Manaslu base camp trekking
Manaslu base camp trekking is one of the most popular trekking in Nepal Himalaya that lies on western part of Kathmandu. Manaslu base camp trek explore the world 8th tallest mountain base camp, hiking in Manaslu region and join to the Annapurna circuit trekking trails at Dharpani. Nepal Manaslu base camp trekking offer best Himalayan views of three above 8000m mountain ( Annapurna 8091m, Manaslu 8163m , Dhaulagiri 8167m) with 19 snowy trekking peaks through hiking Manaslu conservation area. Mt. Manaslu base camp trekking add up as restricted trekking trails and opened for tourist in 1992. Trekking in Manaslu base camp is known as Manaslu Larkya la pass trekking combination of rich culture heritage, unsurpassed beauty ,biological diversity and less crowded treks in Nepal Himalaya.
Mount Manaslu base camp trekking required special trekking permit through the local Nepal trekking companies. Minimum two people required it means individually unable to treks in Manaslu base camp. Good physical fitness is essential but no prior trekking experienced required as trekking commence from low level and gradually ascent up to the challenging Larkya La pass 5135m. At least two weeks holidays essential for Manaslu base camp hiking but trekkers may extend or shorter options also available as per holiday frame. At the moment good facilities of Tea house or lodge entire the Nepal Manaslu base camp trek . Autumn ( September, October, November ) and Spring ( March , April) are best month trek in Manaslu base camp 4867m.
Nepal Manaslu base camp trekking start at Arughat, Gorkha after 7-8 hours drive from Kathmandu. Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition ‘s trekking guide led through Tibetan Sherpa village , lush valley until Samagaun then next day our guide lead trekking to Manaslu base camp 4867m . It take round trip 7-8 hours from Samagaun and need to take pack lunch. This is ultimate goal and feel the life time experience touch the world 8th tallest mountain base camp. Trekking continue ascend Samdo then next day challenging Larkya la pass 5132m then trails descend to Dharapani and Annapurna trekking trail. Since Manaslu trekking trail has been open , we Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition arrange numerous groups in relevant areas with lifetime amazing experience.
Nepal Manaslu base camp trekking Major highlights
* Manaslu base camp trekking is most exciting trekking in Manaslu region that lies on western part of Nepal to explore the world 8th highest mountain base camp.
* Nepal Manaslu base camp trekking offer best mountain vista of three above 8000m mountain and discover two differnt trekking trails ( Annapurna circuit trekking trails and Mansalu Larkya La pass trekking trails) in same trip.
* Manaslu base camp trek combination of rich culture heritage, unsurpassed beauty ,biological diversity.
* Hiking through Manaslu conservation area with discover the flora and fauna of Manaslu trekking trails.
Fixed Departure Dates
July 2022 : 5th, 8th ,10th, 15th , 19th , 24th ,27th
August 2022: 3rd ,6th,11th, 13th, 16th, 18th, 24th
September 2022: 3rd, 5th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 21st, 24th, 26th, 29th
October 2022: 5th, 7th, 10th, 12th, 16th, 18th, 23rd, 25th ,27th, 29th
November 2022:2nd,5th ,8th,13th, 15th,18th, 20th, 23rd, 26th
December 2022: 1st, 5th ,7th,10th ,12th, 16th,18th, 20th, 23rd, 25th
Manaslu base camp trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1334m), transfer Hotel, Manaslu base camp trekking / Manaslu larkya la pass trekking briefing with officially arrangments. overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, excursion or sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley with own activities & prepare for the Manaslu base camp trek because this day is required to make Manaslu special trekking permit with original passport. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 03: Kathmandu – Arughat 525m, 1722ft
Early morning, drive to Arughat, 7/8 hours by bus or jeep through the beautiful landscape. Arughat is the biggest market in the area for local trade, at the bank of Budhi Gandaki River. Explore the surrounding area. After getting there we trek heads to the north along Budhi Gandaki River and we pass the villages of Santi Bazar, Arukhet and ascend slowly toward Kyoropani near the confluence of Soti River – an ideal place to take a fresh water bath. We walk 3-4 hours today. We stay overnight in lodge at Soti Khola.
Day 04: Sotikhola – Macha Khola 887m, 2919ft.
We head to Machha Khola, 5-6 hours walking. The trail descends slowly until we climb again to mountain ridge to Armala. Pass the forest trail to arrive at Riden Gaon. The valley here cuts into another side of the river to enter Budhi Gandaki. At Labubesi, the trail follows down to the sandy riverbed of Budhi Gandaki. Stay there overnight in lodge at Macha Khola.
Day 05: Macha Khola - Jagat 1345m, 4412ft.
