Mt. Makalu Expedition
Mt. Makalu expedition is challenging and difficult mountaineering in Nepal. Makalu expedition offer beautiful Himalayan views including Mount Everest 8848m, Mount Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m with other 19 mountains peaks of different Himalayan range, beautiful landscape, lush valley etc. Mount Makalu 8463m is 6th highest mountain in the world. Mt. Makalu (8,463m / 27,767ft) (The Great Black One) was first climbed by the French in 1955 led by Jean Franco ..Mount Makalu is Situated between Everest and Kanchanjunga, on the Nepali-Tibetan border. Makalu climbing has several routes on the mountain as many as five but our climbing guide will take to Mount Makalu expedition through safety way to reach the your destination.
Makalu expedition begins at Tumlingtar after an hour flight from Kathmandu. Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition’s climbing guide led through the beautiful valley above the Arun river. Mount Makalu Base Camp at approximately 5100 meters than ascend via the Northwest Ridge establishing 4 high camps on the mountain. Our strong team /climbing guide will fix ropes as required for mountaineering the Mount Maklau. Depending on your fitness, you wil be moving up and down the mountain several times, acclimatizing and stocking the higher camps. Autumn & spring season is best time for Makalu climbing but we Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition arrange as per mountaineers wish and holiday schedule.
Mt.Makalu Expedition itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, transfer to hotel, Mt. Makalu expedition briefing with official arrangements. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 02: After breakfast, Mt.Makalu expedition briefing and officially arrangement. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 03: After breakfast, shopping or renting climbing equipments and prepare for Mt.Makalu expedition. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 04: Fly to Tumlingtar. Trek to Khadbari (1040m). Overnight in lodge
Day 05: Bhotebas (1730m). Overnight lodge / camp.
Day 06: Chichiara. Overnight lodge / camp.
Day 07: Num. Overnight in lodge / camp.
Day 08: Kuwapani (1560m). Overnight lodge / camp.
Day 09-10: Tashi Goan (2100m).Rest day for acclimatization and change porters.
Day 11: Kauma (3760m). Overnight in camp.
Day 12: Dobato (3700m). Overnight in camp.
Day 13: Nebe Kharka (4320m).. Overnight in camp.
Day 14: Sherson (4630m). Overnight in camp.
Day 15: Makalu base camp.
Day 16: Higher camp.
Day 17-49: Climbing Period Mt. Makalu.
Day 50: Cleaning up Base Camp.
Day 51: Yak Kharka.
Day 52: Mumbuk. Overnight in lodge.
Day 53: Tashi Goan. Overnight in lodge.
Day 54: Nun. Overnight in lodge.
Day 55: Chichira. Overnight in lodge.
Day 56: Khandbari. Overnight in lodge.
Day 57: Tumlingtar and fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 58: After breakfast, Himalaya Journey tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the best Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 59: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Trip Cost: USD $24,850 Per person
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 6 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before and after the expedition). Itinerary A
- 6 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before and after the expedition). Itinerary B
- Schedule flight KTM/Lukla/KTM for member, Liaison officer & Expedition staffs.
- Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp & back.
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for BC.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison officer.
- Food and fuel at Base Camp.
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Service of Government Liaison officer.
- 4 Oxygen bottles per member with mask and regulator for expedition use (Poisk Oxygen System).
- 2 Oxygen for climbing Sherpa.
- Equipments allowance, wages of cook, kitchen boy and Liaison officer.
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer and porters.
- Peak Permit fee of Mt. Everest.
- Khumbu Ice Fall route fee.
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fee.
- 1 high altitude Sherpa per climber to carry all food & gear to higher camps. Also assist the member during climb & summit attempt.
- Common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- High altitude food.
- High altitude fuel.
- High altitude tents.
- Per Person 60 KG. Expedition equipment's luggage or, barrels allowed for expedition till Base Camp.
- Per Person 40 KG. Expedition equipment's luggage or, barrels is allowed for returned to Kathmandu.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag or, Barrel for each member.
- Generator or, Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee.
- Agency service charge.
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Hotel after 6 night stay in Kathmandu. Itinerary A
- Hotel after 5 night stay in Kathmandu. Itinerary B
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, Walkie-Talkies, Communication equipment & commercial filming.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges and commercial filming.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage deposit fee.
Summit Bonus: Camp 8300m. = USD 1000 & over 8300m. to summit= USD 500 = 1500 USD extra payable for climbing Sherpa on the spot.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.