Mani Rimdu festival trekking 2020
Everest Mani Rimdu festival trekking is religious trekking in Everest region. Mani Rimdu festval trek celebrate in Tengboche monastery lies on Khumbu region and Mani Rimdu festival fixed for 2020 by Tibeantan Lunar calender. Mani Rimdu Festival trekking is include Sherpa ritual festival trip as well as offers the excellent combination of beautiful Himalayan scenery included top of the world Mt. Everest 8848m, trekking experience in the Himalayan region with the Sherpa people and their unique culture. Everest Mani Rimdu festival trekking is one of the most fascinating High Himalayan Buddhist festivals observed every year, usually in November (date fixed by lunar calendar) in Tengboche monastery. The mani rimdu festival depicts the victory of Buddhism over the ancient Bon religion. During the Mani Rimdu festival Monks meditate for nine days which is followed by public blessing and the world renowned mask dance at Tengboche monastery. During the Mani Rimdu festival monks of Everest region perform various rituals with singing and dancing & it was first celebrated in 1930 Tengboche monastery of Everest region. It is originated in Rongbukh Monastery in Tibet.
Mani Rimdu festival trek start at Hilary airport Lukla after 35 minutes mountains flight from Kathmandu. After having some magnificent day in peaks, we get to Tengboche where this festival will take place. We will begin Mani Rimdu Festival Trek from Lukla to get to Phakding and then to Namche lying at an elevation of (3440m). We will then trek to Tengboche to attend Mani Rimdu festival. We will spend three days in Tengboche to look Mani rimdu festival. Along with the experience of enjoying the festival, you will also get the chance to catch the glance of Mt. Everest (8848m), the world’s highest mountain. Also, you will get to explore around Kalapathar (5500m) and reach at Everest base Camp trekking (5,364m) if you want to extend the trekking tour.
Everest Mani Rimdu festival trekking itinerary:
6th November 2020 Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1334m), transfer Hotel,Everest Mani Rimdu festival trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at kathmandu.
7th November 2020 Day 02: Katmandu by flight to Lukla, flight duration approximately 35 mintues and overnight at Phakding (2830m).walk approximately 2-3 hours
8th November 2020 Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3480m).walk approximately 4-5 hours
9th November 2020 Day 04: Namche Bazaar trek to Khumjung (3840m) via Everest view hotel from where you will see panoramic Himalayan views of the Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m) ,island peak (6179m), Khumbila (God of Khumbu) 5761m etc. overnight at Khumjung village .walk approximately 2-3 hours
10th November 2020 Day 05: Khumjung village trek to Tengboche (3890m). walk approximately 5-6 hours
11th November 2020 Day 06: Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazaar , walk approximately 4-5 hours
12th November 2020 Day 07: First Day Wang - Blessing ceremony Day
We will stay at Tengboche Monastery to celebrate the first day of Mani Rimdu Festival. Here, you will get to see. You will also experience the blessing ceremony.
13th November 2020 Day 08: 2nd Day Witness Cham- Mask Dance
This is the second day of the festival. We will get to witness mask dance which is referred as Cham. Overnight at the monastery.
14th November 2020 Day 09: Third Day - Witness the Jinsak- Closing Ceremony
On the third day of the festival, we will get to see the Jinsak which means closing ceremony of the festival. Overnight at the monastery again
15th November 2020 Day 10: Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla (2830m ) .walk approximately 6-7hours
16th November 2020 Day 11: Lukla by flight back Kathmandu.
17th November 2020 Day 12: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Bhaktapur: you will enjoy with different spectacular Himalayan scenery , old architecture, 55 windows, Pottry farm, king curd and old style primitive houses etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
18th November 2020 Day 13: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities than Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition airport representative will drop to you Kathmandu international airport for onward destination or if you have time to stay in Nepal trip will arrange accordingly such as Chitwan jungle safari tour, Lumbini Pokhara Nagarkot tour , Rafting etc
Trip Cost: e-mail us:-firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 280)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Everest Mani Rimdu festival trekking tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Khumbu Pasang lamu rural municipality entry permit
- Kathmandu domestic airport pickup and transfer to hotel
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Everest mani rimdu festival trekking is known as Mani Rimdu festival trek and celebrate at Tengboche monastery in November .