Annapurna Thorong La pass Annapurna base camp trekking
Annapurna base camp trekking via Thorong la pass is one of the longest treks in Annapurna region lies in Mustang Maygdi district Gandaki province No 4. Annapurna Thorong la pass trek suitable for those who wish to make both trails (Annapurna circuit trekking and Annapurna base camp trek route) at once. Annapurna circuit Ghorepani poon hill and trek to Annapurna base camp experiencing the trans Himalaya zone, Rain shadow zone, Deepest Kali Gandaki gorge, hot spring throgh highest Annapurna Thorong la pass trekking route. Trekking in Annapurna Thorong La pass and Annapurna base camp trekking is tally as world’s top ten trekking destination offer stunning Himalayan views including the Mt. Annapurna 8091 m, Mt. Manaslu 8163 m, Mt. Dhaulagiri 8167 m and 27 snowy capped mountains of Annapurna region trekking. Trekking in Annapurna base camp via Thorong La pass touched the highest lake in the world Tilicho lake – located at 4912m, Deepest Gorge in the world – Kali gandaki Gorge – 7623m. Third highest waterfall – Ruptse water fall, Natural hot spring, black fossils/ saligram, salvation temple / Muktinath temple, best Apple garden of Nepal Himalaya Marpha,Tibetan Monasteries. since Annapurna trekking opened in 1977 for tourist than Annapurna base camp trek package and around Annapurna trekking become one of the most popular trekking in Nepal.
Annapurna Thorong la pass trekking is exploration of Marsyangdi and Kali Gandaki river through Thakali, Magar, and Gurung settlements . Great experiments of world’s one of most famous Annapurna Thorong La Pass 5,416m comparing higher then Everest base camp trek route 5363m. Annapurna circuit trekking required minimum 3 weeks holidays. Annapurna Thorung la pass trek commence from Beshishar and end at Pokhara but Himalaya Journey Trekking will arrange relevant package trip according to trekker’s wish and desire with amazing life time Experience Nepal Himalayas! If you wish to prefer regular link on Annapurna base camp trekking shorter options which you can do with two week trekking holidays in Nepal. Thorong La pass Annapurna base camp trek distance 230 km from Beshishar to pokhara. Around Annapurna trek route and Trekking in Annapurna bse camp fit for both novice and experinced trekkers . Annapurna circuit base camp trek difficulty level is challenging and good physical fitness is essential. Mt. Annapurna base camp trek via Thorong la pass trek route cover whole Annapurna trekking destination with in 3 week holidays but now a days doable with in 21 days.
Annapurna base camp trekking with Annapurna circuit combine trip commence from Beshishar after 5-6 hours drive from Kathmandu. Himalaya Journey Trekking leader take to you through beautiful village with Marshyangdi River up to Manang village which is lies on trans Himalayan zone of Nepal then continue hike up to Thorong La pass (5416m) descend to Mustang valley and trial continue descend to natural Hot spring / Tatopani where you can enjoy with natural hot water. Trail ascend to Annapurna Ghorepani poon hill which is one of the scenic view point of Annapurna Himalayan zone. After scenic mountain views trail continue descend to Chhomorung village then hike to Annapurna base camp trails. Annapurna circuit trekking combine with Annapurna base camp trekking trails are also most coverage whole Annapurna region thus this is one of the memorable trip in Annapurna region trekking trails. The classic Annapurna base camp trek itinerary via Thorong la pass trek route designed accordingly as below but flexbile arragne as per travelers hoice. We Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange personalized / customized trekking service as per travelers holiday frame even itinerary design differently.
Annapurna base camp trekking via Thorong la pass route Major Highlights
- Annapurna Thorong La pass trekking offer great experiments of world’s one of most famous Annapurna Thorong La Pass 5,416m comparing higher then Everest base camp 5363m.
