Kali gandaki river rafting
Kali ganadaki river rafting popular rafting adventure in Nepal. Kali gandaki rafting offers superb Himalayan scenerary, lush valleys, Green Rhodendrendon forest and wild annimals. Kali Gandaki river rafting adventure commence from Beni, the put in point for the kali Gandaki is just 3 hours from Pokhara. The 50 km of river action takes 3 days. The return trip from the 'Dam' take out point to Pokhara is about four and half hours. It provides magnificent views of the Himalayas, wonderful picturesque scenery, most exciting rapids . The trip begins from Beni (Baglung) and it finishes at Andhi Khola. The beautiful scenery on this remote river makes it a favorite among those looking for a short to medium length trip. The river passes through narrow gorges and canyons, alongside tumbling waterfalls, traditional Magar and Chettri villages, whose inhabitants often venture down to the riverside to meet the rafters. There are superb opportunities to see the Annapurna Mountain range and a variety of wildlife.
Kali Gandaki River rafting itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival at Himalaya Journey Trekking office and Kali gandaki river rafting briefing with officially arrangments. overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu / Pokhara - Naya Pul - Modi Beni: Pokhara can be reached by plane or by car taking thirty minutes or five hours respectively. The journey to the river begins early in the morning from Pokhara. The put-in point is 40km away at Naya Pul and the drive takes approximately 1 ½ hours. Mule caravans can be seen coming down to Pokhara and the mountains views are spectacular. After a briefing and preparations, everyone is on the boat. The first day’s treat includes a series of Class III and Class IV rapids. Interesting rock formations are seen on the canyon walls as we paddle past. High above the river lie villages perched on hilltops. Birding is a special feature on this trip and such specimens as Red shank, cormorants and kingfishers can be seen along the river. The day ends at the campsite.
Day 03: Modi Beni - Purtighat: Soon after breakfast the second day’s trip begins and there are more Class IIIand Class IV rapids to maneuver, but as the day progresses, less of these are encountered compared to the previous day. Going further down, the landscape changes gradually and the valleys become wider. There are more temples along the way and villages mostly inhabited by Brahmins or Magars. Before the jungle corridor is entered, waterfalls are encountered that cascade down stalactite formations. The night halt is on a remote beach.
Day 04: Purtighat - Mirmi: At the confluence of two rivers (the Modi and Kali) rests the village of Modi Beni. The spot where two rivers meet is considered a holy site by Hindus and a massive boulder here is recognized as an important shrine by the locals. Some small rapids are encountered here and are relatively easy. The valley then widens, and the great gorge is left behind. The river loses its ferocity and the surrounding hills are no longer steep. Back in civilization, farmers can be seen busy in their fields and children wave from a distance. A lunch stop here brings an end to this marvelous three-day river trip. A change of route on the way back to Pokhara makes the journey more interesting as the road leads through rising hills, farmland and charming Gurung Villages. This three-day river trip takes one through the most diverse cultures and landscapes.
Trip Cost: email@example.com
- Kathmandu Pokhara Nayapul overland transportation by private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- Kali gandaki River rafting Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staffs (Rafting Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Deluxe Tent accommodation in River Fun Beach Resort with camp fire
- Safety Kayak
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
- Mirmi to pokhara overland transportaton by private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Himalaya Journey Trekking Company T-Shirt
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Guide and cook)
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Hotel accomodation ,Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Rafting Equipments
- Rafting Bag pack.
- T-shirt swim
- wear for on the river Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication
- Flashlight Footwear
- Reading book
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River)
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass Water bottle. Sleeping bag.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Kali ganadaki river rafting popular rafting adventure in Nepal. Kali gandaki rafting offers superb Himalayan scenerary, lush valleys, Green Rhodendrendon forest and wild annimals. Kali Gandaki river rafting adventure commence from Beni, the put in point for the kali Gandaki is just 3 hours from Pokhara.