Gokyo trekking is one of the most exciting treks in Everest region. Nepal Gokyo trek is known as a Gokyo valley trekking to explore the beautiful Gokyo lake, Everest base camp hiking route, 4 above 8000 m mountains & 24 trekking peaks in Everest region. Nepal Gokyo Ri trekking is a moderate strenuous trekking in Everest and required minimum two weeks holidays. Trekking in Gokyo valley is not only popular for stunning Himalayan views except that travelersmay enjoy with Tibetan Sherpa culture, lush valleys, beautiful landscapes, ancient Tibetan monasteries, wild animals, and the warm hostility of Sherpa people. Since the Everest trekking trail has been open Gokyo treks is become more popular for trekkers as this has beutiful valley, lake and great Himalayan views. Gokyo valley hiking trip fit for all age group trekkers and doable around the year.
Gokyo valley trek package is thrilling adventure trekking in Everest and provide an amazing lifetime experience hike through the Ngozumpa Glacier & an eye-catching sunrise and sunset view of Mt. Everest from Gokyo Ri 5360 m. Gokyo valley trek is such as of the beaten path treks in Everest region that lead you most thrilling adventure trekking comparable Everest base camp trekking route. Giant Mt. Everest is visible in a sloppy position even though the rest of the places seen it as a pyramid. The fifth lake is another attraction of Gokyo valley hiking . Nepal Gokyo trek cost is depend on group size but HJT Team arrange even individuel package trip . Gokyo lake trekking map make more clear details for the trekkers. Gokyo trek difficulty level is moderate but good physical fitness is essential.
Gokyo valley hiking start from Lukla after a 35-minute mountain flight from Kathmandu. Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition’s trekking guide will lead you until your adventure trekking up to Gokyo Ri. You will follow through mountain Sherpa valley Lukla, phakding, Namche bazaar, Dole, Machharemo, Gokyo lake and finally reach the Gokyo ri and fifth lake. You may feel breathtaking Gokyo Ri and Gokyo fifth lake and Glaciers. The next day HJT trekking guide will take to you Gokyo peak 5350m highest destination of Gokyo lake treks. Gokyo Lake trek distance is 98 km/ 61 miles from Lukla & Everest trekkkng map well described about relevant areas. Suggested all travelers trek through government registered local Nepal trekking agents recomended by Lonely planet Nepal travel guide book for the secured journeys in Himalaya.
Gokyo trekking destination Major highlights
* Incredible Himalayan panorama 4 above 8000m mountains-Mt Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt Makalu 8463m, Mt Cho Oyu 8201m
*Amazing sunrise & Sunset view of Mt. Everest from Gokyo Ri (5360m)
* Impressive Gokyo Lake and explore the Gokyo valley with sacred Five Lakes
* Trekking through Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in Nepal Himalaya
* Discover the high Himalayan zone with panoramic Himalayan views of Khumbu region
Related trip information about Gokyo valley trekking
How difficult is Gokyo valley trekking?
This is moderate challenging trek in Everest region. Good Physical is required for the trip. Gokyo Ri trekking gradually ascend from middle level elevation from Lukla 2830m so trekkers continuation doable this trip without any difficulties.
When is the best time to do the Trekking in Gokyo ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do Gokyo trek but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus even though gokyo valley trek doable with our professional team.
What about accommodations and meals during the trek in Gokyo valley?
Now a days good facilities for accommodations ( tea house / lodge) facilities entire the trip as well as all type of meals ( Nepalese, Indian, Tibetan, Chinese, American, European) choose able from menu. Almost Annapurna trekking trails has common toilet / bath room but in major cities has attached bath rooms too.
Do you need trekking permit for this trip?
Yes, you need three different trekking permit for this trip – Sasgarmatha National park permit, Trekkers information management system (TIMS) permit & Khumbu Pasang Lamu rural municipality entry permit which you may obtain local Nepal trekking agency.
Do you need trekking guide for Everest Gokyo trek?
This is moderate strenuous treks in Everest region and Highly recommended at least use professional Nepal trekking guide that make your adventure trek to Gokyo valley more enjoyable, safety and memorable because of guide will lead your adventure journey without any difficult even heavy snowfall during the trek, know in details about local culture, Himalaya details , trekking path as well as take care of you. Who will take care / responsible if you are missing on the way so for your secure trip in Nepal Himalaya , guide is essential.
How to find the best and reliable Nepal trekking companies for Gokyo Lake hiking ?
It is hard to find the best and reliable Nepal trekking companies for Everest Gokyo lake trekking tour if you just surfing via google or internet so trekkers should know Nepal trekking company legal documents, service, reputation, either recommended in international travel guide book such as Lonely planet travel guide book, Rough guide book etc sometime free lance trekking guide, operator or illegal Nepal trekking agency also show up their website and sale the trekking it means beware from illegal operation that make your holiday hazards.
Gokyo trekking itinerary:
Day 01. Arrival in Kathamndu 1334m, transfer to hotel , Gokyo trek package briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, kathmandu by Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding (2630m) Walk approximately 2-3 hours
Day 03. Phakding trek to Namche Bazar (3440m ) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04. Namche Bazaar Rest or acclimatization day. During this day you can hike to Thame Monastery or Everest view hotel for superb Himalayan views including Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kantega, Kusum khangaru,Khumbila,Tawache peak,Cholaste, Kongde etc.overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05 Namche Bazzar trek to Dole(4000m) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06 Dole trek to Machhermo (4410m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 07 Machhermo trek to Gokyo (4750m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 08 After breakfast, HJT guide will take to Gokyo fifth lake / Cho Oyu base camp then return to Gokyo lake. Walk approximately 5-6 hours Overnight at Gokyo lake.
Day 09 Wake up early in the morning to hike to Gokyo Ri 5350m for panoramic Himalayan views such as Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Kangchung 6063m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m, Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m, back to Gokyo,lunch at Gokyo lake and continue to Na (4420m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 10 Na trek to Phortse village ( 3867m)Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 11 Tengboche trek to Tyangboche (3890m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 12 Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazzar (3480m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 13 Namche Bazzar trek to Lukla. Walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 14 After breakfast Lukla by flight back to Kathmandu , transfer to hotel and overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 15 After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 16 After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you time and interested for another package trip , we will arrange accordingly such as Mt. Everest mountain flight tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour, sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley, River rafting etc.
Gokyo trekking cost:
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 380)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking. ( two person get one trekking porters who will carry maximum 25-30 kg as per rule and regulation of Nepal workers Union )
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Khumbu pasang Lamu rural municipality entry fee
- Kathmandu domestic airport pick up & transfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley city tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Gokyo Trek package Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Gokyo trekking is one of the most exciting treks in Everest region. Nepal Gokyo trek is known as a Gokyo valley trekking to explore the beautiful Gokyo lake, Everest base camp hiking route, 4 above 8000 m mountains & 24 trekking peaks in Everest region. Nepal Gokyo trekking is a moderate strenuous trekking in Everest and required minimum two weeks holidays. Trekking in Gokyo valley is not only popular for stunning Himalayan views except that travelersmay enjoy with Tibetan Sherpa culture, lush valleys, beautiful landscapes, ancient Tibetan monasteries, wild animals, and the warm hostility of Sherpa people. Since the Everest trekking trail has been open Gokyo treks is become more popular for trekkers as this has beutiful valley, lake and great Himalayan views. Gokyo lake trekking fit for all age group trekkers and doable around the year.