Everest High passes trekking
Everest High passes trekking is one of the challenging hiking in Nepal Everest trekking trails. Everest High pass trekking is known as Everest three passes trekking include Kongma La pass (5535m), Cho La pass (5420m) ,and Renjo La pass (5338m) link the four major valleys in the Everest region trekking also classify as an exciting adventure trekking in Nepal. Everest three pass trekking is only one trekking destination in Everest trekking route that cover the whole Khumbu valley trekking trails at once with eye-catching Himalayan views of 4 above 8000m mountains including top of the world & 23 snowy capped mountains thus these trails become one of the favorite treks in Everest region.
Everest high passes trek is most exciting journey that offers the best mountains vista, gokyo lake, Gokyo Ri Khumbu Glaciers, Khumbu Icefall, Kala patthar and the tallest Mount Everest base camp 5463m. Good physical fitness is required for Everest high pass trek because of challenging 3 passes trekking but not prior trekking experience necessary. Everest 3 passes trek through the Sagarmatha National park, established in 1976 with the goal to protect the Floras, Fauna, wild annimals and birds of Everest trek path.March, April, September, October, and November are the best month for the Everest three pass trek but we Himalaya Journey Trekking and Expedition arrange Everest 3 passes trek according as per trekkers wish and holiday frame.
Trekking in Everest three passes is best options for those trekkers & adventure seekers who prefer challenging pass in Nepal Himalaya as well as the best view of Mt. Everest from different places with different its giant face. Minimum three weeks holidays required for Everest 3 pass trekking but tailor-made packages are always escorted as per guest requirements. It is not mandatory to make three passes at once it means Everest two high passes ( Renjo La pass & Cho La pass trekking) doable as your wish and desire. Everest 3 passes trekking is one of the exciting and challenging treks in Everest region.
Everest three passes trekking begins from Lukla after 35 minutes mountain flight from Kathmandu. Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's trekking guide lead Everest high pass treks through Namche Bazaar, Thame via Renjo la pass ascend to Gokyo ri for best Himalayan views of Khumbu region. Trek continues heading via Cho la pass trek to Everest base camp and next morning ascend to Kala Pattar (5545m) the highest point of this trekking. Trek return until Lobuche and ascend to Kongma La pass and descend to Chhukung valley. With a fantastic view of Khumbu, Himalayan views return to Lukla then by flight back to Kathmandu. Everest three passes trek oable from both sides clockwise and anti-clockwise as per the trekker's wish and desire.
Major Highlights of Everest high passes trekking
* Exciting adventure trekking in Everest region with top three high passes – Renjo La , Cho la and Kongma la pass
* Cover almost trekking route of Everest trek trail including the two major best view spot Gokyo ri & Kala pattar
* Explore Tibetan sherpa culture with visit the beautiful Thame valley, Gokyo valley & Khumbu valley at once in same trip
* Giants Himalayan faces of 4 above 8000m mountains ( Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt.Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m & Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m) & 23 snowy capped mountains
* Explore the oldest monasteries of Khumbu region – Thomo monastery, Thame monastery, Pangboche Monastery & Tengboche monastery at the same time.
* Feel the real adventure of various type of wild animals ,birds and Rhododendron forest
Related trip information for Everest Three passes trekking:
How difficult is Everest high passes trekking?
Everest high passes trekking is one of the most challenging trek in Everest region. Good Physical fitness and mental preparation is required for the trip. Hiking experience is required as well as need to have few month training for walk in high Himalayan zone and pass. Our guide has depth experience and done the trekking frequently so will led carefully even less experience hiking in Himalaya.
How difficult is Three passes?
Kong ma la pass is a tough part of the Everest three pass trek. Clock wise three pass commence from Rejo la pass , Cho la pass and in the end Kongma la pass so even it is slightly hard but while you made two pass then this pass also doable easily. Trekkers should have good quality trekking boots and crampons because sometime icy trail make trekkers difficult to walk.
When is the best time to do the Everest high pass trek ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do Everest high pass trek but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus and rare chance to make three pass.
Do you need trekking permit for Everest three passes trekking?
Yes, you need three different trekking permit for Everest three passes trekking – Sasgarmatha National park permit, Trekkers information management system (TIMS) permit & Khumbu Pasang Lamu rural municipality entry permit which you may obtain local Nepal trekking agency.
