Jiri Everest base camp trekking
Jiri Everest base camp trekking is a classic trek in the Nepal Everest region. Jiri Everest base camp trek is the traditional way to explore the Everest base camp trekking route, Tenzing Norgay Sherpa & Sir Edmund Hilary has been used these trails to summit Mt. Everest / Top of the world in 1953. Jiri to Everest base camp trekking offers superb Himalayan views of Mount. Everest 8848m, Mount Lhotse 8516m, Mount Makalu 8463m, Mount Cho Oyu 8201m & other 23 snowy capped mountains, beautiful landscape, Tibetan monasteries & Sherpa culture.
Jiri Everest base camp trek explored the beautiful landscape of the whole Solu Khumbu region. Mt. Everest base camp 5463m & Kala Pattar 5545m main attraction of Jiri Everest base camp treks. Autumn & Spring season is the best time trekking in Jiri Everest base camp but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per travelers/trekkers wish and holiday frame.
Jiri Everest base camp trek covers the whole Solu and Khumbu region attraction followed with the terraced green farm, beautiful rhododendron, and pine forest, numerous ethnic settlements. Hiking through Gauri Shanker national park and Sagarmatha National park on the same trip. Minimum three weeks holiday required for Jiri Everest base camp trek as well as good physical fitness is important to reach the destination. Jiri EBC trekking is count as Moderate to Strenuous trekking trails of Solu Khumbu trekking trails.
Jiri to Everest base camp trekking begins at Jiri after a 6-7 hours drive from Kathmandu. Himalaya Journey Trekking guide led you through the beautiful valley of Deurali Seti Junbesi Nunthala puiyan phakding Namche Pheriche Lobuche Gorakshep and finally reach the Mount Everest base camp. The next morning HJT trekking guide takes to Kala Pattar for sun-rise Himalayan views of the Everest region including the top of the world. The trail continues to descend to Lukla then by flight back to Kathmandu but trekkers can extend the journey to Jiri and by bus drive back to Kathmandu.
Jiri to EBC trekking takes you into the heart of the mountain valley in the Solo Khumbu region and the spectacular Himalayan views which you can’t see when you start your Lukla Everest base camp trekking directly from Kathmandu by flight to Lukla. Jiri Everest base camp trek can do via Gokyo valley Cho la pass Everest base camp. Jiri Everest base camp trekking is the longest trekking trail in the Everest region.
Major highlights of Jiri Everest base camp trekking
* Jiri to Everest base camp trekking is classic trekking route in Everest region , followed by Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Edmund Hillary while attempt Mt. Everest expedition in 1953.
* Jiri Everest base camp trek cover whole solu and khumbu region attraction followed with terraced green farm, beautiful rhododendron and pine forest, numerous ethnic settlements
* Discover the traditional Sherpa villages with their culture, traditions & warm hospitality
* Hiking through Gaurishankar national park and Sagarmatha National park in same trip
* Explore the Khumbu Glaciers , Khumbu Icefall and world highest located Tengboche monastery surrounding by high Himalayan zone.
* Explore 4 above 8000m mountains and 23 snowy capped mountains with in three weeks trekking holidays in Nepal
Related trip information for Jiri to Everest base camp trekking
How difficult is Jiri Everest base camp trek?
Jiri EBC trekking is moderate challenging treks in Everest region. Good Physical is required for the trip. Jiri Everest base camp trek gradually ascend from low level elevation from Jiri 1905m so trekkers continuation doable this trip without any difficulties.
When is the best time to do the Jiri to Everest base camp trek ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do Gokyo trek but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus even though Jiri Everest base camp trek doable with our professional team
We Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange / handle all type of ground transportation such as Car, Van, Hiace, Mini Bus, Coaster, deluxe bus, shuttle Bus, Land cruiser upon your arrival to final departure as well as all domestic flight tickets included charter flights, mountain flight & Helicopter flight as per guest requirements. Mostly prior us private transportation for the safety and comfortable.
Meal is most important and essential for hiking / trekking holidays in Nepal. During your holidays trip either tour or trekking, you will get all type of the meals such as Nepalese, Indian, Chinese, American, Italian, continental. Travelers will get meals in Restaurant or tea house during the trekking in Nepal Himalaya as per order and hygienic meals created power to reach your ultimate destination. You may consult about meals with HJT trekking guide for your adventure trip!
we have 48 trekking destination in Nepal among them 46 trekking destination has good facilities for tea house accommodation, only two trekking destination Makalu and Dolpo trekking trails has still partly need to sleep in tent / tented camp. we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange good quality accommodation as possible with attached toilet and bath room in available trekking destination. Most of the trekking trails has single, double , triple and dormitory rooms available and HJT trek guide will arrange as per requirements.
