Mt. Nuptse Expedition
Mt. Nuptse expedition is challenging expedition in Nepal Himalayas. Nuptse climbing offer beautiful Himalayan views of Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m & other more then two dozens mountains of Everest region trekking trails. Mt. Nuptse (7855m) beautiful mountain peak in Nepal situated in the Khumbu Himal just south-west of Mount Everest. Mount Nuptse was first ascended by British national-Dennis Davis and Nepali national- Sherpa Tashi on the north-ridge (Scott-route) on May 16, 1961. Mount Nuptse expedition emerge as a massive wall guarding Mount Everest when it is viewed from the Thangboche Monastery. The name 'Nup-tse' is originated from the Tibetan language meaning ''west-peak''. The main ridge, Lhotse-Nuptse massive is joint to Lhotse by a 7556m high saddle made up of 7 peaks and goes west-northwest. Nuptse's south-face is 2500m high and 5 kilometers wide. The west-face of the peak is dropped down more than 2300m to the Khumbu-glacier. The main summit received only two visits till September 1996. Slovenian climbing legend Janez Jeglic and fellow countrymen Tomaz Humar ascended Nuptse's 8000 foot West Face in October 1997. The dramatic south face with 7000 feet of vertical relief boasts the South Pillar. Since Mount Nuptse expedition has been open numerous mountaineers successfully summit this peak. Mt. Nuptse expedition commence from Lukla after 35 minutes mountain flight from Kathmandu. .
Mt. Nuptse expedition itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathamndu 1334m, transfer to hotel Mt. Nuptse Expedition briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at kathmandu..
Day 02: After breakfast, excursion around Kathmandu valley, Leisure time in Kathmandu. overnight at Kathamndu
Day 04: After breakfast, excursion around Kathmandu valley, our representative will procedure for Mount Nuptse expedition permit and preparation for Mount Nuptse . overnight at Kathamndu
Day 05: Fly to Lukla (2800m) and trek to Phakding (2640m). Overnight at
Day 06: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Khumjung (3790m). Overnight at
Day 08: Khumjung, acclimatization day.
Day 09: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3867m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Dingboche (4347m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Lobuche (4900m). Overnight at.
Day 12: Lobuche, acclimatization day.
Day 13: Trek to Base Camp.
Day 14-46: Climbing Period Mt. Nuptse.
Day 47: Cleaning up Base Camp.
Day 48: Trek to Dingboche. Overnight in lodge.
Day 49: Trek to Khumjung.
Day 50: Trek to Phakding.
Day 51: Trek to Lukla. Overnight in lodge.
Day 52: Fly to Kathmandu. Transfer to your hotel.
Day 53: After breakfast, HJT tour guide will take to you historical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 54: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities than Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition airport representative will drop to you Kathmandu international airport for onward destination.
Trip Cost: USD $11,850 Per person
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 5 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before & after expedition).
- Schedule flight Ktm/Lukla/ktm for member, Liaison officer & Expedition staffs.
- Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp and back.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison Officer.
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for Base Camp.
- Food and fuel at Base Camp.
- Service of Government Liaison officer.
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Equipments allowance, daily wages of cook, kitchen boys & Liaison officer.
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer and porters.
- Mt. Nuptse expedition permit
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fee.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag for each member.
- Generator or Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee.
- Agency service charge.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport drop
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport at upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- High Tents above Base Camp.
- High altitude food and fuel above Base Camp.
- Oxygen & Mask and regulator (will be provided as per request).
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, communication equipment & commercial filming.
- International airport departure tax at Kathmandu Airport.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage deposit.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.