Everest base camp Gokyo valley trekking
Everest base camp Gokyo valley trekking is an anti-clockwise Everest trekking destination. Everest base camp cho la pass gokyo valley trekking twist classic trek in Everest region with best mountains vista of 4 above 8000m mountains & 23 trekking peaks of Everest trekking trails. Everest base camp Cho la pass trekking take to you heart of the Khumbu Himalayan range with eye-catching Himalayan views including Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Lhotse 8516, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201, Mt. Ama Dablam 6856m, Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Island peak (6179m), Mera peak (6421m)m with other scenic mountain views, etc, Tibetan sherpa culture. Everest Gokyo valley trekking take travelers main destination of Khumbu trekking trails. Everest base camp gokyo valley hiking distance 135 kilometers from Lukla.
Everest base camp Gokyo trekking discover the Sagarmatha National park, Khumbu Icefall, Khumbu glaciers, Tibetan monasteries, Gokyo valley, and Tibetan sherpa settlements. Gokyo lake Everest base camp trekking is a thrilling adventure trekking trail in the Everest region with an eye-catching Himalayan panorama of Khumbu trek trails. Autumn and spring season are best time treks in Everest base camp & Gokyo valley but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per trekkers choice. minimum three-week holidays and good physical fitness required to do this trip but previous trekking experience, not essentials. HJT create Everest base camp Gokyo trekking as below mentioned but trekkeres may extend thier journeys as per holiday frame. Everest base camp Gokyo trekking map clearly described its route in depth.
Everest base camp trek commences at Lukla with a spectacular flight from Kathmandu to Lukla Hilary airport. After land at Hilary Airport Lukla, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's trekking guide led through beautiful sherpa village Phakding Namche Bazar Tengboche Pheriche Lobuche, Gorakshep & finally reach Mt. Everest base camp. The next morning HJT guide led you to Kala Pattar 5545m, one of the highest & best viewpoint centres of Mt. Everest Panorama then continue the hike to Lobuche, Dzongla & over Cho la pass enter into the Gokyo valley.HJT generate Everest base camp Gokyo valley trek itinerary as below mentioned but trekkers may change or extend the trip plan as per holiday frame.
Gokyo valley trekking trail is also more panoramic for superb views of Mt. Everest, Makalu & Cho Oyu. After reaching the Gokyo Ri (5350m) trail continue to descend to Gokyo valley Machhremo Dole Khumjung Namche bazaar, Lukla then fly back to Kathmandu with an amazing experience of Khumbu Himalayan scenery. Everest base camp Cho la pass trekking is a fantastic trip for those who love nature, valleys, landscape & beautiful Himalayan views.
Everest base camp Gokyo valley trekking Major Highlights:
* Everest base camp gokyo valley trek is an adventurous trek that covers the Mt. Everest base camp, challenging cho la pass and beautiful gokyo valley, gokyo lake.
* Gokyo valley via Everest base camp trek commence with a spectacular flight from Kathmandu to Lukla Hilary airport.
* Trekking in Everest base camp and gokyo valley is a twist classic treks in Everest region with best mountains pinnacle of 4 above 8000m mountains & 23 trekking peaks of Everest trek trails
* Discover the Sagarmatha National park, Khumbu Icefall, Khumbu glaciers, Tibetan monasteries and Tibetan sherpa settlements.
* Gokyo lake Everest base camp trekking is thrilling adventure trekking trails in Everest region with eye catching Himalayan panorama of Khumbu trek trails.
Related trip information about Everest base camp gokyo valley trekking
How difficult is Everest base camp gokyo trek ?
Gokyo valley via Everest base camp trek is a twist classic treks in Everest region. Good physical is required for the trip. Everest base camp gokyo valley trek gradually ascend from low level elevation from Lukla 2830m so trekkers continuation doable this trip without any difficulties.
When is the best time to do the Everest base camp gokyo valley trek ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do Gokyo lake Everest base camp trek but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus
How many hours need to walk each day?
Minimum 5-6 hours need to walk each day except the Cho la pass 5420m(8-9 hours) but it is depend on the your speed but HJT team always suggest walk slow but continuation that make sense to reach the Everest base camp trek destination . Everest gokyo valley trek map has also clear vision one to next destination.
Everest base camp Gokyo valley trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1334m), transfer Hotel,Everest base camp Gokyo valley trekking briefing with officially arrangments. overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: Katmandu by flight to Lukla (2830m) fly approximately 35 minutes only and trek to Phakding (2630m). walk approximately 2-3 hours
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3480m).walk approximately5-6 hours
Day 04: Namche Bazaar acclimatization day.( During the day , you can hike to Thame for beautiful Himalayan views, wild animals and Tibetan Monastery or hike to Everest view hotel for superb views of Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m) ,island peak (6179m), Khumbila (God of Khumbu) 5761m etc , overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3890m) walk approximately5-6 hours
Day 06: Tyangboche to Pheriche (4250m)walk approximately5-6 hours
Day 07: Pheriche to Lobuche (4910m)walk approximately5-6 hours
Day 08: Lobuche to Gorakshep (5180m) ,walk approximately 2-3 hoursafter lunch continue trek to Everest base camp (5500m) and overnight at Gorakshep.walk approximately5-6 hours
Day 09: Gorakshep early in the morning hike to kala pattar (5545m) for superb Himalayan views including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Changaste 7550m, Mt.Lingterin 6679m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m, Mt.Kongde 6011m,Mt. Khumbila 5761m(God of the Khumbu),Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m ,Island peak 6179m, Lobuche peak 6145m,Pokalde peak 5806m, Honku south peak 6119m and lunch at Gorakshep and trek to Lobuche, Overnight at Lobuche (4930m )walk approximately5-6 hours
Day 10: Lobuche to Dzongla (4800m).walk approximately5-6 hours
Day 11: Dzongla via Cho la pass 5420m trek to Thangnak (4850 m)walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 12: Thang Na to Gokyo Lake (4750 m)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 13: Gokyo lake early in the morning hike to Gokyo Ri/Gokyo peak (5545m) for superb Himalayan views including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m,Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m,Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m etc ,back to Gokyo lake ,after lunch continue to Machhermo (4400 m)walk approximately5-6 hours
Day 14: Machhermo to Dole (4000 m)walk approximately4-5 hours
Day 15: Dole to Namche Bazaar (3480 m )walk approximately5-6 hours
Day 16: Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla (2830m) walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 17: Lukla by Flight back to Kathmandu. fly approximately 35 minutes, transfer to hotel. overnight at Kathmandu
Day 18: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Bhaktapur: you will enjoy with different spectacular Himalayan scenery , old architecture, 55 windows, Pottry farm, king curd and old style primitive houses. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley.Monkey temple(swyambhunath): you will enjoy with Budhhist stupa from where you will see whole kathmandu valley view including the Himalayan views ,Patan Dubare square: Patan city is the temple city of Nepal where you will see the many temple,Mahabudhha , Golden temple etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 19: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities then our representative will drip to you Kathmandu International airport forward journeys or if have time for Nepal will arrange accordingly such as Chitwan jungle safari tour, Lumbini Pokhara Nagarkot tour , Rafting etc
Everest base camp Gokyo trekking Cost:
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 380)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- khumbu pasang lamu rural municipality entry permit
- Kathmandu Domestic airport pickup and transfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with guided tour as mentioed in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Everest base camp Gokyo trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Everest base camp gokyo valley trekking is one of the most popular trekking in Everest region offer beautiful Himalayan views of 5 above 8000m mountains with 19 snowy capped mountains , beautful landscape & Tibetan sherpa culture.