Mustang region Trekking
Mustang region trekking is a controlled trekking destination in Nepal Himalaya. Mustang trekking / Upper Mustang trekking is categorized as rain shadow trekking trails of Nepal. Trekking in the Mustang region offers a spectacular trekking into the remote Trans-Himalayan mountain area with Tibetan influence culture. Treks in Mustang region is an amazing lifetime experience with great Himalayan views including two above 8000m mountains – Annapurna 8091m, Dhualgiri 8167m, beautiful landscape, Mustang King palace, Monasteries, etc. Minimum two people are required to obtain a mustang trekking permits through government registered Nepal trekking companies.
Nepal Mustang trek trails has been opened for trekkers in October 1991. The Mustang is or the people of Mustang call themselves Lobas, and they have their own King or Tribe-leader, Jigme Palbar Bista. After Nepal was declared a republic in 2007, the Nepal Government took back the official recognition of the Bista as the Mustang King. However, the people there still respect him as their King or tribe leader. Bista also grants the audience the visitor upon request. Mustang is the last forbidden kingdom of Nepal. Trek in Mustang includes Nepal's most popular Annapurna trekking trails and trekkers may extend their trekking up to the Thorong La pass or enter Annapurna Ghorepani poon hill trekking trails too.
Mustang trekking has several options for trekking among them Upper Mustang trekking, Mustang Lo Manthang trekking known as Lower Mustang trekking, Mustang Tiji festival trekking, Mustang Jeep safari tour, Mustang Damodar Kunda trekking are major trekking destinations. Since Nepal Mustang trekking has been we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange numerous trekking groups in relevant areas. Nowadays all options mustang trekking can do tea house / Lodge trekking. Mustang is a rain shadow trekking zone & May, June, July, August are the best months of trekking in the Mustang region but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per trekker's wish and desire.
Major Highlights of Trekking in Mustang region
* Mustang trekking trails counted as Last forbidden kingdom of Nepal still Mustangi king ruling the Mustang Lo Manthang king palace
* Trekking in Mustang region is take into consideration as Rain shadow trekking trails of Nepal
* Discover the Mysteries sky caves and world’s oldest Gompa in mustang region
* Treks in Mustang region - an exploration of the enchanting medieval Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal.
* Panoramic Himalayan views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalayan range as well as landscape comparable like a Tibet
* Touch Annapurna circuit trekking trails & explore the kali gandaki valley