Do you need trekking guide for Everest high passes trek?
Everest high passes trek is challenging treks in Everest region and Highly recommended at least use professional Nepal trekking guide that make your adventure treks to Everest high passes more enjoyable, safety and memorable because of guide will lead your adventure journey without any difficult even heavy snowfall on the three pass, know in details about local culture, Himalaya details , trekking path as well as take care of you. Who will take care / responsible if you are missing on the way so for your secure trip in Nepal Himalaya , guide is essential.
How to find the best and reliable Nepal trekking companies for Everest three passes trek ?
It is hard to find the best and reliable Nepal trekking companies for Everest three passes trek if you just surfing via google or internet so trekkers should know Nepal trekking company legal documents, service, reputation, either recommended in international travel guide book such as Lonely planet guide book, Rough guide book etc sometime free lance trekking guide, operator or illegal Nepal trekking agency also show up their website and sale the trekking it means beware from illegal operation that make your holiday hazards.
Everest High passes trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu(1334m), transfer Hotel and Everest high passes trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu
Day 02: After breakfast, Kathmandu by flight to Lukla , flight approximately 35 minutes. trek to Phakding (2830m). walk approximately 2-3 hours
Day 03: Phakding trek to Namche Bazaar (3480m). walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 04: Namche Bazaar acclimatization day.( During the day , you can hike to Thame for beautiful Himalayan views, wild animals and Tibetan Monastery , Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m), Mt. Cholaste (6335m) ,island peak (6179m), Khumbila (God of Khumbu) 5761m etc , walk approximately 5-6 hours overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05 Namche bazaar trek to Thame (3867m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Thame trek to Lungden (4610m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Lungden via Renjo la pass (5338m) trek to Gokyo (4750m) Walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 08: Wake up early in the morning to hike to Gokyo Ri 5350m for panoramic Himalayan views such as Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Kangchung 6063m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m, Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m, back to Gokyo, lunch at Gokyo lake and continue trek to Thangnak(4620m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 09: Thangnak via Cho la pass (5420m) to Dzngola (4810m) Walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 10: Dznong La trek to Lobuche (4910m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 11: Lobuche to Gorkashep (5180m).Gorakshep to continue trek to Everest base camp and overnight at Gorakshep. Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 12: Early in the morning hike up to kalappattar 5545m for superb Himalayan scenery including Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Pumori 7161m,Mt. Changaste 7550m, Mt. Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m), back to Gorakshep continue trek to Lobuche (4910m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 13: Lobuche via Kongma la pass (5535m) trek to Chhukung (4750m) walk approximately 6-7 hours. Overnight at Chhukung
Day 14: After breakfast, our guide take to you Chhukung Ri 5500m for beautiful Himalayan views of Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt.. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m,Mt. Khumbila 5761m(God of the Khumbu),Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m ,Island peak 6179m, Lobuche peak 6145m,Pokalde peak 5806m, Honku south peak 6119m, back to Dingboche . walk approximately 5-6 hours. overnight at Digboche
Day 15: Dingboche trek to Tyangboche (3890m) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 16: Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazzar (3480m) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 17:Namche bazaar trek to phakding (2830m) walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 18: Phakding trek to Lukla (2830m) walk approximately 6-7 hours.
Day 19: Lukla by Flight back to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel, overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 20: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as a Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Bhaktapur: you will enjoy with different spectacular Himalayan scenery , old architecture, 55 windows, Pottry farm, king curd and old style primitive houses. Etc Patan Dubare square: Patan city is the temple city of Nepal where you will see the many temple, Mahabudhha , Golden temple etc . and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel
Day 21: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities then our representative will drip to you Kathmandu International airport forward journeys or if have time for Nepal will arrange accordingly such as Chitwan jungle safari tour, Lumbini Pokhara Nagarkot tour , Rafting etc.
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 380)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking. ( two person get one trekking porters who will carry maximum 25-30 kg as per rule and regulation of Nepal workers Union )
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Khumbu pasang lamu rural municipality entry permit as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu domestic airport pick up and trasfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government
- Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Everest high passes trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Everest high passes trekking is one of the most challening trekking trails in khumbu region include three high passes Kongma La pass (5535m), Cho La pass (5420m), and Renjo La pass (5338m) with perfect Himalayan views of 4 above 8000m mountains.