Mera peak climbing
Mera peak climbing is one of the most popular peak climbing in Nepal Himalaya. Mera peak (6,654m) is one of the highest trekking peak in Nepal among the 33 trekking peaks categorized by Nepal mountaineering association . Mera peak expedition offer beautiful Himalayan views of Mount Everest 8848m, Mount Lhotse 8516m, Mount Makalu 8463m, Mount Cho Oyu 8201m with 26 snowy mountains of Everest region, lush valleys, Tibetan sherpa culture, Tibetan monasteries , & beautiful landscape. The first ascent of Mera Peak climbing was made by Col. Jimmy Roberts and Sen Tenzing on 20 May 1953 but Mera peak region was first explored by British expedition in early 50's before and after the ascent of mount Everest. We are only one trekking agency in Nepal who lead 43 climbers / mountaineers to Mera peak summit at once in 2008. March , April , September, October and November are best month for climbing Mera peak but we HJT arrange Mera peak climb according to mountaineers / trekkers wish and holiday schedule with Life time experience of Nepal Himalayas! Mera peak climbing is only one adventure trip in Nepal 5 above 8000m can be view from the Mera peak summit thus numerous mountaineers prefer / wish to climbing Mera peak.
Mera peak climbing commence from Lukla after 35 minute mountain flight from Kathmandu. After landed at Hilary Airport Lukla, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition climbing guide led you through the beautiful Tibetan Sherpa village, their tradition and beautiful green jungle while ascend to Mera La. Mera peak climb has two options either tea house / Lodge or camping / tented trip , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition arrange both options as per mountaineers wish and desire. HJT climbing guide will take to you continue through lush valleys, green jungle forest of Rhododendron, Bamboos, Jupiter to Khare then trail continue ascend to Mera peak base camp where our guide will make short training for climbing Mera peak. Next early morning HJT climbing guide will take to you Mera peak summit. For Mera peak climbing required physical fitness and normal climbing experience. Since Mera peak has been open for climbing numerous mountaineers/ Adventure seekers successfully reached the Mera peak through Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition team with lifetime experience
Mera peak climbing itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Mera peak climbing / Mera peak expedition briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, Leisure time in Kathmandu, relaxing/ shopping or excursion with activities and prepare for the Mera peak climbing.Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 03: After breakfast, Kathmandu by flight to Lukla. fly approximately 35 minutes
Day 04: Lukla trek to Chhutanga.3450m walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 05: Chhutanga trek to Thuli Kharka.4250mwalk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 06: Thuli kharka trek to Kothey 3634m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Kothey trek to Thangnag 4350m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 08: Thangnak trek to Khare 5025m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 09: Rest day at Khare for preparation Mera peak climbing.During this day Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's climbing guide will teach you how to fixed the rope, how to blay the rope, how ascend and descend, short training.
Day 10: Khare trek to Mera high camp 5750m.walk approximately 3-4 hours. O/N at tented camp
Day 11: Climb Mera Peak (6654m) and return to Khare.walk approximately 7-8 hours.
Day 12: Spare day for climbing in case of bad weather. During this day , if in case of difficult for summit the peak cause of the weather then HJT climbing guide will take to you for re summit the mera peak. walk approximately 7-8 hours.
Day 13: Return trek to Mousami Kharka.walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 14: Mousami kharka trek to Thuli Kharka.
Day 15: Thulikhara trek to Lukla.walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 16: Fly Lukla by flight back to Kathmandu. fly approximately 35 minute only. Transfer to Hotel. overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel .
Day 17:After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats.Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel
Day 18: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities ,Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward destination or if you have more holidays in Nepal , HJT will arrange any package tour, Chitwan jungle safari, Lumbini tour, Rafting as per travelers wish and holiday frame .
Trip Cost: e-mail us:-
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking & Mera peak climbing guide
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 380)
- Trekking / climbing guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter according to workers Union of Nepal)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / lodge & 3 days in tented camp during Mera peak expedition
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Mera peak climbing permit
- Mera peak climbing guide salary
- Mera peak garbage deposit
- Mera peak climbing equipments such as Rope( both main and fixed rope) Snow bar, Snow ice screw etc.
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- khumbu pasang lamu rural municipality entry permit
- Kathmandu domestic airport pick up & transfer to hotel
- Kathahmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathahmandu valley sightseeing tour with private car as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking / climbing guide Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Kathmandu Internatinal Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Mera peak climbing / Mera peak expedition is the most popular adventure peak climbing in Nepal & 5 above 8000m mountain can be view from the Mera peak summit.