- Annapurna base camp trek via Thorong la pass offer spectacular views of Mt. Manaslu 8163m , Mt. Dhaulagiri 8167m, Mt. Annapurna 8091m with 23 snowy capped Nepal mountains vistas as well as magnificent lakes, glaciers, gorges, hot spring and waterfalls
- Exploration of Marsyangdi and Kali Gandaki river through Thakali, Magar, and Gurung settlements while trekking in Annapurna Thorung la pass
- Visit Muktinath Temple ,a sacred place for both Hindus and Buddhists and discover the Annapurna base camp trekking trails
- Longest trekking route of Annapurna region include both Annapurna circuit trekking route and Annapurna base camp trails at the same trip.
Things to Know before heding to the Annapurna Thorong la pass trek with ABC
Travelers should know the Annapurna Thorong la pass ABC package before visit in Nepal. For instant travel service call 977- 9851007829
Thorong la pass Annapurna base camp trek ditance and Elevation
Annapurna circuit ABC trekking distance 276 km start from Beshishar – Manang Thorong phedi Thorong la pass and end at Pokhara .
The highest elevation of classic Annapurna circuit trek is Thorong la pass 5416m /17665 ft from the sea level. Annapurna circuit ABC package trekking is moderate challenging trekking in Nepal Himalayas.
Difficulties of Annapurna circuit ABC trek
Annapurna circuit ABC trek difficulty level moderate difficult however fit for both novice and experienced trekkers. It means Annapurna circuit trek in Nepal suitable for those travelers who never involved for Nepal trekking tour . Annapurna base camp trekking via Thorong la pass with kid will be the perfect choice for family trekking in Nepal Himalayas.
Tally as best Nepal trekking operator for Trekking in Annapurna circuit , declared nothing is the difficulties of Nepal Annapurna Thorong la pass base camp trekking while choose the 21 days Annapurna circuit ABC package trekking gradually ascend from Beshishar
Meals and Accommodation on Annapurna Thorong la pass ABC trek routes
Accommodation on Annapurna circuirt ABC trekking route has normal hotels run by local people of Annapurna region . You will get enough lodging facilities with attached and common bathrooms.
Verities of delicious available meals on whole trek to Annapurna circuit trek trails.. The professional chef will deliverer meals on your request such as Nepalese , Tibetan, Indian, Chinese American, European and continental.
Permits for ABC trekking via Annapurna circuit trek route
Trekking to Annapurna circuit ABC required two different trekking permit – Annapurna conservation area project permit (ACAP Permit) and Trekkers management system ( TIMS permit ) .
TIMS permit and ACAP permit issue at Bhrikutimandap, Kathmandu Nepal. Now a days some of the Annapurna treks route charge the municipality permit too such as Annapurna Mardi Himal trekking route.
Packing list for Annapurna circuit ABC trek package
ABC trekking via Thorong la pass trek equipment is most important belongings to get the high Himalayan pass . without Annapurna circuit trek packing list unable to reach the Thorng la pass trek route so Around Annapurna trek equipment play vital role to reach the destination . Following are packing lists forAnnapurna cirucit package trekking :
- Trekking bag pack
- Waterproof cover for a daypack
- Water bottles or hydration bladder (i.e., CamelBak)
- Sleeping bag rated to -18°C/ 0°F (available for rental if you’re trekking Everest Base Camp through Himalaya Journey Trekking)
- Trekking poles
- Trekking boots
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Lightweight water filter or iodine water tablets (personal preference)
- Hand warmers
- Travel pillow or pillowcase
- Stuff sacks for dirty clothes/shoes
- Sleeping bag liner (optional) Moisture-wicking long-sleeve t-shirts (2)
- Moisture-wicking short-sleeve t-shirt (1)
- Heavy fleece or down jacket
- Gortex or waterproof jacket with hood
- Rain poncho
- Fleece pants
- Trekking pants (2)
- Hiking shorts (2)
- Waterproof pants
- Long underwear (2)
- Underwear (10)
- Light inner gloves/glove liners
- Insulated wool or down mittens/gloves
- Broad-brimmed hat
- Neck gaiter or bandana (for sun protection)
- Wool hat or balaclava (should cover ears)
Annapurna base camp trekking Itineraries
Annapurna circuit ABC trek itinerary designed by travelers choice and holiday schedule . Itinerary for Annapurna trekking choose by your time frame. we have 5 days Annapurna circuit trekking , 14 days Annapurna circuit trek , 19 days Annapurna circuit trekking start from Beshishar .
