Arun valley trekking
Arun valley trekking is really non touristy trekking trail in Nepal . Arun valley trek trail is located between the Sagarmatha(Mt. Everest) and Makalu-Barun National Parks. Arun valley trekking offers superb Himalayan scenery including the Mount Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt.Baruntse, Mt.Lhotse, Mt.Nuptse ,Mt. Amadablam, Mt.Thamserku etc , more than 650 species of birds and over 800 species of butterflies, shelter of the rare and endangered Panda. Orchids and other flowers along a faint jungle trail, swirl prayer flags at Shipton La. walking through this picturesque Sherpa village are the attraction of the Arun valley region . Arun valley trek is blessed with an incredible diversity of natural beauty and culture .Trekking in Arun valley provides an alternative approach to the Khumbu region trekking .
Arun valley trekking requires endurance and fitness to fully appreciate the beauty of the Arun valley region. Walking north up the Arun river to Sedua and Num, then crossing Barun La 4110m.into the upper Barun khola valley for a close look at Makalu. Arun valley trek requires stamina and fitness to fully appreciate the beauty of the region. which provides some outstanding mountain views. Commencing with a flight to Tumlingtar to the East of Everest, the first week is spent trekking through virgin territory into the Solu Khumbu region before a push up on the main Everest trail to Kala Pattar for tremendous close ups of Everest, Nuptse and Lhotse along with many others before a journey back to Lukla and a flight to Kathmandu or trekkers can back kathmandu through solu khmbu jiri trekking trekking route. We Himalaya Journey Treks and Expedition arrange Arun valley trekking according to trekkers /visiters holiday schedule and wish.
Arun valley Trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Arun valley trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast ,Kathmandu valley excursion with your own activities and preparation for Arun valley trekking.
Day 03: Katmandu by flight to Tumlingtar. fly approximatley 1 hours
Day 04: Tumlingtar trek to Chyawabesi (280m). walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 05: Chyawabesi trek to Kothe.walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 06: Kothe trek to Salpa Phedi (1680m).walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 07: Salpa Phedi trke to Sanam (2850m) via Guranse (2880m).walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 08: Sanam trke to Bung. (1900m)walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 09: Bung trek to Gai kharka (2300m).walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 10: Gai kharka trke to Puiyan (2230m).walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 11: Puiyan trek to Phakding (2830m).walk approximatley 5 hours
Day 12: Phakding trek to Namche Bazaar (3480m). walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 13: Namche Bazaar acclimatization day.( During the day , you can hike to Thame for beautiful Himalayan views, wild animals and Tibetan Monastery or hike to Everest view hotel for superb views of Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m) ,island peak (6179m), Khumbila (God of Khumbu) 5761m etc , overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 14: Namche Bazaar trek to Phortse village (3890m)walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 15: Phortse village trek to Pheriche (4250m)walk approximatley 5 hours
Day 16: Pheriche trek to Lobuche (4910m)walk approximatley 5 hours
Day 17: Lobuche trek to Gorakshep (5180m) ,walk approximatley 2-3 hoursafter lunch continue to Everest base camp(5463m),walk approximatley 5-6 hours overnight at Gorakshep.
Day 18: Gorakshep early in the morning hike to kala pattar (5545m) for superb Himalayan views including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Changaste 7550m, Mt.Lingterin 6679m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m,Mt. Khumbila 5761m(God of the Khumbu),Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m ,Island peak 6179m, Lobuche peak 6145m,Pokalde peak 5806m, Honku south peak 6119m and lunch at Lobuche and overnight at Dingboche (4345m)walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 19: Dingboche trek to Tyangboche (3890m)walk approximatley 5 hours
Day 20: Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazaar(3480m)
Day 21: Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla(2830m)walk approximatley 6-7 hours
Day 22: Lukla by flight Katmandu. fly approximately 35 minutes only
Day 23: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 24: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you time and interested for another package trip , we will arrange accordingly such as Mt. Everest mountain flight tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour, sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley, River rafting etc.
Trip Cost: e-mail us:-firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 280)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Kathmandu Domestic airport pick up and transfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathamndu city tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Arun valley trekking is non touristy trekking trails lies between Makalu National park and Sagarmatha National park