Langtang Helambu trekking
Langtang Helambu trekking is one of the most popular trekking trail in Langtang Himalayan region. Langtang Helambu trekking is known as Langtang Gosainkunda Helambu trekking . Langtang Gosainkunda Helambu trekking offers an opportunity to explore ancient villages, a wide range of animals such as red pandas, pika, muntjac, musk deer, Himalayan black bear, Himalayan tahr, ghoral, serow, rhesus monkey and common langur, great Himalayan scenery of Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Gaurishanker, Ganesh Himal, Langshisa Ri, Gangchenpo, Yala peak, Naya kanga, Annapurna Himalaya range and relaxing with Tibetian sherpa culture. Langtang Helambu trek combines the remote and spectacular valley of Langtang, with the high mountain lake Known as Holy Gosainkund lake and Helambu valley. Langtang Gosainkunda Helambu valley trekking easily approached from Kathmandu is far less trekked than the Annapurna or Everest region making it all the more attractive. Trekking in Langtang Helambu valley is amazing life time adventure in Nepal . The Langtang valley, Helambu villages, over the holy Gosainkund lake and Laureebinaya pass, tibetian sherpa people with their slate and single-roofed villages, that dot the terraced hillsides, present make Langtang Helambu trekking more fantastic and one of the finest trekking in Nepal.
Langtang Gosainkunda Helambu trekking begins with 7 -8 hour drive to Syabru Bensi from kathmandu. Initially Langtang valley Gosainkunda trekking through a sub-tropical jungle, then a dense forest of oak, birch and pine before the valley opens out into alpine meadows and yak pastures. Autumn & Spring season is best time trekking in Langtang Gosainkunda Helambu valley but we Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition arrange around the year as per trekkers wish and desire . Tsekuri 4984m & Gosainkunda pass 4610m is one of best view point center of Langtang Gosainkunda Helambu valley treks so generate trekking itinerary accordingly but personalized/ customize trip will arrange as per trekkers holiday schedule. Minimum three weeks holidays required Trekking in Langtang Helambu valley but trekkers may extend their journeys in relevant areas. Minimum two weeks required for Langtang gosaikunda trekking but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange Langtang Helambu valley trekking as per travellers wish and holiday frame.
Langtang Helambu trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Langtang Helambu trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: Drive to Syabru Bensi (1450m) Drive approximately 7-8 hours
Day 03: Sybru bensi trek to Lama Hotel (2480m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04: Lama hotel trek to Langtang (3541m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 05: Langtang trek to Kyanjing Gompa (3900m) walk approximately 3 hours
Day 06: Acclimatization and explore day. During this day you can hike up to Kyanjin ri or Tseku ri for superb Himalayan scenery of Langtang lirung 7245m, Ganesh Himal 7406m, Naya khanga 5846m , Dorje lakpa 6988m, Gauri shanker 7145m, Gangchenpo 6387 m, yala paek 5500m or hike to Langtang Lirung base camp. overnight at Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 07: Kyanjin Gompa trek to Lama Hotel (2480m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 08: Lama hotel trek to Shybru village 2200m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 09: Shybru village trek to Singh Gompa (3584m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 10: Singh Gompa trek to Gosainkund lake (4381m)walk approximately 5 hours
Day 11: Gosainkund Lake via Gosainkunda pass / Lauribinaya pass 4610m trek to Ghopte (3440m)walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 12: Ghopte trek to Melamchi Gaon (2530m.)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 13: Melamchi Gaon trek to Tarkeghyang (2743m.)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 14: Tarkeghyang trek to Shermathang (2590m.)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 15: Shermathang trek to Melamchi Pul Bazaar (870m.)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 16: Melamchi Pul Bazaar to Kathmandu (1320m.) Drive approximately 4-5 hours , transfer to hotel. overnight at Kathmandu
Day 17: After breakfast, HJT tour guide will take to you historical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath temple: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 18: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Trip Cost: USD 1285 Per person
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Syabru Besi overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / Lodge as mentioned in itinerary
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Langtang National park trekking permit
- Melamchi pul bazaar to Kathmandu overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with tour guide as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu city tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.