Mt. Shishapangma expedition
Mt. Shishapangma expedition is most popular expedition in Tibet. Shishapangma expedition offer superb Himalayan views of Mount Everest, Mt. Cho Oyu , Gurla Mandata, Lhakpa Ri etc, beautiful valleys, Potala palace & Tibetan monasteries. Mount Shishapangma 8103 is 14th above eight thousand mountain in the world. Mt. Shishapangma mountaineering is considered one of the easy 8000 meter peaks with high rate of success for climbing in Tibet but climbing skills & good physical fitness is required for Shishapangma climbing. Spring & summer season is best time for Mount Shishapangma expedition but we Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition arrange around the year as per mountaineers wish & holiday schedule. We arrange both the logistic support to ABC and fully guided climbing on Shishapangma expedition. Since Shishapangma expedition has been open by Tibet mountaineering association numerous mountaineers successfully climbed this mountain.
Mt. Shishapangma Expedition itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathamndu 1334m, transfer to hotel Mt. Shishapangma Expedition briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02-03: After breakfast, excursion around Kathmandu valley, our representative will procedure for Mount Shishapangma expedition permit and preparation for Mount Shishapanga . overnight at Kathamndu
Day 04: Drive to Kodari, Transfer to Zhangmu (2300M.) hotel
Day 05: Drive Nylam 3750m. Over night at hotel
Day 06: Nylam rest for acclimatization
Day 07: Drive to Chanise Base camp
Day 08: Rest & prepare load for ABC
Day 09: Trek to ABC
Day 10-34: Climbing Period Shishapangama
Day 35: Drive to Tingri
Day 36: Drive to Zhangmu
Day 37: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 38-39: After breakfast, HJT tour guide will take to you historical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 40: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities than Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition airport representative will drop to you Kathmandu international airport for onward destination.
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 6 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before and after the expedition)
- Schedule flight & overland transportation for member, Liaison officer & Expedition staffs.
- Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp & back.
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for BC.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison officer.
- Food and fuel at Base Camp.
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Service of Government Liaison officer.
- 4 Oxygen bottles per member with mask and regulator for expedition use (Poisk Oxygen System).
- 2 Oxygen for climbing Sherpa.
- Equipments allowance, wages of cook, kitchen boy and Liaison officer.
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer and porters.
- Mt. Shishapangma expedition permit
- Mt. Shishapangma expedition route permit fee
- 1 high altitude Sherpa per climber to carry all food & gear to higher camps. Also assist the member during climb & summit attempt.
- Common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- High altitude food.
- High altitude fuel.
- High altitude tents.
- Per Person 60 KG. Expedition equipment's luggage or, barrels allowed for expedition till Base Camp.
- Per Person 40 KG. Expedition equipment's luggage or, barrels is allowed for returned to Kathmandu.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag or, Barrel for each member.
- Generator or, Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee.
- Agency service charge.
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathamndu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport drop
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, Walkie-Talkies, Communication equipment & commercial filming.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges and commercial filming.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage deposit fee.
Summit Bonus: Camp 8300m. = USD 1000 & over 8300m. to summit= USD 500 = 1500 USD extra payable for climbing Sherpa on the spot.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Mt. Shishapangma expedition is popular expedition in Tibet with most popular Himalayan vistas of Mt. Everest & Cho Oyu.