Kanchenjunga base camp trek
Kanchenjunga base camp trek is exciting trekking in Kanchenjunga region to visit the both Pangpema & Oktang base camp. Kanchenjunga base camp trekking is known as Kanchenjunga Selele pass trek offer beautiful Himalayan views of Mt. Kanchenjunga 8586 m , Janu Himal , Nepal peak and Tibetan Himalayan range. Kanchenjunga trek route lies in eastern Himalayan region and tally as one of the longest trekking tour in Nepal. Kanchenjunga trekking is an ideal adventure travelers hiking destinations in Nepal who loves to explore the most remote and diverse landscapes, flora and fauna, magnificent waterfalls, wildlife and breathtaking Himalayan view of Kanchenjunga region trekking route. Hike in Kanchenjunga base camp is counted as restricted Nepal trekking destination and required special Kanchenjunga trek permit. Kanchenjunga base camp trekking permit cost USD 70 for first 10 days and USD 10 each day for extended trip. Minimum two person necessary to obtain the Kanchenjunga trek permit through the legal local Nepal trekking companies. Mount Kanchenjunga base camp trek package cost is slightly higher then other normal Nepal trekking destination and choice of packages.
Mt. Kanchenjunga base camp trek difficulty level is strenuous + thus trekkers should know details of Kanchenjunga base camp treks information before heading to the relevant areas. Minimum three weeks holidays required trekking in Kanchenjunga base camp but HJT arrange personalized Nepal trekking service as per requirements. Autumn, spring season are best time trek to Kanchenjunga base camp but doable around the year as per trekkers wish and holiday schedule . Treks in Kanchenjunga base camp contain whole Kanchenjunga trekking destination for discover the eastern Himalayan zone as well join to the Nepal great Himalayan trails. Good physical fitness is essential for Mt .Kanchenjunga both base camp reoute has as it has several high passes, such as Mirgin La Pass (4500m), Sinion La (4440m), Mirgin La (4480m) and Sinelapache Bhanjyang (4646m). we Himalaya Journey Trekking generate Mount Kanchenjunga base camp trekking itinerary as below mentioned but travelers may change or extend as per holiday frame.
Mount Kanchenjunga base camp hiking commence at Taplejung after an hour flight from Kathmandu to Biratnagar . Himalaya Journey Trekking guide led your adventure from Biratnagar to Taplejung by overland drive at least 6 hours. During the Kanchenjunga Trek, You will have spend two nights in Ghunsa for safe acclimatization before we are hike to Kanchenjunga North Base Camp – Pangpengma 5160m. There are spectacular views of Jannu Himal, Nepal Peak, Kanchenjunga I (8586m), and its glacier from the Jannu viewpoint at an elevation of 4400m. We back to Ghunsa village and go to South Base Camp of Kanchenjunga by crossing Sininon (Selele) La at an elevation of 4646m. After Kanchenjunga South Base Camp, we go to Taplejung with an up and downhill walk on a narrow trekking path which is more adventurous. Suggested all travelers do the hiking in Kanchenjunga base camp through government registered local Nepal trekking agency recommended by Lonely planet Nepal travel guide book for the secured journeys in Himalayas.
Kanchenjunga base camp trek Major Highlights
* Mt. Kanchenjunga base camp hiking one of the most wilderness Hiking destination in Nepal.
* Mount Kanchenjunga 8586 m is third highest mountain in the world lies in eastern Nepal Himalayas.
* Kanchenjunga base camp package trekking explore the both Kanchenjunga base camp route through selele pass .
* Nepal Kanchenjunga trekking tour assemble with Nepal great Himalayan trails & trekkers may extend their journeys up to Makalu Base camp trekking destination.
* Treks in Kanchenjunga base camp route opened 1988 for travelers & special Kanchenjunga trek permit issue Department of immigration Nepal , Kalikasthan Kathmandu.
Kanchenjunga base camp trek Itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334 m, Himalaya Journey Trekking airport representative will greets you Kathmandu international airport , transfer to hotel. Kanchenjunga base camp package treks briefing with officially arrangements . overnight at Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing & Kanchenjunga trek preparation day
After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of Kathmandu valley. Our representative will apply Kanchenjunga treks permit with your original passport at department of immigration , Kalikathan. overnight at Kathamndu.
