Mustang trekking is restricted trekking tour in Nepal lies on between Annapurna trekking trails.Upper Mustang trekking is really amazing experience of the last forbidden kingdoms of Nepal .Mustang trek opened in 1992 for foreigners. Trekking in Mustang offer beautiful Himalayan scenery of whole Annapurna Himalayan range, beautiful landscape like in Tibet, Monasteries , temples and lush valley. Upper Mustang trekking is lifetime amazing experience with explore the natural beauties. The landscape of Mustang trekking tour is a barren moonscape of eroded sandstone pillars and discontinuous moraine terraces, which together present a colorful mosaic made up principally of earthen reds, yellows and brown.
Upper Mustang trekking included as rain shadow trekking zone in Nepal and even monsoon season also appropriate trekking in Mustang region. Special trekking permit required for Nepal Mustang trekking through government registered Nepal trekking Agency and minimum two person trekkers necessary for obtain Mustang trekking permit as per Nepal government rule and regulation. Treks in Mustang region without substantially high passes (nothing over 4200 meters) this is not too physically demanding trek. Mustang trekking is amazing lifetime adventure in Nepal for those nature & mountain lovers including to see world's oldest Monastery & Gompas in the cave as well as beautiful landscape comparable to Tibet.
Mustang trekking commence, After flight from pokhara to Jomsom or Nayapul after an hour drive from pokhara . Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's trekking guide led you through the beautiful valley of Kagbeni, Chele , Geiling, Tsarang and finally reached at Lo -Manthang ( one of the beautiful place of Mustang trekking ). Nepal Mustang trekking across passes of up to 4100m, we will also be walking through a succession of picturesque white painted Mustang villages and Tibetan monasteries, set against a backdrop of the distant snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas . Mustang trekking required minimum 10 days trekking permit it means USD 500 person but trekkers may join upper Mustang trekking with extended permit . Monsoon season ( May , June , July & August) best month trekking in Mustang but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per travelers holiday frame with customized / personalized trekking service .
Since Nepal Upper Mustang trekking trail has been open Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition operate numerous trekking groups in relevant areas with life time Nepal Himalayas experience ! we have different options Mustang trekking itinerary but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange personalized / customized or tailor made trip service as per travelers wish and holiday frame.Also we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange Mustang Jeep safari tour for adventure travelers who has limit time to visit in Mustang lo Manthang.
Major Highlights of Mustang trekking
*Trek to upper Mustang - an exploration of the Last forbidden kingdom of Nepal
* Open for trekkers in 1992 and trek through breathtaking kali gandaki valley
* Exploration of Annapurna trekking trails with natural hot spring, world deepest kali gandaki gandaki gorge, beautiful apple garden of Nepal
* you will click 360 degree panoramic Himalayan views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalayan region
* Exploration of trans Himalayan zone & nomad land of Mustang Lo Manthang
* Exploration of world’s oldest Gompa & Muktinath temple/ salvation temple in same trip
Related trip information for Mustang trekking
Prior experience necessary for this trekking?
Mustang trek is easy moderate trek in Mustang region .Average level of physical fitness is required. No prior experience of trekking / hiking is required but good physical fitness and hiking experience is essential. Anyone with an average level of physicality can do this trek. We Himalaya Journey Trekking always lay out safety, comfort and good health of the trekkers. Our packages are professionally generated to ensure a safe trek focusing on acclimatization and stability.
When is the best time to do the trekking in Mustang ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do Mustang trekking tour but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus but Mustang trekking doable as it has no high passes trail
We Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange / handle all type of ground transportation such as Car, Van, Hiace, Mini Bus, Coaster, deluxe bus, shuttle Bus, Land cruiser upon your arrival to final departure as well as all domestic flight tickets included charter flights, mountain flight & Helicopter flight as per guest requirements. Mostly prior us private transportation for the safety and comfortable.
Meal is most important and essential for hiking / trekking holidays in Nepal. During your holidays trip either tour or trekking, you will get all type of the meals such as Nepalese, Indian, Chinese, American, Italian, continental. Travelers will get meals in Restaurant or tea house during the trekking in Nepal Himalaya as per order and hygienic meals created power to reach your ultimate destination. You may consult about meals with HJT trekking guide for your adventure trip!
we have 48 trekking destination in Nepal among them 46 trekking destination has good facilities for tea house accommodation, only two trekking destination Makalu and Dolpo trekking trails has still partly need to sleep in tent / tented camp. we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange good quality accommodation as possible with attached toilet and bath room in available trekking destination. Most of the trekking trails has single, double , triple and dormitory rooms available and HJT trek guide will arrange as per requirements.
