Gokyo trekking is popular trekking destination in Everest trekking trails . Gokyo trek is known as Gokyo valley trekking includes Gokyo Ri ( Gokyo peak), Gokyo lake offer stunning Himalayan views of four above 8000 meters mountain at once such as Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m including other 27 mountain peaks in Everest region .Gokyo trekking is moderate strenuous trekking trail and at least two weeks required for gokyo ri trekking. Trekking in Gokyo valley is not only popular for stunning Himalayan views except that you will explore Tibetan Sherpa culture, lush valleys, beautiful landscapes , ancient Tibetan monasteries , wild animals and warm hostility of Sherpa people. Since Everest trekking trail has been open Gokyo trekking is become more popular for trekkers who have less then two weeks holidays in Nepal.
Gokyo valley trekking start from Lukla after 35 minute mountain flight from Kathmandu. Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition’s trekking guide will led you until your adventure trekking up to Gokyo Ri . You will follow through mountain Sherpa valley Lukla, phakding, Namche bazaar, Dole , Machharemo, Gokyo lake and finally reach the Gokyo ri and fifth lake. You may feel breathtaking Gokyo Ri and Gokyo fifth lake and Glaciers. Next day HJT trekking guide will take to you Gokyo peak 5350m highest destination of Gokyo lake trekking Since Everest trekking trail has been open Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s arrange numerous trekking groups in relevant areas with life time adventure trekking Nepal Himalaya! Gokyo lake trekking offer beautiful sloppy Mt. Everest & Mt. Makalu panorama from top of the Gokyo Ri / Gokyo peak so we can say Everest balcony trekking with amazing lifetime adventure trip.
Gokyo trekking itinerary:
Day 01. Arrival in Kathamndu 1334m, transfer to hotel , Gokyo trekking briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, kathmandu by Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding (2630m) Walk approximately 2-3 hours
Day 03. Phakding trek to Namche Bazar (3440m ) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04. Namche Bazaar Rest or acclimatization day. During this day you can hike to Thame Monastery or Everest view hotel for superb Himalayan views including Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kantega, Kusum khangaru,Khumbila,Tawache peak,Cholaste, Kongde etc.overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05 Namche Bazzar trek to Dole(4000m) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06 Dole trek to Machhermo (4410m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 07 Machhermo trek to Gokyo (4750m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 08 After breakfast, HJT guide will take to Gokyo fifth lake / Cho Oyu base camp then return to Gokyo lake. Walk approximately 5-6 hours Overnight at Gokyo lake.
Day 09 Wake up early in the morning to hike to Gokyo Ri 5350m for panoramic Himalayan views such as Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Kangchung 6063m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m, Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m, back to Gokyo,lunch at Gokyo lake and continue to Na (4420m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 10 Na trek to Phortse village ( 3867m)Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 11 Phortse trek to Pangboche (4135m) walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 12 Pangboche trek to Tyangboche (3890m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 13 Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazzar (3480m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 14 Namche Bazzar trek to Lukla. Walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 15 After breakfast Lukla by flight back to Kathmandu , transfer to hotel and overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 16 After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 17 After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you time and interested for another package trip , we will arrange accordingly such as Mt. Everest mountain flight tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour, sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley, River rafting etc.
Trip Cost: e-mail us:email@example.com
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 380)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter as per workers union of Nepal)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Khumbu pasang Lamu rural municipality entry fee
- Kathmandu domestic airport pick up & transfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley city tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Gokyo Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Gokyo trekking is known as Gokyo valley trekking offer beautiful Himalayan views of 4 above 8000m mountains , beautifuly gokyo lake with Gokyo ri climbing.