Gokyo cho la pass trekking
Gokyo Cho la pass trekking Nepal is one of the popular and challenging trekking in Everest region. Gokyo Ri Cho la pass Everest Base Camp trekking is know as Everest Base camp trekking. Gokyo valley Cho La pass Everest base camp trekking offer panoramic Himalayan scenery including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Changaste 7550m, Mt.Lingterin 6679m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m, Mt. Gyanchung Kang 6937m, Mt. Khumbila 5761m(God of the Khumbu),Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m , Island peak 6179m, Lobuche peak 6145m,Pokalde peak 5806m, Honku south peak 6119m, etc and relaxing with Tibetan sherpa culture + wild animals such as Mountain Thar, Leopards, Jackal and birds such as pheasant, longtail birds etc. Gokyo Ri 5350 , Cho la pass 5420m , kala pattar 5545m and Everest base camp 5500m is the main view point of the Gokyo Cho la pass Everest base camp trek . Gokyo Cho La Pass and Everest a trek demanding previous experience and walking over the pass on snow, takes you into the heart of the mountains and the culture of the Everest region to the foot of the great peak itself. This best-of-both worlds trek combines the two routes to Gokyo lake and Base Camp by crossing Ngozumpa Glacier and Cho La pass.
Gokyo Cho la pass Everest base camp trekking start from Lukla after a magnificent flight from kathmandu , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s trekking guide led you through Sherpa village , lush valley via Namche Bazaar Gokyo cho la pass Lobuche Gorakshep Everest base camp and eventually at Kala pattar. Through small yak-grazing settlements we reach the Gokyo lakes where we climb Gokyo Peak (5350m) and enjoy stunning summit mountain scenery including Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Kangchung 6063m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m, Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m and trail continues to Thangnak for Cho la pass. After the Cho La pass, we reach Dzongla than trail ascend continue towards Gorak Shep and climb to Kala Pattar (5545m) from where we enjoy an impressive up-close view of Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Pumori 7161m,Mt. Changaste 7550m, Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m) than trail continue descend to Dingboche, Tyangboche and finally in Lukla ..
Fixed Departure Dates
November 2019: 5th, 8th ,11th, 15th , 24th , 26th ,28th
December 2019: 2nd ,4th,7th, 12th, 16th, 24th, 27th
January 2020: 2nd, 6th, 8th, 10th, 13th, 18th, 22nd , 24th, 26th, 30th
February 2020: 5th, 8th, 10th, 13th, 15th, 17th,20th,22nd ,25th, 29th
March 2020: 2nd,5th ,7th,11th, 15th,17th,20th, 23rd, 28th
April 2020: 3rd 5th ,8th,10th, 12th, 14th,16th,20th, 25th, 28th
Gokyo cho la pass trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and Gokyo Cho La pass Everest base camp trekking briefing with officially arrangement. Overnight at Kathmandu .
Day 02: After breakfast,kathmandu by Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding (26430m)
Day 03: Phakding trek to Namche Bazar (3440m
Day 04: Namche Bazaar Rest or acclimatization day. During this day you can hike to Thame Monastery or Everest view hotel for superb Himalayan views including Everest,Lhotse,Nuptse,Amadablam, Thamserku, Kantega, Kusum khangaru,Khumbila,Tawache peak,Cholaste, Kongde etc.overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Namche Bazzar trek to Khumjung village (3810m)
Day 06: Khumjung village trek to Dole(4000m)
Day 07: Dole trek to Machhermo (4410m)
Day 08: Machhermo trek to Gokyo (4750m)
Day 09: Wake up early in the morning , Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition , trekking guide will take to you Gokyo Ri 5350m for panoramic Himalayan views such as Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Kangchung 6063m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m, Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m, back to Gokyo,lunch at Gokyo lake and continue to Thangnak(4620m)
Day 10: Thangnak via Cho la pass (5420m) to Dzngola (4810m)
Day 11: Dznong La trek to Lobuche (4910m)
Day 12: Lobuche to Gorkashep (5180m).Gorakshep to continue trek to Everest base camp and overnight at Gorakshep.
Day 13: Early in the morning Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition , trekking guide will take to you kalappattar 5545m for superb Himalayan scenery including Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Pumori 7161m,Mt. Changaste 7550m, Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m), back to Gorakshep continue trek to Lobuche.
Day 14: Lobuche trek to Dingboche(4335m)
Day 15: Dingboche trek to Tyangboche (3890m)
Day 16: Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazzar (3480m)
Day 17: Namche Bazzar trek to Luka.
Day 18: Lukla by flight back to kathmandu.
Day 19: After breakfast , our tour guide will take to you sightseeing such as :Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc. transfer to hotel and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant . Overnight at Kathmandu .
Day 20: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Trip Cost: USD $1685 Per person
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $380)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Kathmandu Domestic airport pick up as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Gokyo cho la pass Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Gokyo cho la pass Everest base camp trekking is challening trekking tour in Nepal Everest region thus physical fitness is required for this trekking as well as required minimum three weeks holidays.