Day 03: After breakfast, Moring flight from Kathmandu to Biratnagar then private jeep drive to Taplejung (1780m) . drive approximately 6 -7 hours.
Day 04:Taplejung trek to Mitlung (921 m) walk 5-6 hrs
Day 05:Mitlung to Chhirwa (1270m) walk 6-7 hrs
Day 06: Chhirwa to Sekatham (1660m) walk 6-7 hrs
Day 07: Sekatham to Amjilosa (2510m) walk 6-7 hrs
Day 08: Amjilosa to Gyabla (2730m) walk 6-7 hrs
Day 09 :Gybla to Ghunsa (3595m) walk 5-6 hrs
Day 10: Ghunsa – Exploration & Acclimatization day
Day 11: Ghunsa trek to Khambachen (4089m) walk 5-6 hrs
Day 12: Khambachen trek to Lonak (4785m) walk 4-5 hrs
Day 13: Lonak - Day hike to Kanchenjunga North Base Camp/ Pang Pema (5143m) walk 6 hrs
Day 14: Lhonak trek to Ghunsa (3595m) walk 6-7 hrs
Day 15: Ghunsa trek to Selela (4290m) walk 5-6 hrs
Day 16:Selela trek to Tseram (3870m) via Mirgin pass (4700m)/ 7-8 hrs
Day 17: Tseram trek to Ramche (4580m)/4-5 hrs
Day 18: Trek to Oktang Base camp (4730m) and back to Ramche (4730m)/ Tseram walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 19: Ramche/ Tseram trek to Tortong / Torongdin 3256m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 20: Torongdin trek to Ranipul (1452m) walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 21: Ranipul trek to Chhiruwa (1190m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 22: Chhiruwa trek to Pipal dana/ Hande danda (1667m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 23: Hande danda trek to Taplejung 1734m, walk approximately 1 ;30 minutes and same day drive to Ilam ( The best tea garden of Nepal) drive approximately 5 hours.
Day 24: Ilam drive to Biratnagar drive approximately 4 hours. Overnight at Biratnagar.
Day 25: After breakfast, Biratnagar by flight back to Kathmandu , fly approximately 35 minutes.
Day 26: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities then Himalaya Journey Trekking representative will drip to you Kathmandu International airport forward journeys or if have time for Nepal will arrange accordingly such as Chitwan jungle safari tour, Lumbini Pokhara Nagarkot tour , Rafting etc
Kanchenjunga base camp trek Cost:
[email protected], [email protected]
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Biratnagar suketar Flight .
- Kathmandu to Biratnagar Kathmandu both way flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Biratnagar to Taplejunga overland transporation by private jeep as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- special Kanchenjunga trekking permit as mentioned in itinerary
- Kanchenjunga conservation area project permit (KCAP permit)
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Taplejung to Ilam overland transportation by private jeep as mentioned in itinerary
- One night hotel accomodation in Ilam on BB basis as mentioned in Nepal ( Ilam is best tea garden of Nepal)
- Ilam to Biratnagar overland transportion by private jeep as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Taplejung Kathmandu bus transportation for staff as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Kanchenjunga base camp trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Kanchenjunga base camp trek is exciting trekking in Kanchenjunga region to visit the both Pangpema & Oktang base camp. Kanchenjunga base camp trekking is known as Kanchenjunga Selele pass trek offer beautiful Himalayan views of Mt. Kanchenjunga 8586 m , Janu Himal , Nepal peak and Tibetan Himalayan range. Kanchenjunga trek route lies in eastern Himalayan region and tally as one of the longest trekking tour in Nepal. Kanchenjunga trekking is an ideal adventure travelers hiking destination in Nepal who loves to explore the most remote and diverse landscapes, v flora and fauna, magnificent waterfalls, wildlife and breathtaking Himalayan view of Kanchenjunga region trekking route. Kanchenjunga base camp trek is counted as restricted Nepal trekking destination and required special Kanchenjunga trek permit. Kanchenjunga base camp trekking permit cost USD 70 for first 10 days and USD 10 each day for extended trip. Minimum two person necessary to obtain the Kanchenjunga trek permit through the legal local Nepal trekking companies.