Bokta peak climbing
Bokta peak climbing is popular trekking peak in Kanchenjunga region. Bokta peak expedition 6143m offer beautiful Himalayan views of Mt. Kanchenjunga 8685m, Jhanu Himal, Nepal peak with nomad lands of relevant areas. Bokta peak expedition is (NMA)Nepal mountaineering Association’s “A” category trekking peak and only few mountaineers climbing this peak. Bokta peak climbing is challenging and more adventure trekking peak in Nepal , good physical fitness required to summit this peak. Bokta peak climbing offers unique Himalayan views of eastern part of Nepal including Mt. Kanchenjunga 8586m (third highest mountain in the world), Jahnu Himal/ Kumbhakarana 7710m Dhormo peak 6850m , Nupchu 6690m etc , lush valleys , beautiful landscape , wild animals and Tibetan culture and their warm hospitality.
Bokta peak expedition commence from Suketar after an hour flight from Kathmandu or from Basantapur after two days drive from Kathmandu valley. Himalaya Journey Trekking & Expedition's guide led you the Kanchenjunga conservation area till Pangpema base camp (5150m) then trek return same trail until Gunsa and trail continue ascend via Sele le pass to Tseram. Trek continue heading to Oktanag base camp. One day after continue heading the Bokta peak base camp where our guide will make short trainning to how to summit the Bokta peak. we have experienced climbing guide who lead frequently this peak every year. Normally four weeks holidays required for climbing the bokta peak but we Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition arrange the bokta peak climbing route according to clients/mountaineers wish and holiday schedule.
Bokta peak climbing itinerary 2022/2023:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, our airport representative will transfer to hotel , Kanchenjunga trekking & Bokta peak climbing briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and prepare for the Kanchenjunga trekking because this day is required to make Kanchenjunga trekking permit with original passport. Overnight at kathmandu.
Day 03: After breakfast , Fly Kathmandu to Suketar 1824m
Day 04: Trek Suketar to Chirwa 1190m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 05: Trek Chirwa to Sakathum 1640m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Trek Sakathum to Amjilosa 2490m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Trek Amjilosa to Gyabla 2730m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 08: Trek Gyabla to Ghunsa 3430m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 09: Acclimatization day at Ghunsa
Day 10: Ghunsa to Lhonak 4790m walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 11: Lhonak to Pang Pema 5140m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 12: Pang Pema to Khambachen walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 13: Khambachen to Ghunsa walk approximately 3-4 hours
Day 14: Gunsa trek to Sinion/ selele Phedi 3546m Overnight at Tented Camp
Day 15: Sinion /selele phedi via Selele pass 4854m trek to Tseram 3870m Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 16: Tseram trek to Ramche 4620m, walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 17: Ramche trek to Yalung glacier 4886m, walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 18: Yalung glacier trek to Bokta peak base camp 5123m . walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 19: Bokta peak base camp to Bokta peak high camp and for preparation Bokta peak climbing. During this day Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's climbing guide will teach you how to fixed the rope, how to blay the rope, how ascend and descend, short training. O/N tented Camp.
Day 20: Early in the morning , our climbing guide will take you for summit the Bokta peak 6143m, and return to the Bokta peak base camp. Overnight at Bokta peak base camp
Day 21: Spare day for climbing in case of bad weather. During this day , if incase of difficult for summit the peak cause of the weather then our guide will take to you for re - summit the Bokta peak and back to Ramche . overnight at tented Camp. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 22: Ramche trek to Torontan 3256m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 23: Toronton to Yamphudin 2340m, walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 24: Yamphudin trek to Mamanke 1810m walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 25: Mamanke trek to Keswa 1935m . walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 26: Keswa trek to Tambawa 2143m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 27: Tambawa trek to Suketar 1824m, walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 28: Fly from Suketar to Kathmandu. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 29: After breakfast, relaxing/ shopping or excursion around Kathmandu valley with own activities then in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 30: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you time and interested for another package trip , we will arrange accordingly such as Mt. Everest mountain flight tour, , sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley, River rafting etc.
Bokta peak climbing Cost:
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Suketar Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to suketar /suketar to Kathmandu both way flight ticket as mentinoed in itinerary
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / Lodge during the trekking & 4 days camping during the bokta peak climbing
- Full board meal (veg. / non veg.) prepared by our expert cook who will prepare food entire the bokta peak ( Nepalese, Chinese , Indian, American , Tibetan dishes)
- Required Trekking porters who will carry food and necessary trekking equipments during the peak climbing .
Kitchen equipments , trekking equipments and tents (two men tent, Dining tent, kitchen tents, tents etc),mattress.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Kanchenjunga trekking permit
- Kanchenjunga Conservatin Area project permit (KCAP permit)
- Bokta peak climbing permit
- Bokta peak clmbing garbage deposti
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Kathmandu city tour with guided trip as mentioned in itineary
- Kathmandu city tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Bokta peak climbing Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Bokta peak climbing is popular trekking peak in Kanchenjunga region. Bokta peak 6143m is one of the popular trekking peak in Kanchenjunga Himalaya region . Bokta peak expedition is (NMA)Nepal mountaineering Association’s