Island peak climbing
Island peak climbing Nepal 6179m is one of the most popular trekking peak in Everest region. Island peak climbing is known as Imja Tse peak climbing for discover the Everest base camp trekking route, Khumbu Icefall, Khumbu glaciers and Everest trekking path with best mountains vistas of the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m and other 23 snopwy capperd mountains of khumbu region. Nepal Island peak climbing is non technical peak climbing in Nepal Himalaya but good physical fitness is required thus we Himalaya Journey Trekking gradually take to Everest base camp trekking trails and descend to Island peak base camp to successfully summit the Island peak.
Island peak expedition take to you core destination of Khumbu Himalayan zone, Tibetan monasteries, best view point center of Khumbu trekking ( Kala pattar 5545m) through the Tibetan Sherpa settlements. Since Nepal Island peak climbing begin 1952 for climbers, it become more famous trekking peaks then other trekking peaks in Nepal. Autumn & spring seasion is best time for climbing Island peak and minimum three weeks holidays required. Imja Tse peak climbing required peak climbing permit through the local Nepal trekking company as per rule and regulation of Nepal mountaineering association. we have two different options for Nepal Imja Tse peak climbing - Everest base camp trek with island peak climbing and direct Island peak climbing from Lukla.
Imja Tse peak climbing start from Lukla after 35 minutes mountain flight from Kathmandu. After land at Lukla Airport, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s climbing guide led you through Sherpa village , lush valley to Island peak summit. Even trekkers haven’t any mountaineering experience to climb the peak , Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition’s professional climbing sherpa will take care and summit the Island peak easily but good physical fitness is required. HJT Climbing sherpa will give you training in island peak base camp before climbing the island peak that how to fixed the rope, how to blay the rope while ascending and descending . Trekkers /Travelers can climbing the island peak via Gokyo Cho la pass trekking route to Everest base camp if you have long holiday duration. Himalaya Journey Trekking and Expedition professional will arrange the island peak climbing according to trekkers / peak climbers holiday duration and wish.
Island peak climbing Nepal Major Highlights
* Island peak climbing Nepal discover Everest base camp trekking route with best mountains vistas of 4 above 8000m moutains Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m .
* Imja Tse peak climbing follow the Everes trekking trails through Sagarmatha National park
* Nepal Island peak climbing explore the beautiful Sherpa settlements of the Khumbu trekking trails , wild annimals, Flaura and Fauna
* Nepal Island peak is one of the most popular trekking peaks in Everest region exploration of Khumbu Himalayan glaciers and Khumbu Icefall.
Fixed Departure Dates
July 2022: 5th, 7th ,11th, 14th , 17th , 24th ,26th
August 2022: 2nd ,4th,9th, 12th, 15th, 18th, 24th
September 2022: 3rd, 6th, 8th, 11th, 13th, 16th, 21st, 24th, 26th, 28th
October 2022: 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 14th, 18th, 21st, 24th ,26th, 28th
November 2022:2nd,5th ,8th,11th, 14th,17th, 20th, 23rd, 25th, 27th
Island peak climbing Nepal itinerary:
Day 01: Kathmandu(1310m/4298ft). HJT airport representative will be received you at the airport and transfer to hotel. It is 7km and takes about 15 minutes. Our tour leader will brief about Island peak climbing via Everest base camp trekking than officially managements. Overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Lukla by flight and trek to Phakding (2610m/7903ft) - Flight to Lukla 30 minutes and walking 2:30 hours
Fly to Lukla, the trail descends, gradually passing above the large village of Chaunrikharaka (2680m) and on through small villages, fields and forests following a wide well constructed path. After Kusum Drargka, a large stream, the trail crosses the Dudh Kosi river at Phakding. Overnight at guest house.
Day 03: Phakding-Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft) - walking 5:30 hours.
From Phakding the trail follows the western bank of Dudh Kosi passing through forests of Blue Pine until it reaches the village of Benkar(2700m). From here the trail crosses to the eastern bank of the Dudh Kosi, and climbs gently to the village of Chumoa. Between here and the next village of Monjo (2800m) the trail drops steeply to cross Monjo Khola. From Monjo the trail crosses a small rock saddle and then descends abruptly to re-cross the Dudh Kosi at Jorsale (2804m). Beyond Jorsale the trail undulates up until the confluence with Bhote Kosi is reached. From here the Khumbu region begins. Above the bridge the trail zigzags up 300m of the steep spur between the two rivers through sparse forest. From the top of the spur, Mt. Everest can be seen rising above Nuptse-Lhotse wall. The next section of the trail climbs less steeply, traversing above the Bhote Kosi until Namche Bazaar is reached. Namcha Bazaar is a market town, where every Saturday morning traders from lower altitude sell goods to sherpas. Most of the trading is over by mid-day and the traders return to their villages. Overnight at Namche bazaar.
Day 04: Acclimatization day At Namche Bazzar- walking 5 hours.
