Mustang Lo Manthang trekking
Upper Mustang trekking is restricted trekking trail in Nepal. Nepal Upper Mustang trekking is known as Mustang Lo Manthang trekking. Upper Mustang lo mangthang offer beautiful landscape, Himalayan views , Tibetian Thakali culture , ancient monasteries as well as mustangi king. Upper mustang trekking open after 1992. Upper mustang trekking required special trekking permit through government registered Nepal trekking agency. Only limit trekkers can trekking in Mustang region. Mustang, "The last Forbidden Kingdom" is situated north of the Himalayas and juts out onto the Tibetan Plateau. Mustang trekking region has more in common culturally and geographically with Tibet than it does with the rest of Nepal. Mustang retains much of its cultural autonomy and is administered by its own King or Raja, the 25th successor of his lineage. Lo Manthang is one of the most attraction destination of this trekking.
Mustang Lo Manthang trekking trekking begins at Nayapul after 1 :30 minutes drive from Pokhara or at Jomsom after 25 minutes mountain flight from Pokhara. we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange Upper Mustang trek as per travelers wish and holiday frame as below mentioned mustang trekking options. Himalaya Journey trekking guide led through the beautiful valley of Kagbeni Chele Geling Tsarang & finally reach at Lo Manthang. The capital of the kingdom of Mustang, this city contains the richest surviving collection of 15th century Buddhist Mandalas in the world. The city and the surrounding valley can be explored on horseback the following day before you turn back to the flowing Kaligandaki valley. Autumn, spring and monsoon season is best time trekking in Mustang lo Manthang but we Himalaya journey Trekking arrange around the year as per travelers. Minimum two person participant required for Mustang trekking and both tea house / camping trekking can do in relevant areas. Minimum two weeks holiday required for mustang lo manthang trekking
Mustang Lo Manthang trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Upper Mustang trekking / Mustang Lo Manthang trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and prepare for the Mustang trekking because this day is required to make Mustang special trekking permit with original passport. Overnight at kathmandu .
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara 915m. by tourist bus or by flight. overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 04: Pokhra to Jomsom 2720m,by flight and trek to Kagbeni 2810m.walk approximately 2-3 hours .
Day 05: Kagbeni trek to Chele 3050m.walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Chele trek to Geling 3500m.walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 07: Geling trek to Tsarang/Chharang 3620m.walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 08: Tsarang/Chharang trek to Lo Manthang 3840m .walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 09: Acclimataization or Rest day in Lo-Manthang. During this, you can make sightseeing or excursion tour around Mustang King palace and monasteries.
Day 10: Lo Manthang trek to Ghami 3545m. via Gekar.walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 11: Ghami trek to Samar 3356m . Owalk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 12: Samar trek to Kagbeni .walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 13: Kagbeni trek to Marpha (2567m) walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 14: Marpha trek to Ghasa (2013m) walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day 15: Ghasa trek to Tatopani (1179m) / Natural hot spring where you will enjoy with natural hot spring. walk approximatley 5-6 hours
Day16: Tatopani trek to Ghorepani (2855m) walk approximatley 6-7 hours
Day 17: Early in the morning HJT trekking guide will take to you Poon Hill 3210m for superb Himalayan scenery including the Dhaulagiri 8167m, Nilgiri 7041m, Fishtail/Machhapuchhare 6998m, Annapurna I 8091m, Annapurna II 7939m , Annapurna III7555m, Annapurna IV 7525m, Annapurna south 7219m, Hiunchuli 6441m, Lamjung Himal 6986m,Tukuche peak 6920m etc , breakfast at ghorepani and continue trek to Nayapul (867m) walk approximately 6-7 hours then by private vehicle drive to Pokhara (915m) drive approximatley 1 hour 30 minutes . ovenright at pokhara
Day 18: After breakfast, Pokhara to Kathmandu overland transportation by tourist bus . drive approximatley 5-6 hours , transfer to hotel and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant. overnight at Kathmandu
Day 19: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities ,Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward destination.
Trip Cost: USD $1950 Per person
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Kathmandu to pokhara overland transportation by tourist bus as mentioned in itinreary
- Tourist bus station to Pokhara hotel transfer by private vehicle as mentioed in itinerary
- Two night hotel accomodation in Pokhara on BB basis ( two star catagory hotel ) as mentioned in itinerary
- Pokhara hotel to domestic airport drop by private vehicle as mentioed in itinerary
- Pokhara jomsom flight ticket as metioed in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / Lodge entire the upper mustang trekking as mentined in itinerary
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Mustang Lo Manthang trekking permit
- Annapurna conservation area project permit (ACAP permit)
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Nayapul to Pokhara overland transportation by private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Pokhara Kathmandu overland transportation by tourist bus as mentioned in itinerary
- guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valey sightseeing tour with private vehilce as menioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.