Everest Base camp trek 2020 / 2021
Everest base camp trek is 3rd popular hiking destination in the world described by Lonely planet guide book. Everest base camp trekking is a once in lifetime opportunity to see the top of the world (Mount Everest 8848m) and leave your own foot print in the Mt. Everest base camp. Mt. Everest base camp treks take to you high Himalayan glaciers ( Khumbu Glaciers),different stage of landscape with Khumbu Icefalls, 4 above 8000m mountains (Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m, ) relaxing with Tibetan sherpa culture + wild animals such as Mountain Thar, Red panda, Leopards, Jackel and birds such as pheasant, long tail birds etc. Trekking in Everest base camp is a life time adventure trekking in Nepal Himalaya for those who want to involve in natural beauties and high mountain zone trekking trails. Minimum two weeks trekking holidays in Nepal may enough for the Everest base camp trekking tour but trekkers may extend the trip included Gokyo cho la pass & EBC trekking at the same time. Everest base camp trek Nepal categorized #1 trekking in Nepal Himalayas & Autumn - spring seasons are best time to do Mount Everest base camp trekking but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange any time of year.
Everest base camp trekking start from Lukla after 35 minutes mountain flight from Kathmandu. After land at tiny Lukla Airport, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s trekking guide will led through the homelands of the Sherpa people, among their villages and Buddhist monasteries, with distant views of Mount Everest. Mount Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse , Mount Ama Dablam, considered by many to be among the most beautiful mountains in Nepal. After one day acclimatize at Namche Bazaar, continuation for Everest base camp trekking via descend to the Tyangboche monastery ,Pangboche and Pheriche before finally approaching the Khumbu Glacier. We then follow the glacier, first to Lobuche, a vantage point for some spectacular views of the Ama Dablam, Taweche and other peaks and then hike to Gorak Shep for a breather. Gorakshep 5180m is the last settlement of the sherpa community. After having lunch at Gorakshep Himalaya Journey Trekking guide will take to the Everest base camp 5435m and back to the gorakshep. Our trekking guide will take to you kala pattar 5545m for superb Himalayan scenery of Everest region than trails descend to the Dingboche valley and different way via Phortse village back to Lukla and Lukla by flight back to Kathmandu for continuation adventure trip in Nepal.
Fixed Departure Dates
October 2020: 5th, 8th ,11th, 17th , 24th , 27th ,30th
November 2020: 2nd ,4th,7th, 15th, 21st, 25th, 28th
December 2020: 1st, 4th, 8th, 10th, 16th, 22nd, 24th, 26th, 28th, 30th
January 2021: 5th, 7th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 15th,19th,22nd ,24th, 29th
February 2021: 3rd, 5th ,8th,11th, 14th,16th,19th, 23rd ,25th
March 2021: 4th, 6th ,9th, 11th ,14th, 19th,20th,23rd, 25th ,29th
Everest Base camp trek itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu (1334m), transfer Hotel, Everest base camp trek briefing with officially arrangements.overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, Kathmandu by flight to Lukla (2830m), then trek to Phakding (2610m.)Walk approximately 3-4 hours..
Day 03: Phakding trek to Namche Bazar (3440m.). Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04: Namche Bazaar Rest or acclimatization day. During this day you can hike to Thame Monastery or Everest view hotel for superb Himalayan views including Everest,Lhotse,Nuptse,Amadablam, Thamserku, Kantega, Kusum khangaru,Khumbila,Tawache peak,Cholaste, Kongde etc or short hike to the Everest view hotel for panoramic Himalayan views .overnight at Namche Bazaar
Day 05: Namche Bazaar trek to Tyangboche (3890m).Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Tyangboche trek to Dingboche (4350m).Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 07: Dingboche trek to Lobuche (4950m.).Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 08: Lobuche to Gorakshep (5180m) , walk approximately 2-3 hours,after lunch continue to Everest base camp (5500m) walk approximately 5-6 hours. and overnight at Gorakshep.
Day 09: Early in the morning hike up to kala pattar 5545m for superb Himalayan scenery including Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Pumori 7161m,Mt. Changaste 7550m, Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m), back to Gorakshep, breakfast at Gorakshep, continue trek to Dingboche 4350m. overnight at Dingboche. walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 10: Dingboche trek to Phortse village 3890m.Walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 11: Phortse village trek to Everest view Hotel trek to Namche Bazaar.Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 12 : Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla 2830 Walk approximately 6-7 hours.
Day 13: Lukla by flight back to kathmandu.approximatley 35 minutes.
Day 14: After breakfast , our tour guide will take to you sightseeing such as :Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc. transfer to hotel and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant . Overnight at Kathmandu .
Day 15: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc. .
Trip Cost: USD $1585 Per person
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 380)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- khumbu pasang lamu rural municipality entry permit
- Kathmandu Domestic airport pick up as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Everest base camp trek Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Everest base camp trek is 3rd popular hiking destination in the world described by Lonely planet guide book. Everest base camp trekking is a once in lifetime opportunity to see the top of the world (Mount Everest 8848m) and leave your own foot print in the Mt. Everest base camp. Mt. Everest base camp treks take to you high Himalayan glaciers ( Khumbu Glaciers),different stage of landscape with Khumbu Icefalls, 4 above 8000m mountains (Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m, ) relaxing with Tibetan sherpa culture + wild animals such as Mountain Thar, Red panda, Leopards, Jackel and birds such as pheasant, long tail birds etc