Makalu trekking is popular trekking destination in Nepal Himalaya. Makalu trekking is known as Makalu base camp trekking formerly a restricted trekking area of eastern part of Nepal , it extent five major ecological zones where can be found the lush, tropical Arun Valley, dense forests or rhododendron and fir and alpine meadows that lead to the might Barun glacier. Since Makalu Barun trekking trail has been open Himalaya journey Treks and Expedition’s professional trekking guide will make continue trekking to this region with unforgettable experience for trekkers and mountaineers. Makalu trekking trails rise from 850 meters (2,788ft) to 5000 meters (16,900ft) above sea level. Makalu Base camp trekking offering impressing natural scenery and the main focal point of makalu trekking is Makalu Barun National Park and Conservation Area, which lies in the Solukhumbhu and Sankhuwasabha district, established in 1992 and formally inaugurated in 1992. Mount Makalu (8463m), the world’s fifth highest Mountain , Chamlang Himal and Barun Valley are the major jewels of this area. Having a wide range of attitudinal and climatic variations, the Makalu Barun trekking offers a remarkable and diverse habitat for a rich variety of flora and fauna. Plants of all major ecological zones: tropical, sub-tropical, temperate, alpine and sub-alpine are found here and Makalu Barun National park is the home to a rich variety of wildlife. Makalu trekking is rich for natural paradise include beautiful mountains, pristine forest, and a wide variety of plants, animal life and the simple and warm hearted people local people with rich and varied customs.
Makalu base camp trekking commence from Tumlingtar after 1 hour secnic mountain flight from Kathmnandu. Makalu trekking region is subject to all the rules relating entry fee, fees for video cameras and restriction on firewood. The nearest airstrip in this region is Tumlingtar. Nestled in the lower reaches of these valleys are communities of Rai, Sherpa, and Shingsawa (Bhotia) farmers. Though economically poor and isolated, they retain a rich cultural heritage. They hold the key to the preservation of the unique biological and cultural treasures of the Makalu Barun area. The sub-tropical valley floor of the mighty Arun River is in places densely forested, contrasting with the terraced slopes higher up, which are farmed by villagers of diverse tribal groups. High pastures typify the upper slopes, which border on the Makalu-Barun National Park, an important conservation area for many threatened species. Most of the trekkers and mountaineers visit the Makalu-Barun area during October-November and March-April when high passes are less likely to be snowed over. Lower elevations are temperate throughout winter, and hot during April and May. Heavy monsoon rains occur throughout the region from June through September, with occasional showers during April-May. Makalu base camp trekking is one of the most remote and unfrequented trekking areas of Nepal where tourist are visited for unforgettable life experience.
Makalu trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Makalu trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, Excursion and sightseeing with your own actitivities and prepare for the Makalu trekking . Overnight at kathmandu.
Day 03: After break fast by flight Kathmandu to Tumlingtar
Day 04: Tumlingtar to Mane Bhanjayang
Day 05: Mane Bhanjayang to Chichila
Day 06: Chichila to Num
Day 07: Num to Sheduwa
Day 08: Sheduwa to Tashigaon
Day 09: Tashigaon to Khongma
Day 10: Khongma to Dobate
Day 11: Dobate to Yangle Kharka-
Day 12: Yangle Kharka to Jar Kharka
Day 13: Jar Kharka- Rest day
Day 14: Jar Kharka to Base camp (5000m)
Day 15: Base camp to Yangle Kharka
Day 16: Yangle Kharka to Thulo pokhari
Day 17: Thulo pokhari to Tashi Gaon
Day 18: Tashi Gaon to Num
Day 19: Num to Bhote bas
Day 20: Bhote bas to Tumlingtar
Day 21: Tumlingtar by flight back to kathmandu .overnight in kathmandu.
Day 22: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visitPashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 23: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Trip Cost: e-mail us:-email@example.com
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Tumlingtar Flight .
- Kathmandu to Tumlingtar /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $347)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Makalu trekking permit
- Lukla Kathmandu flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.