Mt.Baruntse expedition is popular expedition in Makalu Himalaya region. Baruntse expedition is known as Baruntse peak climbing . Mount Baruntse 7129m is one of the beautiful 7,000m snow peaks in Nepal Himalayas. Mt. Baruntse is also one of the few peaks of this height with a high rate of success of ascent on normal route. Mount Baruntse expedition offer stunning Himalayan views of whole Everest and Makalu region as well mountaineers / adventure seekers relaxing with remote valley of Nepal. The approach to the mountain follows the Mera Peak trek up to Mera La and then to Baruntse base camp. (5,250m). Normally, we establish two camps above the Baruntse base camp for climbing Baruntse. The camp I is set up just below East Col. at an altitude of 5,700m and the Baruntse camp II is on the South – East Ridge at a height of 6,420m. From the Baruntse camp I, we cross East Col. and descend down through steep slopes. We then traverse a large snow plateau and move towards the bottom of the South – East Ridge. We then move through steeping slopes of the ridge to a small col, the site of the Baruntse camp II at the height of 6,420m. From Baruntse camp II, we climb steep snow slopes (45 degrees) and frequently pass a series of short steep steps of ice and snow until we reach the west side of the ridge. Then we past through short sections of rock scrambling which leads to a marked cleft and ice cliff and getting over these leads to the easy and broader slopes and finally, to 7,129m, the summit Baruntse . The descend is by the same climbing route. We Himalaya Journey Trekking and expedition arrange the Mt. Baruntse expedition according to mountaineers holiday schedule and wish.
Mt. Baruntse Expedition itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel, Mt. Baruntse expedition briefing with officially arrangements. overngiht at Kathmandu
Day 02: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc . overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 03: after breakfast, relaxing , shopping and prepare for the Mount Baruntse peak expedition. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 04: Kathamndu fly to Tumlingtar.
Day 05: Mane Bhanjyang. Overnight in lodge.
Day 06: Chichira. Overnight in lodge.
Day 07: Num. Overnight in lodge.
Day 08: Seduwa. Overnight in lodge.
Day 09: Tashi Gaon. Overnight in lodge.
Day 10: Kauma. Overnight in lodge.
Day 11: Dobato. Overnight in lodge.
Day 12: Jark Kharka. Overnight in lodge.
Day 13: Hillary base camp.
Day 14: Makalu base camp.
Day 15: Baruntse base camp.
Day 16-34: Climbing period Mt. Baruntse
Day 35: Yak Kharka. Overnight in lodge.
Day 36: Mumbuk. Overnight in lodge.
Day 37: Tashi Gaon. Overnight in lodge.
Day 38: Num. Overnight in lodge.
Day 39: Chichira. Overnight in lodge.
Day 40: Khandbari. Overnight in lodge.
Day 41: Tumlingtar. Fly back to Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel.
Day 42: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities and in the evening farewell dinner in nepalese restaurant. overnight at Kathmandu
Day 43: After breakfast, Relaxing or shopping then three hours before, Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition's airport reprensentative will drop to you Kathmandu International airport for onward journey.
Trip Cost: USD $6,885 Per person
Service Includes up to Base Camp
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 5 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before & after expedition).
- Schedule flight Ktm/Lukla/ktm for member, Liaison officer & Expedition staffs.
- Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp and back.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison Officer.
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for Base Camp.
- Food and fuel at Base Camp.
- Service of Government Liaison officer.
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Equipments allowance, daily wages of cook, kitchen boys & Liaison officer.
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer and porters.
- Mt. Baruntse expedition permit
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fee.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag for each member.
- Generator or Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee.
- Agency service charge.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport drop
Service does not include
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport at upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- High Tents above Base Camp.
- High altitude food and fuel above Base Camp.
- Oxygen & Mask and regulator (will be provided as per request).
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, communication equipment & commercial filming.
- International airport departure tax at Kathmandu Airport.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage deposit.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.