Sun koshi river rafting
Sun koshi river rafting is one of the most popular rafting in Nepal. Sun Koshi rafting is challenging + more exciting river raft in Nepal. Sun koshi rafting commence from Dolalghat, the put-in point for the Sun kosi River is two hours from Katmandu and by your hotel with our private minibus. Sun Kosi rafting is another shortest river rafting in Nepal from Kathmandu.
We have short practice in the river how to paddle and some commands by your guide before you leave The excellent exhilarated top ten river offers tremendously exciting experience of white water rafting,. beautiful natural scenarios, cultivated landscape, typical valley, watching four hundred different kind of birds with listening their sweet sounds, visit at a popular Hindu temple wherein lot of Hindu devotees gathered to worship in the full moon day of January. The ever-changing scenery helps to ensure that every day on the river is exciting and different.
Sun Koshi rafting beginning of the trip sees high mountains, narrow gorges, forest and small remote village The scenic river follows 270 km from rafting put in point at Dolalgaht to trip take out point at Chatra. The trip provides real taste of white water rafting and it is also photographer's paradise.Normally , sun koshi river rafting adventure take 8-10 days but we Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition will generate sunkoshi rafting itinerary according to travelers holiday schedule and wish with unforgettable life time rafting adventure in Nepal.
Sun Koshi river rafting itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival at Himalaya Journey Trekking office , Sunkoshi river rafting briefing with officially arrangments. overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: 3hrs drive to Dolalghat; rafting starting point and short rafting camp in Tarang Gaon
Day 03: Tarang Gaon to Dumja village rafting approx. 4 hours The gathered villagers shall cheer you as you drift away slowly gathering momentum, slowly leaving behind the Langtang ranges. Sunkoshi is considered as a Holy river by the Nepalese Hindus, the river flows into the Holy Ganges in India, soon we hit the very technical rapid called Khuei Bhai rapid, strewn with rooks and boulders, hence, considerable care is need. Camp for the night near the Mahadev temple, reputed to be the first Shiva temple in Nepal.
Day 04: Dumja village to Khunkot rafting approx. 6 hours WET AND WILD.immediately we are hitting the rapids passing enroute the fishing village of Kodaris' and the Chamera Bhir were you see hundreds of bats screaming and clinging to the walls of the cliffs, some good fun filled rapids takes up to Khunkot where we camp for the night.
Day 05: Khurkot to Likhu Khola rafting approx. 5 hours Habitations dwindle, few poor Rai villages' enroute, exciting rapids in the afternoon with good photo prospects
Day 06: Likhu Khola to Harkapur village rafting approx. 6 hours Today, we pass through deep gorges punctuated with exciting rapids unfolding pleasant floats in the afternoon troops of Langur and Rhesus monkeys can be seen romping the riverbanks.
Day 07: Harkapur village to Rai Ghat rafting approx. 6 hours Today is one of the most exciting and challenging days of the expedition encountering some very demanding rapids where you witness the skills of our guides, we pass through 'Bridge rapids' and 'Krishna rapids' stopping to carefully plan our strategy through the next rapids. Mr. Mangal Gurung was the first rafter to successfully take rafts in 1979 and he has the distinction of being the 1st Nepali to raft the Sunkoshi, it was a no mean success, hence, the rapid is named after him 'MANGAL RAPID'. Floating past the confluence of the Dudh Koshi, we hit the last rapid for the day, 'Roller Coaster' a hair rising rapid.
Day 08: Rai Ghat to Bander Ghat rafting approx. 6 hours Hold tight, the ride is not over yet.as past the point of Sap Su Khola is a rapid with the greatest drop Huge 'holes', 'eddies' and churning 'stopper waves' demands team work and hard paddle.
Day 09: Bander Ghat to Bonjur Ghat rafting aprox. 6 hours We take to the rapids again, busy all morning earnestly thanking for the lunch break, emerging from the Mardheku gorge the river spreads wide, less agitated after its confinement between steep cliffs and gorges.
Day 10: Bonjur Ghat to Barahchhatra rafting aprox. 6 hours Today the whole stretch is a mixture of fun filled rapids and calm undulating floats, you are somewhat relived, yet sad that the trip is coming to an end, all good things ultimately does.
Day 11: Short rafting reaches out points Chatara, after lunch takes night bus to Kathmandu or drive to Biratnagar to take a flight back to Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu Dolalghat overland transportation by private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- Sun Koshi River rafting Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staffs (Rafting Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Deluxe Tent accommodation in River Fun Beach Resort with camp fire
- Safety Kayak
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
- Biratnagar Kathmandu flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Himalaya Journey Trekking Company T-Shirt
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Guide and cook)
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Hotel accomodation ,Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Rafting Equipments
- Rafting Bag pack.
- T-shirt swim
- wear for on the river Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication
- Flashlight Footwear
- Reading book
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River)
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass Water bottle. Sleeping bag.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Sunkoshi river rafting is one of the challenging and longest river rafting in Nepal offers beautiful landscape of Nepal, the green forest, nice terace fields and rural village of Nepal