Mt. Gangapurna Expedition
Gangapurna Expedition is one of the famous and beauty and excellent mountain in Nepal. Mt. Gangapurna Expedition (7,454m) is located at Annapurna region between Annapurna III and Tilicho peak. Mt. Gangapurna was first climbed in 1965 by a German expedition led by Günther Hauser, via the East Ridge. Mount Gangapurna expedition offers superb Himalayan views of Mt. Manaslu 8163m, Annapurna I 8091m, Mt. Annapurna II 7937m, Annapurna III 7555m, Annapurna IV 7525m, , Tilicho peak 7134m, Pisang peak 6091m , Chulu west peak 6419m, Chulu east peak, Thorung peak etc, beautiful landscape, lush valleys, mixed culture. Since Mt. Gangapurna expedition has been open numerous mountaineers summit this peak.
Gangapurna expedition starts from Besisahar in the Valley of the Marsyangdi River . The trail leads you through vastly contrasting flora & fauna towards the majestic peak of Mt. Manaslu and Lamjung Himal. A major intersection of the trail meets at Dharapani while trekking through Larkya La. The Massif of Manang valley is really rich in unique culture and landscapes infact the Annapurna and Damodar peaks dominate the valley.. A technical section takes you to a place from where you can catch the entire panorama of the Annapurna Himalaya Range . The trail then ascends from the Manang valley to reach the top of the Thorong Pass at 5416m. After this you have a chance to visit the famous temple of Muktinath . The final part of the trek takes you to Jomsom from where a flight transports you across the great Himalayas to Pokhara or you can continue make trekking through Ghorepani poon hill than Pokhara
Mt. Gangapurna Expedition itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition’s airport representative will pick up you from Kathmandu International airport – transfer to hotel and Mt. Gangapurna Expedition briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu hotel.
Day 02: After breakfast, excursion around Kathmandu valley, our representative will procedure for Mount Gangapurna expedition permit and preparation for Mount Gangapurna. overnight at Kathamndu
Day 03: Katmandu by bus to Beshishar (823m) .Drive approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04: Beshishar trek to Bahundada (1311m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 05: Bahundada trek to Jagat (1314m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Jagat trek to Dharapani (1943m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Dharapani trek to Chame (2713m) walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 08: Chame trek to Pisang (3185m) walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 09: Pisang trek to Hunde (3346m) walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 10: Hunde trek to Gangapurna base camp walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 11-23: Climbing Period Gangapurna (7,454m).
Day 24: Base Camp cleaning.
Day 25:Gangapurna base camp trek to Manang (3540m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 26:Manang trek to Yak kharka (4210m) walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 27:Yak kharka trek to Thorung phedi (4640m)/ Thorung High camp (4800m) walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 28:Thorung phedi (4640m)/ Thorung High camp (4800m) via Thorung La(5416m) trek to Muktinath .(3802m) walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 29:In the morning Muktinath Temple excursion and trek to Jomsom (2568m) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 30:Jomsom by flight back to Pokhara (915m). flight approximately 25 minutes . overnight at Pokhara
Day 31: Pokhara by tourist bus or by flgiht back to Kathmandu. Drive approximately 5-6 hours. flight approximately 35 minutes. transfer to hotel Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 32: After breakfast, HJT tour guide will take to you historical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visitPashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 33: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities than Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition airport representative will drop to you Kathmandu international airport for onward destination.
Trip Cost: email@example.com
- Airport pick up and drop
- All land transportation: Airport /Hotel/Airport, trekking, expedition pick up & drop.
- 5 Nights Accommodation in Kathmandu at a tourist class Hotel on bed & breakfast plan as per given itinerary.
- Transport as per itinerary for members, staff and Liaison Officer.
- Transportation of all food and climbing equipments to base camp and back.
- Gangapurna expedition permit fee/Royalty
- Full board basis veg/ non veg meal during the trekking prepared by expert trekking cook
- All kitchen equipments; kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent, chairs and tables at the base camp.
- Cook and Kitchen boys at the base camp.
- Base camp tents for members and staff.
- Per Person 45 KG. Equipment’s luggage / barrels allowed till to Base Camp.
- Equipment allowance, wages and insurance for base camp staff and Liaison Officer.
- Annapurna Conservation Area project Fee( ACAP Permit)
- Trekkers Information Management system card( TIMS card)
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu overland transportation by tourist bus.
- Office Service charge.
- Insurance for Nepalese staff.
- Trekking/ climbing Guide, , porters salary, fares and taxes.
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Airport drop
Service does not include:
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & pokhara .
- Airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee. (Can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Hotel after 5 Nights stay in Kathmandu.
- Service above Base Camp.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp.
- Walki -Takie permit & Satellite phone permit.
- Oxygen & Mask -regulator for climbing.
- Climbing Guide (Sherpa)
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, etc.
- International airport departure tax & tourist tax.
- Tips and climbing bonus.
- Garbage deposit US $ 2000.00 for a team. After expedition deposit will be refundable.
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Gangapurna expedition is known as Mt. Gangapurna expedition is challenging expedition in Annapurna trekking trails. Good physical fitness and climbing experience required for Gangapurna peak climbing and spring is best seasion for climbing Gangapurna.