to Kyanjin Gompa (3,049.). In Kyanjin Gompa there is a small Buddhist monastery and a cheese factory started in 1955 by the Swiss Association for Technical Assistance. When you are crossing the pass there are spectacular views of Langtang Lirung and the Tibetan peaks beyond. Much of this route is spent above 3,000m.The highest point of this trek is Ganja la Pass (5,122m). The descent from the pass is on a steep slope for over 1 km, which requires good care again. But the rest of the trail is easy and comfortable. As there are no lodges and no settlements for three days along the way, the group should be well equipped with enough food. Only camping trekking is possible for Ganja la pass trekking and use firewood is prohibited entire the Langtang national park so Himalaya journey trekking supplies necessary kerosene or gas entire the Langtang Gonja la pass trekking. After passing the Ganja la Pass, the trail takes you to Malemchi gaon and Tarke Ghyang. People here call themselves Sherpas but their relationship with the Sherpa of Solu Khumbu is distant. People are in Langtang Helambu trekking trail follow the Buddhist religion so you will find many old Buddhist monasteries in the villages and trekking trail goes continue descend to Melamchi Pul bazaar than by private vehicle or by bus back to kathmandu.
Langtang Ganja la pass trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expeditionâ€™s representative will transfer to hotel , Langtang Ganja la pass trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: Katmandu drive to Syabrubensi 1462m. drive approximately 7-8 hours
Day 03: Syabru bensi trek to Bambo 2134m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04: Bambo trek to Lama Hotel 2470m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 05: Lama hotel trek to Langtang village 3540m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Langtang village trek to Kyanjin Gompa 3802m walk approximately 3-4 hours
Day 07: After breakfast , our trekking guide take to Tseko Ri 4984m for panoramic Himalayan scenery including langtang Lirung 7246m, Yala peak 5500m, Naya Khanga 5844m, Shiha pangama 8013m , Langsisha Ri 6774m, Ganesh Himal 6704m, etc and back to Kyanjin Gompa.walk approximately 5-6 hours overnight at kyanjin gompa.
Day 08: Kyanjin Gompa trek to Ganga La phedi 4300m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 09: Naya kanga base camp via langtang Ganja la pass 5122m trek to Keldang 4250mwalk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 10: Keldang trek to Yak Kharka 4012m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 11: Yak kharka trek to Tarkey Ghang.2743m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 12: Tarkey ghang trek to Shermathang 2590mwalk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 13 : Shermathang trek to Melamchi pul bazzar.870m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 14: Melamchi pul bazaar by bus back to Kathmandu, drive approximately 4-5 hours transfer to hotel.
Day 15 : After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel
Day 16: After breakfast, Relaxing or shopping then three hours before, Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition's airport reprensentative will drop to you Kathmandu International airport for onward journey.
Trip Cost: e-mail us:-email@example.com
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Syabru Besi overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / Lodge as mentioned in itinerary & three days tented camp from Kyanjin gompa to Tarke ghyang as mentioned in itinerary
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Langtang National park trekking permit
- Melamchi pul bazaar to Kathmandu overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with tour guide as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu city tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.