Kanchenjunga trekking or Trekking in Kanchenjunga is wilderness & unspoiled trekking trails in eastern part of Nepal . Trekking in Kanchenjunga is known as Kanchenjunga base camp trekking include both Kanchenjunga base camp trekking trails ( southern Pangpema base camp & Northern Oktang Base camp) . Mt. Kanchenjunga 8586m is third highest mountain in the world. Mt. Kanchenjunga is translated along the lines of "Five Treasures of the Snow”. Kanchenjunga trekking route is opened for foreigners for trekking in only 1988. Trekking in Kanchenjunga offer best views of Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Makalu, Jahnu Himal, various of landscape, mixed culture . Kanchenjunga trekking trail has more exciting, challenging and popular organizing trip to situated in the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area which is spread over 2,035m sq km. Since Kanchenjunga trekking trail has been open , we Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition arrange numerous trekking groups in relevant areas. Trekking in Kanchenjunga region is marvelous trekking experience of Nepal Himalaya. Kanchenjunga trek start from 1200 meters (4,000ft) to 5180 meters (17,094ft) above sea level. Normally 4 weeks holidays required for Kanchenjunga selele pass trekking but we Himalaya Journey Trekking create customized trekking itinerary as per trekkers / travelers wish with amazing experience of Himalayan trekking in Nepal.
Kanchenjunga base camp Trekking begins from Suketar Taplejung accessible by air or Biratnagar / Basantapur accessible by road. Trekking in Kanchenjunga walk through lush rhododendron forests you climb on into high alpine terrain beyond the village of Gunsa. Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's trekking guide led you through the beautiful village of Sekathum , Amejelasa Gyapla Gunsa Khambochen and finally reach kanchenjunga pangpema base camp then trekking continue return same way to Gunsa to ascend the Kanchenjunga sele le pass and follow via Tseram Ramche & hike to Kanchenjunga Oktang base camp. we include Kanchenjunga trekking both kanchenjunga base camp & sele le pass . Kanchenjunga region trekking is still exploratory trekking in Nepal Himalaya and you must be prepared to take the trail as it comes. Special trekking permit is required for Kanchenjunga trekking from Government registered Nepal trekking Agency. Autumn & spring season is best time trekking in Kanchenjunga region but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange personalized trekking service as per trekkers wish and holiday schedule. minimum two person participant required trekking in Kanchenjunga region. Kanchenjunga region trekking can do both Tea house / Lodge & camping / tented trekking with amazing life time experience of Nepal Eastern Himalayan region. Minimum three weeks holidays required for Kanchenjunga trekking but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange customized trekking service as per trekkers time frame.
Kanchenjunga trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Kanchenjunga trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, Himalaya Journey tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath Stupa : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the best Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath temple: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and prepare for the Kanchenjunga trekking because this day is required to make Kanchenjunga trekking permit with original passport. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 03: Kathmandu Fly to Suketar 1824m trek to Mitlung 1968m. walk approximately 4-5 hours ( if incase of flight cancel due the bad weather , take you Biratnagar then by jeep drive to Suketar in same day)
Day 04: Mitlung trek to Chhiruwa 1190m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 05: Chhiruwa trek to Sekathum 1640m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Sekathum trek to Amjilessa 2490m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Amjilessa trek to Gyapla/Kypra 2730m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 08: Gyapla/Kypra trek to Gunsa village 3430m. walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 09: Acclimatization or rest day in Gunsa village. During this day you can hike up to the selele pass base camp. .
Day 10: Gunsa trek to Kambachen 4040m. walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 11: Kambachen trek to Lhonak 4790m. walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 12: Lhonak trek to Pang pema (Kanchenjunga northern Base Camp) 5140m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 13: Pang pema base camp trek to Lhonak 4790m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 14: Lhonak trek to Gunsa 3430m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 15: Gunsa trek to Sinion/ selele Phedi 3546m . walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 16: Sinion /selele phedi via Selele pass 4854m trek to Tseram 3870m. walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 17: Tseram trek to Kanchenjunga Oktang Base camp back to Ramche 4620m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 18: Ramche trek to Torontan 3256m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 19: Torontan Trek to Amje Khola 2340m . walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 20: Amje Khola Trek to Mamanke 1810m . walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 21: Mamanke trek to Kande Bhanjang 2134m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 22: Kande Bhanjang trek Lali Kharka 2213m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 23: Lali Kharka trek to Suketar /Taplejung 1824m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 24: Suketar by flight back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu Hotel.
Day 25: After breakfast, Relaxing or shopping with own activities than in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel .
Day 26: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Trip Cost: e-mail us:-email@example.com
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Biratnagar suketar Flight .
- Kathmandu to Biratnagar Suketar Kathmandu both way flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Kanchenjunga trekking permit as mentioned in itinerary
- Kanchenjunga conservation area project permit (KCAP permit)
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Taplejung Kathmandu bus transportation for staff as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Kanchenjunga trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Kanchenjunga trekking is one of the most popular trekking destination in eastern part of Nepal open for trekkers in 1998 . Kanachenjunga trekking is limit / controlled trekking destination of Nepal and special trekking permit required through government registered Nepal trekking agency with minimum two person required to obtain the Kanchenjunga trekking permit. At least four weeks holidays required trekking in Kanchenjunga region but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange customized trekking service as per trekkers holiday frame.