Jiri Gokyo valley trekking
Jiri Gokyo valley trekking is exciting adventure trekking in the Everest region. Jiri Gokyo Lake trekking offers panoramic Himalayan views of the whole Solu Khumbu region, beautiful landscape, lush valleys. Jiri Gokyo Ri trekking is suitable for those Nepal travelers who want to explore the rural village package to high Himalayan outlook. We can say, Jiri to Gokyo Ro trekking is fit for all age groups because of trekking staring from low land and slowly reach the high mountain region at Gokyo peak. Hiking through Gaurishanker National park and Sagarmatha national park exploration of the dense Rhododendron, Pine forest, Sherpa cultural settlements.
Jiri to Gokyo valley trek take to you core of Khumbu region and assemble to Everest base camp trekking trails too as well as exploration of the astonishingly beautiful Gokyo valley, Gokyo lake, Gokyo Ri, and Ngozumpa glaciers. Since the Solu Khumbu Gokyo valley trekking trail has been open Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition ( trekking tour operator ) has depth experience operate the relevant package trip. March, April, May, and September, October, November is the best season for Jiri Gokyo valley trekking tour but HJT arranges the Jiri Gokyo trekking whole years according to adventure seekers holiday schedule and wish.
Jiri Gokyo trekking starts from Jiri Bazaar after driving 6-7 hours from Kathmandu and ends at Lukla then by flight back to Kathmandu. Hike from Jiri is the best way to do an Everest trek following the footsteps of the old approach route followed by Everest expeditions from the 1950s through the '70s. Jiri to Gokyo valley trekking provides a good opportunity to see the densely populated middle hills and the high altitude splendor of the Khumbu or Everest region. Jiri Gokyo Ri trek is continuously rewarded with dramatic Himalayan scenes, including four of the world’s highest peaks: Cho Oyu (8,201m.), Makalu (8,463m.), Lhotse (8,516m.), and Everest (8,848m.). Breathtaking mountain vistas are complemented by visits to Sherpa villages, homes, and monasteries offering you an insight into the quiet but, culturally vibrant Sherpa way of life.
Major highlights of Jiri Gokyo valley trekking
*Jiri Gokyo valley trek is tradition trekking route in Everest region followed by Sir Edmund Hilary and Tenging Norgey to attempt the Mt. Everest 8848m summit.
* Hiking through Gaurishanker National park and Sagarmatha national park exploration of the dense Rhododendron, Pine forest, Sherpa cultural settlements.
* Jiri to Gokyo valley trekking observe the best Mountain vistas including 4 above 8000m mountains and 23 snow capped mountains of solukhumbu region
* Explore the astonishingly beautiful Gokyo valley, Gokyo lake, Gokyo Ri and Ngozumpa glaciers.
* Jiri to Gokyo valley trek take to you core of Khumbu region and assemble to Everest base camp trekking trails too.
Related trip information about Jiri Gokyo valley trekking
How difficult is Jiri gokyo valley trek ?
Jiri to Gokyo valley trekking is exciting treks in Everest trekking trails. Good physical is required for the trip. Jiri Gokyo valley trek gradually ascend from low level elevation from Jiri 1902m so trekkers continuation doable this trip without any difficulties.
When is the best time to do the Jiri Gokyo lake trekking ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do Jiri Gokyo lake trekking but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus even though Jiri Gokyo valley trekking doable with our professional team
How many hours need to walk each day?
Minimum 5-6 hours need to walk each day but it is depend on the your speed but HJT team always suggest walk slow but continuation that make sense to reach the Jiri Gokyo trek destination . Jiri Gokyo valley trek map has also clear vision one to next destination.
Jiri Gokyo valley trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu (1334m), transfer Hotel, Jiri Gokyo valley trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, Katmandu by bus to Jiri 6-7 hours (1905m) Drive from kathmandu approximately 7-8 hours
Day 03: Jiri trek to Deurali (2250m). walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04: Deurali trek to Sete (2575m). walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 05: Sete trek to Junbesi (2675m). walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 06: Junbesi trek to Nunthala (2450m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Nunthala trek to Puyan (2830m). walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 08: Puyan trek to Phakding (2830m). walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 09: Phakding trek to Namche Bazaar (3480m). walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 10: Namche Bazaar Rest or acclimatization day. During this day you can hike to Thame Monastery or Everest view hotel for superb Himalayan views including Everest,Lhotse,Nuptse,Amadablam, Thamserku, Kantega, Kusum khangaru,Khumbila,Tawache peak,Cholaste, Kongde etc.overnight at Namche Bazaar
Day 11: Namche Bazaar trek to Dole (4000m)
Day 12: Dole trek to Machhermo(4400m)
Day 13: Machhermo trek to Gokyo Lake (4750m)
Day 14: Gokyo lake early in the morning hike to Gokyo Ri/Gokyo peak (5545m) for superb Himalayan views including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m,Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m,Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m etc ,back to Gokyo lake ,after lunch continue to Na(4850m)
Day 15: Na trek to Phortse ( 3865m)
Day 16: Phortse trek to Tyangboche (3890m)
Day 17: Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazaar
Day 18: Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla
Day 19: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight .
Day 20: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath stupa :visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley.Monkey temple(swyambhunath):you will enjoy with Budhhist stupa from where you will see whole Kathmandu valley view including the Himalayan views etc .overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 21: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities then Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s airport representative will drop to you Kathmandu international airport for onward journey.
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 336)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Khumbu pasang lamu rural municipality entry permit
- Kathmandu domestic airport pick up and transfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu city tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu city tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Jiri gokyo valley trekking is classic treks in Everest region offfer beautiful landscape of solu khumbu trekking trails , 5 above 8000m mountains and whole Himalayan views of Solukhumbu trekking trails.