The best season for Annapurna base camp trek via Thorong La pass trek package
The best time for Annapurna circuit ABC trekking from September to December in autumn season and February to May in spring season however Annapurna Thorong la pass base camp trek doable all season it means winter and monsoon season too.
Winter Annapurna BC trekking doable with icy and crystal clear Himalayan views of whole Annapurna treks routes.
Monsoon season Annapurna circuit ABC trekking is slightly less visibility due to the raining season in Nepal . hence only few travelers take the Annapurna ciruit trek package during this season
Conclusion: Trekking in Annapurna circuit base camp for all season is Himalaya Journey Trekking slogan it means Annapurna circuit ABC tour doable whole year as per travelers holiday schedule.
Thorong La pass Annapurna base camp trekking Cost
Annapurna Thorong La pass trekking cost is determined by the numbers of trekkers as well as private and group join basis trip. Also Annapurna base camp trekking cost via Thorong la pass is depending on choice of service budget and luxuries. Budget Annapurna Thorong La pass trek cost start from USD1850 and Luxury Annapurna circuit base camp trek cost USD 4350 per person. Trekking in Annapurna circuit Jomsom Muktinath route has various type of the hotel accommodation normal lodge trek to five star hotel lodgings such as Jomsom Mountain Resort , Jomsom Oms Home , Royal Mustang hotel so Annapurna circuit trekking cost belongs to the service, accommodation and local Nepal trekking companies
Guide and porter hiring service for Mount Annapurna circuit Ghorepani poon hill trekking is budget options. Trekking guide cost for Annapurna circuit ad base camp trek package USD 30 to 35 per day and Porter hiring service USD 25 to USD28 but their insurance and local company service charge will be extra. Annapurna circuit base camp trek cost for Indian passport holders are cheaper then foreign nationals because of cost quote on Nepalese rupees for Indian citizens.
Why Thorong La pass Annapurna base camp trek package with Himalaya Journey Trekking
- Secured online booking and reservation system
- Tailoring Annapurna base camp trek Itinerary via Thorong la pass route
- 32 Years + Experienced and professional trekking, tour guide, drivers and staff entire the trip
- No hidden cost for the Mt. Annapurna base camp trek package
- Authorized local Nepal trekking company recommended by Lonely planet travel guide book Nepal and Rough guide book
- 24/7 service and last minute Annapurna circuit trekking booking facilities
- All exclusive Annapurna Thorong La pass trek package as requested by customer
- Emphasis on quality service and guest take care for the 99.9% success the Trekking in Annapurna circuit and base camp package
- Private and group join basis Annapurna circuit and base camp trekking package as per traveler’s holiday frame
- Flexibility for extend the trip as per traveler’s requirements
- Providing hygienic meals and best accommodation on the Annapurna Thorong la pass trekking trails as per requested by trekkers.
- Instant Helicopter rescue service as per trekkers’ requirement for Health conscious
- Easy communication via (Email, WhatsApp, Viber , messenger , WeChat, Viber, Skype, Zoom) and phone 977- 9851007829 / 977-014983184
- Advance booking system
Related trip information for Annapurna Thorong la pass trekking
How difficult is Annapurna Thorong la pass trek?
Annapurna Thorong la pass trek is challenging treks in Annapurna region. Good physical is required for the trip. Trekking in Annapurna Thorong la pass is gradually ascend from low level elevation from Beshishar 823m so trekkers continuation doable this trip without any difficulties.
When is the best time to do the Annapurna Thorong la pass with Annapurna base camp trekking ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do trekking in Annapurna Thorong la pass with Annapurna base camp trekking but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus
Trekking permit required for Annapurna Thorong la pass trek ?
Two different trekking permit required for Thorung la pass trekking ( Annapurna conservation area project permit and TIMS permit ) then trekkers may treks to Annapurna trekking trails.
How many hours need to walk each day?