Drinking water is most essential elements for the trekking in Nepal Himalayas. Trekkers will get drinking water every tea house, shops or lodge entire the trekking tour. We Himalaya Journey Trekking look always look after our valued client’s health so highly recommended to have mineral water or boiled water during the trekking or tour in Nepal.
Trekking Guide & Porters
For trekker’s safety and comfortable trekking in Nepal Himalaya, our guide will play vital role to reach your trekking destination as well as safety trekking in all the trekking trails of Nepal. Guide is key or master and responsible person for the trekking who always look after your trip , health and take to your destination. Every tiny things will explain about history, culture, tradition , place and Himalayas. Porters will carry your bag pack entire the trekking tour for your most comfortable journeys in Himalaya!
All the trekking equipments required as mentioned in our trekking gear list to reach your destination without any problem so please kindly requested to all trekkers to bring essential trekking gears for your adventure trekking in Nepal Himalaya. Without your trekking equipment can’t imagine your trekking holidays in Nepal
Travel insurance is most required for trekking in Nepal Himalayas. Most of the trekking trails in Nepal surrounding by high Himalaya, rocky trekking trails as well as cliffs and sometime trekkers may suffer by high altitude sickness or Acute mountain sickness at the same time we have to take you by Helicopter rescue thus required your travel insurance for trekking in Nepal Himalayas. Beside that point trekkers may sick or accident in Himalaya thus required to do your travel insurance before heading to trekking in Nepal Himalaya.
Money required for all travelers or trekkers to have meal or buy any souvenir from Nepal. In Nepal : Hotel, Restaurant, guest hose or trekking trails accept US Dollars, Euro, Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars or any currency but we HJT suggested all trekkers / travelers may change your currency to Nepalese
Mustang trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Mustang trekking / Trekking in Mustang briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in Kathmandu valley such as Visit Boudhhanath : Bodhnath Stupa, one of the best Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel.and prepare for the Mustang trekking because this day is required to make Mustang special trekking permit with original passport. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara 915m. by tourist bus or by flight. overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 04: Pokhra to Jomsom 2720m,by flight and trek to Kagbeni 2810m. walk approximately 4-5 hours .
Day 05: Kagbeni trek to Chele 3050m.walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Chele trek to Geling 3500m.walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Geling trek to Tsarang/Chharang 3620m.walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 08: Tsarang/Chharang trek to Lo Manthang 3840m .walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 09: Acclimataization or Rest day in Lo-Manthang. During this, you can make sightseeing or excursion tour around Mustang King palace and monasteries.
Day 10: Lo Manthang trek to Ghami 3545m. via Gekar.walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 11: Ghami trek to Samar 3356m . walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 12: Samar trek to Kagbeni .walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 13: Kagbeni trek to Jomsom.walk approximately 4-5 hours.
Day 14: After breakfast Jomsom to Pokhara by flight than by bus/private vehicle or by flight back to Kathmandu.overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 15: After breakfast, Relaxing or shopping with own activities than in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel .
Day 16: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Trip Cost: e-mail us:-email@example.com
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Kathmandu to pokhara overland transportation by tourist bus as mentioned in itinreary
- Tourist bus station to Pokhara hotel transfer by private vehicle as mentioed in itinerary
- Two night hotel accomodation in Pokhara on BB basis ( two star catagory hotel ) as mentioned in itinerary
- Pokhara hotel to domestic airport drop by private vehicle as mentioed in itinerary
- Pokhara jomsom Pokhara flight ticket as metioed in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / Lodge entire the upper mustang trekking as mentined in itinerary
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Upper mustang trekking permit (USD500)
- Annapurna conservation area project permit (ACAP permit)
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Pokhara Kathmandu overland transportation by tourist bus as mentioned in itinerary
- guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valey sightseeing tour with private vehilce as menioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Mustang Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Mustang trekking is known as Upper Mustang trekking controlled trekking zone & the last forbidden kingdom of Nepal . Mustang trekking is moderate trekking destination required minimum two person participant to obtain Mustang trekking permit through government registered Nepal trekking agency can do with in two weeks offer beautiful Himalayan views, beautiful landscape like in Tibet, Monasteries.