We walk continue to Jagat, 7-8 hours walking. In the beginning we cross Machha River and head upstream along the river´s edge. After crossing Khorla besi, there is a hot spring “Tatopani". The trail follows woody area after this toward Dovan. Below Dovan, there is a huge rapid at Budhi Gandaki. As the elevation increases, the rapids and the scenery undergoes a complete transformation. Stay overnight in lodge at Jagat.
Day 06: Jagat – Dang 1960m, 6430ft.
Trek to Dang, 8 hours walk, ascend a rocky ridge up to Salleri then to Setibas. We have lunch at Filim today; the trail enters a steep uninhabited gorge and descends through grassy slopes dotted with tall Pine trees via Budhi Gandaki. Further on, the tiny village Deng comes after crossing a bamboo forest and Dang Khola. Stay overnight in lodge at Deng.
Day 07: Dang – Namrung 2700m, 8858ft.
We walk today to Namrung 4/5 hours walking. The trail crosses over Budhi Gandaki enters woods then it climbs up to Budhi Gandaki valley. The trek climbs over a big rock, continues up through deep fir and rhododendron forest, and then enters Namrung at the crest. Stay overnight in lodge at Namrung.
Day 08: Namrung – Samagaun 3520m, 11546ft.
We head to Sama Gompa 7/8 hours walking. We follow to Nupri region; the trail passes Barcham and crosses Himan Khola and reaches to Shyo. The trail then follows to Lho and drops down across Damonan Khola. Ascend again to a plateau at Shyo. Crossing a ridge the trail descends onto a rock - strewn moraine and goes onto a ridge overlooking pastures and fields of Sama Gaon. The Sama Gompa is nestled against a wooded moraine at the end of the valley. We stay overnight in lodge at Sama Gaon.
Day 09: Trekking in Manaslu base camp
walk approximately 7-8 hours. HJT trekking guide take to you Mt. Manaslu base camp 4867m. You feel proud by your self to reach world 8th tallest mountain base camp and explore with amazing life time experince. Trekking in Manaslu base camp take almost a full day for round trip. We will see a marvelous view of Manaslu. Stay overnight at same place.
Day 10: Samagaun - Samdo 3860m, 12402 ft.
We trek to Samdo 3-4 hours walk, as trail widens we walk through juniper and birch forest. The trail passes several Mani walls and a stone hut at Kermo Kharka. The trail then climbs steeply to find Samdo nestle behind a ridge.
Day11: Samdo – Larke Rest home/Dharmasaala 4460m, 14532ft.
We trek to Larke rest house 4 hours walking. We go further on to Larke La. The trail forwards and climbs in and out of the gorge and reaches the only shelter on the route to the pass, Larke Rest House. Stay there overnight in lodge at Samdo.
Day 12: Larke Rest Homes – Bimtang 3750m, 12300ft.
After having an early breakfast we start the trek at 06:00AM today. The trail reaches at the top of the moraine at 4,700m. (15,420ft) and climbs steeply to the pass at 5,135m/16,847ft. with the tremendous views of Himlung Himal (7126m), Cheo Himal (6826m), Gyaji Kang, Kangaru Himal (6981m) and Annapurna 2nd (7937m). from the top of Larke Pass then the trail descends to Bimtang “Plain of Sand" in Tibetan Language. This huge valley surrounded by high peaks. Stay there overnight in lodge at Bimtang.
Day 13: Bimtang – Dharapaani 1963m, 6438ft.
6 hours walk down to Dharapaani. Trail continues through the fields, oak and rhododendron forest and reaches to Tilche (a Gurung village) and cross a suspension bridge at Tilche over Dudh Khola then descend to Dharapaani. Stay there overnight in lodge at Dharapani.
Day 14: Dharapaani – Beshishar 823m /2699ft
Now a days off road has built from Beshishar up to Manang so today we will take you by local vehicle. drive approximatley 5/6 hours. then by private vehicle drive back to kathmandu.
Day 15: Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour
After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the best Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 16: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities then our representative will drip to you Kathmandu International airport forward journeys or As you have time for Nepal will arrange accordingly such as Chitwan jungle safari tour, Lumbini Pokhara Nagarkot tour , Rafting etc.
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Arughat bazaar overland transportation by private jeep as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / Lodge entire the manaslu trekking as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Manaslu speicial trekking permit
- Manaslu conservation area project ( MCAP permit)
- Annapurna conservation area project permit (ACAP permit)
- Besishar to Kathmandu overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Manaslu Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Manaslu base camp trekking is less crowded trekking destination with panoramic Himalayan views of Mt. Manaslu 8163m, Mt. Annapurna I.8091m wiht