Minimum 5 -6 hours need to walk each day expect the Annapurna Thorong la pass ( 7-8 hours for cross the Thorong la pass) but it is depend on the your speed but HJT team always suggest walk slow but continuation that make sense to reach the Annapurna circuit trekking destination . Annapurna Thorong la pass trek map has also clear vision one to next destination.
Annapurna Thorung la pass base camp trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334m, transfer to hotel, Annapurna circuit Jomsom muktinath ghorepani poon hill and Annapurna base camp trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu
Day 02: Katmandu by bus to Beshishar (823m) .Drive approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 03: Beshishar by local jeep drive to Chame (2713m) Drive approximately 6-7hours.
Day 04: Chame trek to Pisang (3185m) walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 05: Pisang trek to Manang (3440m) walk approximately 4-5 hours.
Day 06: Manang acclimatizing day. During this day you can hike up to Ice Lake or Gangapurna tea shop from where you will see panoramic Himalayan views of the Mt. Manaslu 8163m, Mt. Annapurna II 7937m, Annapurna III 7555m, Annapurna IV 7525m, Gangapurna 7455m, Tilicho peak 7134m,Pisang peak 6091m etc , back to Manang .overnight at Manang.
Day 07: Manang trek to Yak kharka (4210m) walk approximately 4-5 hours.
Day 08: Yak kharka trek to Thorung phedi (4640m)/ Thorung High camp (4800m) walk approximately 4-5 hours.
Day 09: Thorung phedi (4640m)/ Thorung High camp (4800m) via Thorung La(5416m) trek to Muktinath .(3802m) walk approximately 6-7 hours.
Day 10: In the morning Muktinath Temple excursion via kagebeni ( 2786m) trek to Jomsom walk approximately 5 hours
Day 11: Jomsom drive to Tatopani / Natural hot spring (1179m) Drive approximately 5-6 hours. You can enjoy with natural hot spring.
Day 12: After breakfast, Tatopani/Natural hot spring trek to Ghorepani (2855m). walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 13: Early in the morning hike to Poon Hill 3210m for superb Himalayan scenery including the Dhaulagiri 8167m, Nilgiri 7041m, Fishtail/Machhapuchhare 6998m, Annapurna I 8091m, Annapurna II 7939m , Annapurna III 7555m, Annapurna IV 7525m, Annapurna south 7219m, Hiunchuli 6441m, Lamjung Himal 6986m,Tukuche peak 6920m etc , breakfast at ghorepani and continue trek to Tadapani ( 2045m) walk approximately 6-7 hours.
Day 14: After breakfast, Tadapani trek to Chhomorung (2135m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 15: Chhomorung trek to Bambo (2910m) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 16: Bambo trek to MBC (fishtail/ Machhapuchhare base camp) (3788m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 17: Machhapuchhare base camp/Fishtail base camp trek to Annapurna Base camp (4130m) Walk approximately 2-3 hours
Day 18: Annapurna base camp trek to Himalaya hotel/ Bambo (2910m) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 19 : Himalaya hotel / Bambo trek to Chhomorung.( 2135m) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 20: Chhomorung trek to New Bridge / Jhinu danda (1167m), walk approximately 1 hours than private vehicle drive back to Pokhara .overnight at pokhara.
Day 21: After breakfast, by flight back to Kathmandu . Drive approximately 5-6 hours and by flight 35 minutes only. Transfer to hotel .overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 22: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 23: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or as you have time will arrange another package trip accordingly.
Annapurna Thorong La pass trek Cost:
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Beshishar overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / Lodge as mentioned in itinerary
- Pokhara to Naypul overland transportation by private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Annapurna conservation area project permit (ACAP) permit
- Nayapul to pokhara by private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- One night hotel acccomodation in Pokhara on BB basis ( 2 star catagory hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Pokhara to Kathmandu overland transportation by tourist bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with tour guide as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu city tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu / Pokhara stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Annapurna Thorong la pass trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Annapurna Thorong la pass Annapurna base camp camp trekking is one of the longest trekking trail in Annapurna region for beautiful Himalayan views, green jungle, beautiful landscape, world's depest gorge, natural hot spring , kali gandaki river bank , marpha apple garden etc