Gokyo trekking is adventure treks in Everest trekking trails. Gokyo trek is known as Gokyo valley trekking includes Gokyo Ri ( Gokyo peak), Gokyo lake offer stunning Himalayan views of four above 8000 meters mountain at once such as Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m including other 27 mountain peaks in Everest region. Gokyo trekking tour is a moderate strenuous trekking trail and at least two weeks are required for this trekking. Trekking in Gokyo valley is not only popular for stunning Himalayan views except that you will explore Tibetan Sherpa culture, lush valleys, beautiful landscapes, ancient Tibetan monasteries, wild animals, and the warm hostility of Sherpa people. Since the Everest trekking trail has been open Gokyo trekking is become more popular for trekkers who have less than two weeks' holidays in Nepal.
Gokyo valley trekking is easy moderate trek in Everest .Trekking in Gokyo valley will provide an amazing lifetime experience hike through the Ngozumpa Glacier & an eye-catching sunrise/sunset view of Mt. Everest from Gokyo Ri 5360m. Gokyo valley trek is such as of the beaten path treks in Everest region that lead you most exciting adventure trekking comparable Everest base camp trekking route . Giant Mt. Everest is visible in a sloppy position even though the rest of the places seen it as a pyramid. The fifth lake is another attraction of Gokyo valley trekking.
Gokyo valley trekking start from Lukla after a 35-minute mountain flight from Kathmandu. Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition’s trekking guide will lead you until your adventure trekking up to Gokyo Ri. You will follow through mountain Sherpa valley Lukla, phakding, Namche bazaar, Dole, Machharemo, Gokyo lake and finally reach the Gokyo ri and fifth lake. You may feel breathtaking Gokyo Ri and Gokyo fifth lake and Glaciers. The next day HJT trekking guide will take to you Gokyo peak 5350m highest destination of Gokyo lake trekking.
Major highlights of Gokyo trekking
* Incredible Himalayan panorama 4 above 8000m mountains-Mt Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt Makalu 8463m, Mt Cho Oyu 8201m
*Amazing sunrise & Sunset view of Mt. Everest from Gokyo Ri (5360m)
* Impressive Gokyo Lake and explore the Gokyo valley with sacred Five Lakes
* Trekking through Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in Nepal Himalaya
* Discover the high Himalayan zone with panoramic Himalayan views of Khumbu region
Related trip information for Gokyo trekking
How difficult is Gokyo valley trekking?
Gokyo valley trek is moderate challenging trek in Everest region. Good Physical is required for the trip. Gokyo Ri trekking gradually ascend from middle level elevation from Lukla 2830m so trekkers continuation doable this trip without any difficulties.
When is the best time to do the Gokoyo trekking tour ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do Gokyo trek but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus even though gokyo valley trek doable with our professional team
We Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange / handle all type of ground transportation such as Car, Van, Hiace, Mini Bus, Coaster, deluxe bus, shuttle Bus, Land cruiser upon your arrival to final departure as well as all domestic flight tickets included charter flights, mountain flight & Helicopter flight as per guest requirements. Mostly prior us private transportation for the safety and comfortable.
Meal is most important and essential for hiking / trekking holidays in Nepal. During your holidays trip either tour or trekking, you will get all type of the meals such as Nepalese, Indian, Chinese, American, Italian, continental. Travelers will get meals in Restaurant or tea house during the trekking in Nepal Himalaya as per order and hygienic meals created power to reach your ultimate destination. You may consult about meals with HJT trekking guide for your adventure trip!
we have 48 trekking destination in Nepal among them 46 trekking destination has good facilities for tea house accommodation, only two trekking destination Makalu and Dolpo trekking trails has still partly need to sleep in tent / tented camp. we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange good quality accommodation as possible with attached toilet and bath room in available trekking destination. Most of the trekking trails has single, double , triple and dormitory rooms available and HJT trek guide will arrange as per requirements.
Drinking water is most essential elements for the trekking in Nepal Himalayas. Trekkers will get drinking water every tea house, shops or lodge entire the trekking tour. We Himalaya Journey Trekking look always look after our valued client’s health so highly recommended to have mineral water or boiled water during the trekking or tour in Nepal.
Trekking Guide & Porters
For trekker’s safety and comfortable trekking in Nepal Himalaya, our guide will play vital role to reach your trekking destination as well as safety trekking in all the trekking trails of Nepal. Guide is key or master and responsible person for the trekking who always look after your trip , health and take to your destination. Every tiny things will explain about history, culture, tradition , place and Himalayas. Porters will carry your bag pack entire the trekking tour for your most comfortable journeys in Himalaya!
All the trekking equipments required as mentioned in our trekking gear list to reach your destination without any problem so please kindly requested to all trekkers to bring essential trekking gears for your adventure trekking in Nepal Himalaya. Without your trekking equipment can’t imagine your trekking holidays in Nepal
Travel insurance is most required for trekking in Nepal Himalayas. Most of the trekking trails in Nepal surrounding by high Himalaya, rocky trekking trails as well as cliffs and sometime trekkers may suffer by high altitude sickness or Acute mountain sickness at the same time we have to take you by Helicopter rescue thus required your travel insurance for trekking in Nepal Himalayas. Beside that point trekkers may sick or accident in Himalaya thus required to do your travel insurance before heading to trekking in Nepal Himalaya.
Money required for all travelers or trekkers to have meal or buy any souvenir from Nepal. In Nepal : Hotel, Restaurant, guest hose or trekking trails accept US Dollars, Euro, Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars or any currency but we HJT suggested all trekkers / travelers may change your currency to Nepalese
Gokyo trekking itinerary:
Day 01. Arrival in Kathamndu 1334m, transfer to hotel , Gokyo trekking briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, kathmandu by Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding (2630m) Walk approximately 2-3 hours
Day 03. Phakding trek to Namche Bazar (3440m ) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04. Namche Bazaar Rest or acclimatization day. During this day you can hike to Thame Monastery or Everest view hotel for superb Himalayan views including Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kantega, Kusum khangaru,Khumbila,Tawache peak,Cholaste, Kongde etc.overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05 Namche Bazzar trek to Dole(4000m) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06 Dole trek to Machhermo (4410m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 07 Machhermo trek to Gokyo (4750m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 08 After breakfast, HJT guide will take to Gokyo fifth lake / Cho Oyu base camp then return to Gokyo lake. Walk approximately 5-6 hours Overnight at Gokyo lake.
Day 09 Wake up early in the morning to hike to Gokyo Ri 5350m for panoramic Himalayan views such as Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Kangchung 6063m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m, Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m, back to Gokyo,lunch at Gokyo lake and continue to Na (4420m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 10 Na trek to Phortse village ( 3867m)Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 11 Phortse trek to Pangboche (4135m) walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 12 Pangboche trek to Tyangboche (3890m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 13 Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazzar (3480m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 14 Namche Bazzar trek to Lukla. Walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 15 After breakfast Lukla by flight back to Kathmandu , transfer to hotel and overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 16 After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 17 After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you time and interested for another package trip , we will arrange accordingly such as Mt. Everest mountain flight tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour, sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley, River rafting etc.
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 380)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking. ( two person get one trekking porters who will carry maximum 25-30 kg as per rule and regulation of Nepal workers Union )
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Khumbu pasang Lamu rural municipality entry fee
- Kathmandu domestic airport pick up & transfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley city tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Gokyo Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Gokyo trekking is known as Gokyo valley trekking offer beautiful Himalayan views of 4 above 8000m mountains , beautifuly gokyo lake with Gokyo ri climbing.