Mt. Dhaulagiri expedition
Mt. Dhaulagiri expedition is challenging expedition in Nepal. Mt. Dhaulagiri is 9th highest mountain in the world. Dhaulagiri expedition offers a nice trek of Around Dhaulagiri, Dhaulagiri pass trekking, Dhaulagiri circuit in Annapurna region. Mount Dhaulagiri expedition take to you heart of the Annapurna region including beautiful Himalayan views of Annapurna , Dhaulagiri & Manaslu region. Normally, four camps will be set up for climbing Dhaulagiri mountaineering. Advance Dhaulagiri base camp will be set up at 5,300m. Which is used for depositing the stuff and not as camping due to avalanche danger. Camp I will be set up at 5,900m. on the Col. which requires climbing towards the east from the Advance Dhaulagiri Base Camp. Dhaulagiri Camp II will be fixed at 6,400m. Which will require stretches of steep climbing. From Dhaulagiri Camp II, we climb towards west side with steep climbing and arrive Dhaulagiri Camp III at 7,200m. We then climb towards the East Ridge. When we get over the ridge, we will have to be very careful climbing over the ridge and probably, we will have to face strong wind while climbing and arrive at Dhaulagiri Camp IV, 7,500m. The climbing of this section is considered the most difficult in the expedition. Then we will push the summit and return to Dhaulagiri Camp III if everything goes well as planned. If we could not approach the summit from Dhaulagiri Camp IV due to bad weather or other reasons, we will have to fix bivouac at 7,900m.and next day try to push to the summit.
Mt. Dhaulagiri expedition commence from Beni after 4 hours drive from Pokhara. Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition's climbing guide take to you through the beautiful valley of Tatapani, Ghasa, Marpha, Yak Kharka, Dhaulagiri base camp and eventually summit the Mt. Dhaualgiri summit. Autumn & Spring season is best time for Dhaualgiri mountaineering but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange as per mountaineers wish & holiday schedule. Good physical fitness and climbing skill required for Dhaulagiri climbing. minimum 8 weeks required for Dhaulagiri expedition. Since Dhaulagiri expedition has been open for mountaineering , we Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition successfully attempt numerous groups to summit.
Mt. Dhaulagiri Expedition itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, transfer to hotel, Dhaulagiri expedition briefing with officially arrangements, overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: Leisure time in Kathmandu valley for shopping or renting the Dhaulagiri expedition equipments. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 03: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities and prepare for the Dhaulagiri expedition. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 04: After breakfast, Kathmadu by private bus /van drive to Beni. overnight at Beni
Day 05: Tatopani (1189m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 06: Ghasa (2012m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 07: Tukuche (2591m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 08: Marpha (2667m). Change porters.
Day 09: Yak Kharka
Day 10: French Col
Day 11: Dhaulagiri Base Camp
Day 12-49: Mt. Dhaulagiri expedition period
Day 50: Clean up Base Camp
Day 51: Dhampus Col
Day 52: Marpha. Overnight in lodge.
Day 53: Jomsom. Overnight in lodge.
Day 54: Fly Jomsom / Pokhara / Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel.
Day 55: After breakfast, Himalaya Journey tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the best Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 56: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Trip Cost: USD $22,500 Per person
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 6 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before and after the expedition)
- Kathmandu pokhara Jomsom schedule flight & overland transportation for member, Liaison officer & Expedition staffs.
- Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp & back.
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for BC.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison officer.
- Food and fuel at Base Camp.
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Service of Government Liaison officer.
- 4 Oxygen bottles per member with mask and regulator for expedition use (Poisk Oxygen System).
- 2 Oxygen for climbing Sherpa.
- Equipments allowance, wages of cook, kitchen boy and Liaison officer.
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer and porters.
- Mt. Dhaulagiri expedition permit
- Mt. Dhaulagiri expedition route permit fee
- Annaurna conservation area project fee ( ACAP Permit)
- 1 high altitude Sherpa per climber to carry all food & gear to higher camps. Also assist the member during climb & summit attempt.
- Common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- High altitude food.
- High altitude fuel.
- High altitude tents.
- Per Person 60 KG. Expedition equipment's luggage or, barrels allowed for expedition till Base Camp.
- Per Person 40 KG. Expedition equipment's luggage or, barrels is allowed for returned to Kathmandu.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag or, Barrel for each member.
- Generator or, Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee.
- Agency service charge.
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathamndu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport drop
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Hotel after 6 night stay in Kathmandu.
- Hotel after 5 night stay in Kathmandu
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, Walkie-Talkies, Communication equipment & commercial filming.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges and commercial filming.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage deposit fee.
Summit Bonus: Camp 8300m. = USD 1000 & over 8300m. to summit= USD 500 = 1500 USD extra payable for climbing Sherpa on the spot.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.