Gokyo lake trekking
Gokyo trekking is one of most popular trekking destination in Everest region . Gokyo lake trekking is known as Gokyo valley trekking included Gokyo lake , Gokyo Ri . Gokyo lake trekking offers fantastic Himalayan views of four above 8000m mountain including top of the world Mt. Evrest 8848m, Mt. Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201 and 27 snowy caped mountains of Everest Himalayan range, beautiful Gokyo valley, gokyo lake, lush valley and Tibetan Sherpa culture. Gokyo lake is one of the beautiful lake in Everest trekking trail located at 4750m and Gokyo Ri 5360m is highest point of this trekking . Trekking in Gokyo valley required good physical fitness . Spring and Autumn season is best time trekking in Gokyo valley but we Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition arrange Gokyo treks with customized trip as per trekkers wish and holiday schedule with lifetime Adventure in Nepal Himalaya. Gokyo valley trek is moderate strenuous trail in Everest region trekking and required minimum two weeks holidays. Minimum two weeks holidays required for Nepal Gokyo trekking .
Gokyo valley trekking start at Lukla , after 35 minute mountain flight from Kathmandu. While landed at Lukla airport , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s professional trekking guide led Gokyo valley trek through the Sherpa village Phakding Namche bazaar Dole Machhermo Gokyo Tengboche and finally end at Lukla. Gokyo lake trek take you heart of the Mount Everest region trail. Gokyo trek required minimum two weeks holidays and not required previous trekking experience. Gokyo valley trekking has various options for additional exploration and high-altitude hiking, including the crossing of Cho La, 5420m-high pass into Khumbu if you want to extend your journeys in Everest trekking region.Gokyo trekking tour take to you heart of the Mount Everest trekking trail including one of the beautiful Gokyo lake with life time experience.
Gokyo trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1334m), transfer Hotel, Gokyo trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: Katmandu by flight to Lukla (2830m) fly approximately 35 minutes and trek to Phakding (2630m). walk approximately 2-3 hours
Day 03: Phakding trek to Namche Bazaar (3480m). walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04: Namche Bazaar acclimatization day.( During the day , you can hike to Thame for beautiful Himalayan views, wild animals and Tibetan Monastery or hike to Everest view hotel for superb views of Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m) ,island peak (6179m), Khumbila (God of Khumbu) 5761m etc , overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar trek to Khumjung (3840m)walk approximately 3-4 hours
Day 06: Khumjung trek to Dole (4000m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Dole trek to Machhermo(4400m)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 08: Machhermo trek to Gokyo Lake (4750m)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 09: Gokyo lake early in the morning, Himalaya Journey Trekking guide will take to you Gokyo Ri/Gokyo peak (5545m) for superb Himalayan views including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m,Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m,Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m etc ,back to Gokyo lake ,after lunch continue to Na(4850m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 10: Na trek to Phortse village ( 3865m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 11: Phortse trek to Tyangboche (3890m)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 12: Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazaarwalk approximately 5-6hours
Day 13: Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 14: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight .
Day 15: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel .
Day 16: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or as you have time will arrange another package trip accordingly.
Trip Cost: e-mail us:-firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 280)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Kathmandu domestic airport pickup and transfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Gokyo lake trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Gokyo lake trekking is known as Gokyo valley trekking catagorized as moderate strenious trekking route in Everest reigon offer panoramic Himalayan views of 4 above 8000m mountain , beufitul Gokyo lake , beutiful valley, sherpa cultures & Tibetan monasteries.