Rolwaling trekking is non tourist and unspoiled trekking trail in eastern part of the Nepal closed to the Everest trekking. Rolwaling trek provides an experience the remoteness of this region, romantic mountain views, diverse flora and fauna and rich local cultures. Trekking in Rolwaling is one of Nepal's finest high mountain valleys West of the Khumhu, directly on the Tibetan frontier there is a wild, lonely high valley the "Rolwaling" which is called simply "the grave" by the indigenous Sherpa's on account of its location - buried down between steep ice-giants. A golden chance for trekkers who do not want to encounter a mass influx of tourists but equally enjoy mother nature and splendid views of Himalayas & exploring beautiful waterfalls, Tso Rolpa Lake, monasteries and landscapes. Rolwaing trekking leads through on of the remote and beautiful parts of Nepal past picturesque sherpa, Tamang and Chhetri village with their typical terraced fields, through dense, gloomy primeval forest and over broad bridge with wonderful views.
Rolwalling trekking region lies in west of Everest and near the Tibtian border, offers fascinating experience which start from Barabise, passes Tinsang la pass and descends Bigu Gomba which houses Buddhist nuns. The trail descends Bhotekosi River and turns into the Rollwaling valley, one of the most remote, mysterious, and fascinating places in the Rolwaling trekking . The land is full of the tales of the yeti, the mysterious snow man in the world and it is the place where some mountaineers arranged expedition to hunt yetis in the past. Beding is the last permanent settlement & Na Gaun which is only the summer settlement, is the highest altitude reached in the trek. From the village of Na (4,183m) the trail ascends through grass-covered valley to Tso Rolpa then traversing the moraine on the north side of the valley onto the snout of the Tram Bau Glacier, which feeds the Rolwaling river. The route up Pachhermo peak 6,273m is highly crevasseous. In Sherpa Language Biku means "Seed". There is Sherpa village. View of Gaurishankar (7,145m), Melungtse (7,181m), other mountains, a good landscapes; the village of Beding (3,690m) and monastery, the village of Na (4,183m); Tso Rolpa lake are the main attractions of Rolwaling trekking tour. After assault, the trail drops to Thame, from where the route along Bhote Kosi river leads to Namche Bazaar and onto Lukla for flight to Kathmandu but if you have time you can make Everest base camp trekking as well.
Rolwaling trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Rolwaling trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu valley Sightseeing and prepare for the Rolwaling Trekking.
Day 03: Kathmandu / Barabise (by bus) .
Day 04: Barabise to Kabre (1605 m.)
Day 05: Kabre to Dolangsa(1804m)
Day 06: Dolangsa to Bigu Gompa (2310 m.)
Day 07: Bigu Gompa to Chilangka (1923 m.)
Day 08: Chilangka to Dulong (1890 m.)
Day 09: Dulong to Shalu (1500 m.)
Day 10: Shalu to Simi gaon (2000 m.)
Day 11: Simi gaun to Forest camp (2800 m.)
Day 12: Forest camp to Beding (3694 m.)
Day 13: Beding to Na (4100 m.)
Day 14: Na to Forest camp
Day 15: Forest camp to Chet chet (1500 m.)
Day 16: Chet chet to Chetre (1000 m.)
Day 17: Chetre to Dolakha (950 m.)
Day 18: Dolakha to Charikot (2000 m.)
Day 19: Charikot to Kathmandu by bus.
Day 20: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath temple: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel
Day 21: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities than Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition airport representative will drop to you Kathmandu international airport for onward destination or if you have time to stay in Nepal trip
TRIP COST: e-mail us:-email@example.com
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide
- Kathmandu Barabishe overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Required trekking porter/sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking ( two person will get one trekking porter ( 1 porter carry 30 kg as per rule and regulation of Nepal workers Union
- One experienced trekking cook entire the trip
- one trekking kitchen boy entire the trip
- Trekking accommodation in tented / camp entire the trekking as mentioned in itinerary
- Full board meal (veg. / non veg.) prepared by our expert cook who will prepare food entire the trekking ( Nepalese, Chinese , Indian, American , Tibetan dishes) during the camping trekking
- Required staff such as kitchen boy, dish washer entire the trip
- Kitchen equipments , trekking equipments and tents (two men tent, kitchen tents, etc),mattress during the tented accommodation as mentioned in itinerary
- Three time meal Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast during the trekking.
- Desert/fruit after having dinner as company provided
- Rolwaling trekking permit
- Gaurishanker conservation area project permit (GCAP permit)
- Trekkers Information Managements system ( TIMS Card).
- Charikot to Kathmandu overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Rolwaling trekking is non tourist and unspoiled trekking trail in eastern part of the Nepal closed to the Everest trekking. Rolwaling trek provides an experience the remoteness of this region, romantic mountain views, diverse flora and fauna and rich local cultures.