Dolpo trekking is popular trekking trail in Nepal Himalaya. Dolpo region trekking has two different options Upper Dolpo trekking & Lower Dolpo trekking . Lower Dolpo trekking is popular trekking in Dolpo region nature lovers and adventure seekers. Dolpo trekking located on the isolated corner of Trans Himalayan Zone of Nepal. Trekking in Dolpo region gives an exposure to the High & Isolated Himalayan valleys, resembling the Tibetan highlands. Lower Dolpo trekking offer superb Himalayan views , beautiful landscape, lush valleys , Buddhist monasteries and mixed Nepalese culture, high passes, beautiful Lakes, isolated Buddhist monasteries and also to experience the vast array of wildlife inhabiting the region, including Blue sheep, Mountain Goat, Jackal, Wolf and the legendary Snow Leopard also it remains a truly isolated corner of Nepal Lower Dolpo Himalayan region which lies in the northwest remains one of the most remote places and is also known for its high mountain Lake Se- Phoksundo. Trekking in the Dolpo region has only been permitted since mid-1989. Trekking in Lower Dolpo proffers you the remarkable and worthwhile experience of lifetime and altitude ranges from 2500m to 5070m. Good physical fitness and minimum three weeks holidays required but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange personalized trekking service as per travelers wish and holiday frame.
Lower Dolpo trekking restricted trekking trail of Nepal required special trekking permit through government registered Nepal trekking agency. Minimum two person participant required for Lower Dolpo trek as per rule and regulation of Nepal. There are several approach routes to Dolpo from Pokhara, and Jumla. The journey begins with a 35 minutes flight from Nepalgunj to Juphal. From Dunai, the district headquarter & check-post the trek route continues along the banks of Barbung Khola to Tarakote, known locally as Dzong for its hilltop fortress. Proceeding along Tarap Khola through grassy meadows, Magar villages and their gompas, the highest point of the trek Numa La (5,190m) is reached, which affords a magnificent views of Dhaulagiri to the south and Tibetan ranges ¨C Kugung La and Khyung La to the north. Blue Sheep, musk Deer, Ghoral, snow Leopard, Tahr and black Bear inhibit the park. Ringmo is across the Baga La (5,070m), a pass surrounded by large glaciers and spiced rock cliffs. The first view of the lake¡¯s radiant turquoise-blue waters of Phoksundo set in a cleft between rocks that rise 2,000m into the clear mountain skies and the peaks of Kanjiroba is simply stupendous. The descending trail drops along Suli Gad river to Raha, the park entrance and finally to the hamlet of Juphal.
Dolpo trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Dolpo trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visitPashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of Kathmandu valley and prepare for the Lower Dolpo trekking because this day is required to make Lower Dolpo trekking permit with original passport. Overnight at Kathmandu .
Day 03: Fly, Katmandu to Nepalgunj & transfer to hotel
Day 04: Early morning, fly to Jumla and trek to Ghotichour (2700m).
Day 05: Ghotichaur to Chutra (2856)
Day 06: Chutra to Chaurikot (3000 m.)
Day 07: Chaurighot to Kaigaun (3245m)
Day 08: Kaigaun to Garpung Khola (3285m)
Day 09: Garpung Khola to Kagmara phedi (4645m)
Day 10: Kagmara phedi - Cross Kagmara pass (5115 m) to Pungmi Kharka
Day 11: Pungmi Kharka to Phoksumdo Lake (3600m)
Day 12: Rest at Phoksumdo Lake & excursion
Day 13: Phoksumdo Lake via Baga –la cross to Baga-La Phedi (5070m) forest camp
Day 14: Baga-La forest camp to Numla Phedi (4535m)
Day 15: Numla Phedi -Cross Numla (5190m) and trek to Tarap (4040m)
Day 16: Tarap to Dho (4020m)
Day 17: Dho to Big cave (3600m)
Day 18: Big cave to Lahini (3200m)
Day 19: Lahini to Tarakot (2800m)
Day 20: Tarakot to Dunai (2150m)
Day 21: Dunai to Juphal (2500m)
Day 22: Fly Juphal - Nepalgunj to Katmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 23: After breakfast, Relaxing or shopping with own activities than in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 24: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities ,Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward destination.
Trip Cost: USD $3285 Per person
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Four night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with HJT tour guide as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vechile as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Nepalgunj Kathmandu Flight .
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea House / Lodge entire the trekking as mentioned in itinerary
- One experinced trekking cook
- All your standard Meals prepared by our expert camping cook and kitchen team during the trek (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners).
- Tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek. (We will provide two man tents, dinning tents, kitchen gear, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower.)
- The required number of local staff, porters and Yaks or Jhopkey (Strong Animal similar to Yak) to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Flight fare from Kathmandu – Nepalgunj– Juphal – Nepalgunj - Kathmandu including airport departure taxes.
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Lower Dolpo trekking permit
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu / Pokhara stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.