Mt. Pumori Expedition
Mt. Pumori expedition 7161m is generally considered to be technically challenging and requires climbers to be experienced as well as in faultless physical condition. Pumori Expedition is the most popular mountain for those who wish to climb 7000m peaks in the Himalayas of Nepal. Mt. Pumori Expedition offers one of the best view of Mt. Everest and whole Everest region’s mountains. Mt. Pumori was climbed by German Swiss expedition in 1964. The name Pumori means unmarried daughter in the Sherpa language. Mt. Pumori mountaineering is ideal preparation for those wishing to tackle Mt Everest or the more technical 8000m peaks of Nepal.
Pumori expedition commence after 30 minutes mountain flight from kathmandu to Lukla . The trekking trails ascend till Gorakshep the last tea house of Everest region near by Everest base camp then Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition’s climbing guide will take to you Mt. Pumori base camp. Normally, Mountaineering in Pumori three camps are set in the approach above the Pumori base camp. The normal route for the Mt. Pumori climbing is South East Ridge.For Pumori expedition the Pumori Base camp will be set up at 5300m. We climb through the glaciers for approx. 4 hours and reach Pumori Camp 1 at 5700m. From Pumori Camp 1, we climb 480m. on the face with 40-60 degrees slope and pass through a snow wall to reach camp 2 at 6200m. on a narrow ridge. From camp 2, we climb approx. 450m. through ice with 30-60 degrees slopes passing through ice walls and crevasses. This section is prone to avalanches from big seracs hanging on the shoulder above. Camp 3 will be set up at an altitude of 6480m. on the ridge . Passing through crevasses, we climb up to Pumori cliff and then to the summit mount pumori. After successfully summit Pumori then trail return same to till lukla then by fly back to Kathamndu.
Mt. Pumori itinerary for 2021/2022:
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel, Mt.Pumori expedition briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 02: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseing in kathmandu valley such as Bhaktapur, Pasupatinath, Boudhhanath, Kathmandu durbar square and Monkey temple(swyambhunath) and in the evening farewell dinner in Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 03: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities and prepartion for Pumori expedition. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 04: After breakfast, Kathmandu fly to Lukla (2800m), trek to Phakding (2640m). Overnight at
Day 05: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 06: Namche Bazaar acclimatization day.( During the day , you can hike to Thame for beautiful Himalayan views, wild animals and Tibetan Monastery or hike to Everest view hotel for superb views of Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m) ,island peak (6179m), Khumbila (God of Khumbu) 5761m etc , overnight at Namche Bazaar
Day 07: Namche Bazaar trek to Khumjung (3890m).
Day 08: Khumjung village trek to Tengboche Monastery (3867m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Dingboche (4347m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Lobuche (4900m). Overnight at.
Day 11: Lobuche, acclimatization day.
Day 12: Pumori Base Camp.
Day 13-29: Climbing Period Mt. Pumori.
Day 30: Cleaning up Base Camp.
Day 31: Trek to Dingboche. Overnight in lodge.
Day 32: Trek to Namche bazaar. Overnight in lodge.
Day 33: Namche bazaar trek to Lukla
Day 34: Lukla by fly back to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 35: After breakfast, Relaxing or shopping then three hours before, Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition's airport reprensentative will drop to you Kathmandu International airport for onward journey.
Trip Cost: email@example.com
Service Includes (2021/2022):
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 5 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before & after expedition).
- Schedule flight Ktm/Lukla/ktm for member, Liaison officer & Expedition staffs.
- Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp and back.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison Officer.
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for Base Camp.
- Food and fuel at Base Camp.
- Service of Government Liaison officer.
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Equipments allowance, daily wages of cook, kitchen boys & Liaison officer.
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer and porters.
- Mt. Pumori expedition permit
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fee.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag for each member.
- Generator or Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee.
- Agency service charge.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport drop
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport at upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- High Tents above Base Camp.
- High altitude food and fuel above Base Camp.
- Oxygen & Mask and regulator (will be provided as per request).
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, communication equipment & commercial filming.
- International airport departure tax at Kathmandu Airport.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage deposit.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Mt. Pumori expedition is one of the challenging expedition in Nepal Himalaya . Good physical fitness and climbing experienced required for climbing pumori.