Known as the ‘Gateway to Mount Everest’ we will spend today here in order to acclimatize and adjust to the thinning air. A short trek to the museum celebrating the traditional customs of the Sherpa people, as well as about flora & Fauna & its land, more importantly, from here you will get the proper glimpse of Everest and the surrounding mountains. And we hike up the Syanbuche airport, and Everest view hotel and sightseeing at the Khumjung village (3800m/12,466ft), which is the biggest settlement of Sherpa. Khumjung is one of the most beautiful villages in Everest area. It’s symmetrically laid out stone dwellings house the families of many of our Sherpas. Overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Phortse village (3890m/12,685 feet)- walking 5 hours. O/N at guest house,
After breakfast, An enjoyable walk to sanasa than trail ascend Mong la from where beautiful Amdamlam , Thamserku , Phortse vaillage can be viewed than trail descend to the Phorte Thanga where you will have lunch. After lunch , trail ascend to the phortse village approximately one hour. Over night at Phortse village.
Day 06: Tengboche trek to Dingboche(4250m/14368ft)- walking 5:30 hours,
Our trek continues to climb as we head to the altitude of 4250m taking our time so not to be affected by the thinning air. Trek continues follow through pangboche village , Somare than Pheriche village. You will get high altitude sickens lecture at 3:00 PM every day in Phriche by Himalayan Rescue Association. Overnight at Pheriche.
Day 07: Pheriche trek to Lobuche(4910m/16108ft). – Walking 5:30 hours
Today our trek climbs to 4910m. Trails ascend continue to Dugla 4645m , lunch at Dugla than climb up to Lobuche. Overnight at Lobuche.
Day 08: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5180m/16906ft). – walking 3:30 hours, Overnight at Gorakshep.
Today trail continue goes to Gorakshep ,mostly way flat and ascend . Lunch at Gorakshep then our guide will take to you to reach your first goal in Everest base camp (5363m/17597ft) and back to Gorak Shep.
Overnight at Gorakshep.
Day 09: Hiking up Kalapathar(5545m/18192ft) and overnight at Dingboche(4410m/14553ft). – walking 6 hours,
After reaching Base camp our aim today is to trek Kalapathar (5545m). We start early to reach the viewpoint that offers some of the best views of Mount Everest as well as other panoramas of the surrounding mountains than lunch at Lobuche and descend to Dingboche 4410m/14553ft). Overnight at Dingboche.
Day 10: Dingboche trek to Chhukung valley (4750m) walking hours 2:30m
After breakfast , our guide will take to you chhukung . Lunch at Chhuking than hike to Chhuking Ri 5500m for superb Himalayan views than back to Chhuking . overnight at Chhukung.
Day 11: Chhuking to Island peak base camp( 5050m/15291ft) Walking 6 hours, O/N at Tented camp
After breakfast , our guide will take to island peak base camp.Today mostly way ascend to island peak base camp. Our climbing sherpa will make short training that how to fixed the rope, how to blay the rope while ascend to island peak and descend from island peak. Overnight at island peak base camp.
Day 12: Early in the morning our climbing guide will take you island peak high camp for summit the island peak .After summit the island peak , descend to island peak base camp .overnight at island peak base camp.
Day 13: This is extra day if incase of bad weather , our climbing guide will take to you again for summit the island peak and descend at island peak base camp , trek to Chhukung. Overnight at chhhuking.
Day 14: Chhukung trek to Tyangboche.( 3890m/11956ft).
Today normally trekking trail goes flat and descend until pangboche , lunch at pangbohe then after crossing the Imja Khola trail ascend to Tyangboche. Tyangboche is panoramic view point of Mount Everest ,Lhotse, Nupte , Amadablam, Thamserku, Kongde etc. In the evening , you can join the meditation in Tyangboche monastery. Tyangboche monastery is one of the biggest monastery in Khumbu region. Overnight at Tyangboche.
Day 15: Tyangboche trek to Namche (3440m/11286ft). Walking 5:30 hours, Over night at Namche bazaar.
Trekking trail descend until Phunki thanga than cross the Imja river and ascend to Laisasa .Lunch at Laisasa than trail ascend up to Sanasa than flat way to Namche bazaar. Overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 16: Namche trek to to Lukla(2840m/9317ft). Walking to 6:30 Over night at Lukla
Day 17: Lukla by flight back to kathmandu, transfer to hotel, shopping /relaxing with own activites. Overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
Day 18: After breakfast , our tour guide will take to you sightseeing such as :Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddess Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc. transfer to hotel and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant . Overnight at Kathmandu .
Day 19: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Jungle safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc. .
Island peak climbing Cost: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking & Imja tse peak climbing guide
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 326)
- Trekking / climbing guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter according to workers Union of Nepal)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / lodge & 3 days in tented camp during Island peak expedition
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Island peak climbing permit
- Island peak climbing guide salary
- Island peak garbage deposit
- Island peak climbing equipments such as Rope( both main and fixed rope) Snow bar, Snow ice screw etc.
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS permit)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- khumbu pasang lamu rural municipality entry permit
- Kathahmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathahmandu valley sightseeing tour with private car as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking / climbing guide Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Kathmandu Internatinal Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Island peak climbing one of most popular trekking peaks in Nepal lies on Everest Himalaya zone. From the Island peak summit able to view beautiful views of Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt.Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m and other 19 snowy capped mountains