Drinking water is most essential elements for the trekking in Nepal Himalayas. Trekkers will get drinking water every tea house, shops or lodge entire the trekking tour. We Himalaya Journey Trekking look always look after our valued client’s health so highly recommended to have mineral water or boiled water during the trekking or tour in Nepal.
Trekking Guide & Porters
For trekker’s safety and comfortable trekking in Nepal Himalaya, our guide will play vital role to reach your trekking destination as well as safety trekking in all the trekking trails of Nepal. Guide is key or master and responsible person for the trekking who always look after your trip , health and take to your destination. Every tiny things will explain about history, culture, tradition , place and Himalayas. Porters will carry your bag pack entire the trekking tour for your most comfortable journeys in Himalaya!
All the trekking equipments required as mentioned in our trekking gear list to reach your destination without any problem so please kindly requested to all trekkers to bring essential trekking gears for your adventure trekking in Nepal Himalaya. Without your trekking equipment can’t imagine your trekking holidays in Nepal
Travel insurance is most required for trekking in Nepal Himalayas. Most of the trekking trails in Nepal surrounding by high Himalaya, rocky trekking trails as well as cliffs and sometime trekkers may suffer by high altitude sickness or Acute mountain sickness at the same time we have to take you by Helicopter rescue thus required your travel insurance for trekking in Nepal Himalayas. Beside that point trekkers may sick or accident in Himalaya thus required to do your travel insurance before heading to trekking in Nepal Himalaya.
Money required for all travelers or trekkers to have meal or buy any souvenir from Nepal. In Nepal : Hotel, Restaurant, guest hose or trekking trails accept US Dollars, Euro, Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars or any currency but we HJT suggested all trekkers / travelers may change your currency to Nepalese
Jiri Everest base camp trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu (1334m), transfer Hotel, Jiri Everest base camp trekking briefing with officially arrangements.overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, Katmandu by bus to Jiri 6-7 hours (1905m)
Day 03: Jiri trek to Deurali (2250m). walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04: Deurali trek to Sete (2575m).walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 05: Sete trek to Junbesi (2675m).walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Junbesi trek to Nunthala (2450m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Nunthala trek to Puyan (2830m).walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 08: Puyan trek to Phakding (2830m).walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 09: Phakding trek to Namche Bazaar (3480m).walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 10: Namche Bazaar Rest or acclimatization day. During this day you can hike to Thame Monastery or Everest view hotel for superb Himalayan views including Everest,Lhotse,Nuptse,Amadablam, Thamserku, Kantega, Kusum khangaru,Khumbila,Tawache peak,Cholaste, Kongde etc.overnight at Namche Bazaar
Day 11: Namche Bazaar trek to Tyangboche (3890m)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 12: Tyangboche trek to Pheriche (4250m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 13: Pheriche to Lobuche (4910m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 14: Lobuche to Gorakshep (5180m)walk approximately 2-3 hours ,after lunch continue to Everest base camp (563m)walk approximately 5-6 hours and overnight at Gorakshep.
Day 15: Early in the morning, Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition's trekking guide will take to you kala pattar 5545m for superb Himalayan scenery including Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Pumori 7161m,Mt. Changaste 7550m, Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m), back to Gorakshep, breakfast at Gorakshep, continue trek to Dingboche 4350m. overnight at Dingboche.walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 16: Dingboche trek to Phortse village (3890m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 17: Phortse village trek to Namche Bazaarwalk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 18: Namche Bazaar trek to Luklawalk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 19: Lukla by flight back to Kathmandu.Flight approximately 35 minutes , transfer to hotel. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 20: After breakfast, HJT tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Bhaktapur: you will enjoy with different spectacular Himalayan scenery , old architecture, 55 windows, Pottry farm, king curd and old style primitive houses. etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel..
Day 21: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you time and interested for another package trip , we will arrange accordingly such as Mt. Everest mountain flight tour, , sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley, River rafting etc.
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Kathmandu Jiri overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary but if trekkers wish to travel private vehicle car / Toyota Hiace /Jeep also possible
- Trekking accomodation in Tea House / Lodge as emtioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking. ( two person get one trekking porters who will carry maximum 25-30 kg as per rule and regulation of Nepal workers Union )
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Gaurishanker national park permit
- Lukla to Kathmandu one way flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary ( Lukla Kathmandu flight ticket cost USD178 per person according to present flight fare)
- Lukla Kathmandu Trekking guide one way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Domestic airport pick up and transfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Jiri Everest base camp Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Jiri Everest base camp trekking is clasic treks in the Nepal Himalaya for most beautiful Himalayan views & Tibetan sherpa culture.