Everest Base camp Kala pattar trekking
Everest base camp Kala pattar trekking is popular treks in Everest Region. Everest base camp trekking take you heart of the Khumbu Himalayan trekking region. Everest base camp Kala pattar trek offer unique Himalayan views of Mt. Everest 8848m , Mt. Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m & other 25 snowy caped mountains peak of Everest region. Trekking in Mt. Everest base camp 5363m & Kala pattar 5545m is main attraction of Kalapattar trekking. Mt. Everest base camp trekking is not only popular for top of the world but Khumbu glaciers and Khumbu Icefall attraction make unforgettable experience of Nepal Himalayan trekking. Kala pattar trek is third most popular hiking destination in the world & you may feel that you can touch the Mt. Everest it means on of the nearest point to see top of the world .
Everest base camp kala patttar trek explore and visit to Mt. Everest base camp with breathtaking mountains vistas as well as hiking through Sagarmatha national park with flora, fauna and discover the shrepa settlements Autumn & spring season is best time trekking in Everest base camp but we Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition arrange personalized trekking service as per trekkers / traveler’s wish and holiday schedule.Minimum two weeks holidays required for Everest base camp Kala pattar trek as well as good physical fitness.
Everest base camp trekking begins at Lukla after 35 minutes mountain flight from Kathamndu. Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s trekking guide led you through beautiful Sherpa village Chaurikharka Phakding Namche bazaar. One extra day for acclimatize at Namche bazaar for rest , hike to Thame or trekking to Everest view hotel for beautiful Himalayan views of Everest region. Trail continue ascend through Tengboche Pheriche Lobuche Gorakshep and finally trek to Mt. Everest base camp. Next morning HJT trekking guide take to you Kala pattar ( black rock) which is the one of the closed view point center of Top of the world and trail continue descend to Lukla and Lukla by flight back to Kathmandu for continuation adventure trip in Nepal.
Major highlights of Everest base camp kala pattar trekking
* Astonishing views of Mt. Everest with 27 snowy capped mountains , Khumbu Glaciers, Khumbu Icefall
* Everest base camp kala patttar trek explore and visit to Mt. Everest base camp with breathtaking mountains vistas
* hiking through Sagarmatha national park with flora, fauna and discover the shrepa settlements
* Follow the footsteps of Tenjung Norgey, Sir Edmund Hillary and many other famous mountaineers.
* Eye catching sunrise and sunset view of Mt. Everest from Kala pattar ( the nearest view point spot )
* Scenic mountain flight from Kathmandu to Lukla Hilary airport .
Related trip information for Everest base camp kala pattar trekking
How difficult is Everest base camp trek?
Everest base camp trek is top ten treks in Everest region. Good physical is required for the trip. Trekking in Everest base camp kala pattar gradually ascend from low level elevation from Lukla 2830m so trekkers continuation doable this trip without any difficulties.
When is the best time to do the Everest base camp trekking ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do trek in Everest base camp kala pattar but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus even though Everest base camp kala pattar trek doable with our professional team
Trekking permit required for Everest base camp trek ?
Three different trekking permit required for Everest base camp kala pattar trekking ( Sagarmatha national permit ,Khumbu pasang lamu rural entry permit and TIMS permit ) then trekkers may treks to Everest trekking trails.
How many hours need to walk each day?
Minimum 5 hours need to walk each day but it is depend on the your speed but HJT team always suggest walk slow but continuation that make sense to reach the Everest base camp treks destination . Kala pattar trekking map has also clear vision one to next destination.
Everest Base camp Kala Pattar trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, 1334m, transfer to hotel, Everest base camp kala pattar trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast,Katmandu by flight to Lukla (2830m) , fly approximately 35 minutes & trek to Phakding (2630m)walk approximately 2-3 hours
Day 03: Phakding trek to Namche Bazaar (3480m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04: Namche Bazaar Rest or acclimatization day. During this day you can hike to Thame Monastery or Everest view hotel for superb Himalayan views including Everest,Lhotse,Nuptse,Amadablam, Thamserku, Kantega, Kusum khangaru,Khumbila,Tawache peak,Cholaste, Kongde etc.overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Namche trek to Phortse village(3890m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Phortse village trek to Dingboche (4320m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Dingboche trek to Lobuche (4910m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 08: Lobuche to Gorakshep (5180m) walk approximately 2-3 hours.Lunch at Gorakshep and continue trek Everest base camp and overnight at Gorakshep.
Day 09: Early in the morning hike up to kalappattar 5545m for superb Himalayan scenery including Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Pumori 7161m,Mt. Changaste 7550m, Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m), back to Gorakshep, breakfast at Gorakshep, continue trek to Pheriche (4250m) overnight at Pheriche. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 10: Pheriche trek to Tengboche (3890m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 11: Tengboche trek to Namche Bazaar walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 12: Namche Bazaar trek to Phakding walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 13: Phakding trek to Luklawalk approximately 3-4 hours
Day 14: Lukla by Flight back to Kathmandu
Day 15: AAfter breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel
Day 16: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, , river rafting etc.
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 280)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- khumbu pasang lamu rural municipality entry permit
- Kathmandu domestic airport pick up & transfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Everest base camp kal pattar trekking is most exciting trekking in Everest region trekking offer beautiful Himalayan views, Khumbu Glaciers, Khumbu Icefall & most popular Kala pattar 5545m.