Nepal visa information
Nepal visa information is essential information for before travelling in Nepal. Nepal government determine different type of visa for tourist which obtain upon arrival in Kathmandu international airport. Nationals of SAARC countries and China do not need visa when visiting Nepal.
Other visitors do not need visa to be in Nepal for three days. Visa must be obtained for staying over the initial period of three days. Free visa is to be given to tourists for re-entry to Nepal provided they stay at least for 15 days in the country in that visa year.
I) A single entry to Nepal for 60 days from the date of entry is USD 30 or equivalent convertible foreign or Nepali currency.
II) Multiple entry for one visa year is US $ 50 plus US $ 30 for single entry or equivalent convertible foreign or Nepali currency.
# For Sri Lankan pilgrims visiting Lumbini, a single entry visa for 15 days is US $10 or equivalent convertible currency.
The visitors who wish to stay for more than 60 days in Nepal can extend their tourist visa by paying US $ 30 or equivalent convertible foreign or Nepali currency for 30 days from the Department of Immigration.
# For foreign investors business visa with multiple entry facility for a period of one year and five years can be obtained from the Department of Immigration on the recommendation of Department of Industry and Commerce by paying US $ 100 and US $ 250 or equivalent convertible foreign or Nepali currency.
As per the rule, Indian nationals do not require visa. However, effective from October 2000, Indians traveling to Nepal by air have to show upon arrival at entry point a valid photo identity like a passport, voter's identity or an identify card issued by the Indian government. Temporary identity card with photographs issued by Nepal-based Indian diplomatic missions is considered in case of exception. Children under 10 years need not show any identification.
- Chinese Visas obtained overseas are not good to visit Tibet for travellers entering Tibet from Nepal. Therefore visa to Tibet must be obtained from the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu, Nepal. The Chinese embassy issues Tibet visas only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays (except Chinese holidays).
- So you need to stay in Kathmandu for at least two nights before entering Tibet.
- Visitors cannot apply for the Tibet Visa themselves (one must go through reputed Travel Agency). In order to apply / obtain the Tibet Visa, the Tibet Travel Permit and Visa Approval documents (issued by Tibet Travel Bureau) are compulsory to submit to the Chinese Embassy.
- When you confirm your trip with us, we will organize Tibet Travel Permit, Visa Approval Documents, apply to the Chinese embassy, and obtain your visa. You do not need to go to the Chinese Embassy, we'll do on your behalf.
- To make sure we obtain your visa in time, we need your passport details at least two weeks earlier of your arrival at Kathmandu.