Mt. Cho Oyu expedition
Mt. Cho Oyu expedition is popular expedition among the 8000m . Cho Oyu expedition offer beautiful Himalayan views of Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Lhotse 8516, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Shishapangma 8013m with more then two dozen mountains of Nepal & Tibet. Mt.Cho Oyu, the world's 9th highest mountain at 8,201 meters, lies on the Nepal/Tibet border. Interested in seeing how you do above 8000 meters? There is no better testing ground, ease of access and ease of route means that you can save your energy for the climbing. The North West Face, now considered the normal route, is fairly straight forward, with only a couple hundred meters requiring fixed rope. The success rate on Cho Oyu is higher than any other 8000 meter peak, don't be fooled though, it is still hard - requiring three camps, including one at 7500 meters. Camp one can usually be reached without climbing on snow. Advanced base camp offers a terrific view over the Nangpa La to Nepal and the Khumbu valley.
Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition has catered the needs of mountaineers climbing Cho Oyu Expedition/Mountaineering in a professional and committed manner. Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m is the most popular 8000 meter peak for climbing in Nepal & Tibet Cho Oyu expedition would be the best choice for the mountaineers who want to stand on the summit of 8000 meter peak due to its straight forward climbing with minimal objective danger and less technically demanding. Climbing on Cho Oyu has the higher rate of success than any other 8000 meter peaks in Nepal & Tibet. We arrange both the logistic support to ABC and fully guided cimbing on Cho Oyu mountaineering . A short sightseeing tour can be arranged before proceeding to the climbing on Cho Oyu. From Cho Oyu base camp , we trek to the advance base camp at 5,700m . We climb through steep moraines to a shoulder at 6,400m where cam I is set up. From here we climb up through the ridge and fix rope to climb a 50m high serac barrier split by a ramp to set up the Cho oyu camp II at about 7,000m. Climbing Cho Oyu becomes easier and places our Cho Oyu camp III at 7,500m on the North West face. Cho Oyu summit is a long way at the far end with huge snow fields.
Mt. Cho Oyu expedition itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu ,transfer hotel Mt. Cho Oyu expedition briefing with official arrangments. overnight at Kathmandu
Day 02: Preparing for Cho Oyu expedition & apply Tibet visa
Day 03: Prepare expedition - Cho Oyu expedition briefing in details
Day 04: Drive to Kodari and Zhangmu in hotel
Day 05: Drive Zhangmu to Nyalam2750m. hotel
Day 06: Acclimatization/ day hiking uphill-hotel
Day 07: Drive Nyalam to Tingri4340meter-hotel
Day 08: Acclimatization/ day hiking uphill-hotel
Day 09: Drive Cho Oyu base camp 5000m.-camp
Day 10: Rest Cho Oyu base camp 5000 m.- camp
Day 11: Prepared load to yak for trek ABC- camp
Day 12: Base camp -Middle camp with yak-camp
Day 13: Middle.. – Cho Oyu A.B.C5700m.-camp
Day 14-40 Mt. Cho Oyu Climbing 8201m.period
Day 41: Trek Cho Oyu ABC to - base camp- camp
Day 42: Drive from base camp to Zhangmu -hotel
Day 43: Drive from Zhangmu to Kathmandu-hotel
Day 44: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 45: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities than Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition airport representative will drop to you Kathmandu international airport for onward destination or if you have time to stay in Nepal trip will arrange accordingly such as Chitwan jungle safari tour, Lumbini Pokhara Nagarkot tour , Rafting etc.
Trip Cost: USD $13,500 Per person
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 6 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before and after the expedition)
- Schedule flight & overland transportation for member, Liaison officer & Expedition staffs.
- Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp & back.
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for BC.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison officer.
- Food and fuel at Base Camp.
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Service of Government Liaison officer.
- 4 Oxygen bottles per member with mask and regulator for expedition use (Poisk Oxygen System).
- 2 Oxygen for climbing Sherpa.
- Equipments allowance, wages of cook, kitchen boy and Liaison officer.
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer and porters.
- Mt. Cho Oyu expedition permit
- Mt. Cho Oyu expedition route permit fee
- 1 high altitude Sherpa per climber to carry all food & gear to higher camps. Also assist the member during climb & summit attempt.
- Common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- High altitude food.
- High altitude fuel.
- High altitude tents.
- Per Person 60 KG. Expedition equipment's luggage or, barrels allowed for expedition till Base Camp.
- Per Person 40 KG. Expedition equipment's luggage or, barrels is allowed for returned to Kathmandu.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag or, Barrel for each member.
- Generator or, Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee.
- Agency service charge.
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathamndu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport drop
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, Walkie-Talkies, Communication equipment & commercial filming.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges and commercial filming.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage deposit fee.
Summit Bonus: Camp 8300m. = USD 1000 & over 8300m. to summit= USD 500 = 1500 USD extra payable for climbing Sherpa on the spot.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.