Tibet Namtso Lake trekking
Tibet Namtso Lake trekking in popular trekking route in Tibet. Namtso lake trekking offer beautiful Namtso lake , Holy Kailash, Potala palace, Jhokhang temple, Tibetan monasteries, beautiful landscape. Tibet Namtso lake is known as the "Heavenly Lake" is the largest salt water lake in Tibet. Namtso Lake is located near Damxung. 4718 meters (15475 feet) above sea level and covering 1900 square kilometers (735 square miles) and the second largest saltwater lake in China. The snow capped Mt. Nyainqentanglha, considered as the son of Namtso and leader of sacred mountains, soars up to sky beside her. Singing streams converge into the clean sapphire blue lake, which looks like a huge mirror framed and dotted with flowers. Namtso lake is the third holiest lakes in Tibet, the Namtso Lake is the seat of Paramasukha Chakrasamvara for Buddhist pilgrims. In the fifth and sixth month of the Tibetan calendar each year, many Buddhists come to the lake pay homage and pray. Trekking in Namtso lake one week. On the four sides of the lake stand four monasteries, which have Buddhist meanings. By the lake there are also two standing stone pillars, each rising 30 meters and eight meters apart. One has a crack large enough to hold a single person inside. Some Tibetans believe it is the Gate God of the Namtso Lake.
Tibet Namtso lake trek on Tibet New Year, because Thousands of pilgrims travel a long way to worship here on the Tibetan New Year. For Namtso lake trekking tour, Himalaya Journey trekking professional will take you not only just to visit but also live alongside the nomads and understand and take part in their daily activities. As the trek involves going across high altitude at an average altitude of 15,000 ft, we also have yaks to ride on for those who get tired. schedule. The best season for trekking in Nam Tso Lake is late May to September , however you must be prepared at all times for wet weather, snow and cold winds. It is a very remote region so we should carry camping, kitchen equipments and other provision for the entire trekking part. Himalaya Journey Trekking & Expedition arrange the Namtso lake trekking from Nepal Kodari border to Lhasa or Kathmandu flight to Lhasa than continue for namtso lake trekking and for the travelers /trekkers who has desire from directly chengdu, Beijing to Lhasa than continue to Heavenly lake will be also operate according to clients holiday.
Tibet Namtso lake trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Flight to Lhasa from Kathmandu/ Chengdu / Beijing, transfer to hotel, Namtso lake trekking briefing with officially arrangments.
Day 02: The first day of sightseeing starts from Lhasa's cardinal landmark- Potala Palace, a structure of massive portions. Its towering image already appearing on various occasions, but your first sight of the Potala will still be an awe-inspiring moment. It takes at least a good 2-hour to visit those rooms, halls and chapels In the afternoon, we will drop a visit of the JokhangTemple, the spiritual center of Tibet. Everyday, pilgrims from every corner of Tibet trek a long distance to the temple. The temple is the product of Han, Tibetan and Nepalese architectural techniques. Then we will visit Barkhor, the oldest street in a very traditional city in Tibet
Day 03: About 8 km west of central Lhasa is the Drepung, once world's largest monastery with about 10,000 monks. This day's sightseeing begins with these white monastic buildings piled up on the hillside. Walking up to the hill is a pleasant thing, an easy break from the solemn ambience inside the halls and chapels. At the plat roof of hillside, you can have very good views of the whole Lhasa city and the distant mountains. Drepung is one of Lhasa's two great Gelugpa monasteries, the other is Sera. Around 5km north of central Lhasa, Sera may not be as grandiose as Drepung, but is more serene surrounded by many small temples. The 'Buddhism Scriptures Debating' in Sera is very famous.
Day 04: Drive to Damshung
Day 05- 07: Trekking activities
Day 08: Trek to Tash-do
Day 09- 10: Trekking activities
Day 11: Trek to Damshung
Day 12: Drive to Reting
Day 13: Reting
Day 14: Drigong
Day 15: Lhasa
Day 16: After breakfast, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's airport representative will drop to you Lhasa Gongar airport for onward journeys
Trip Cost: [email protected]
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder tour Guide.y
- hotel accomodation & tented / camping accomodation entire the Namtso lake trekking on BB basis( tourist standard category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Tibet Lhasa sightseeing tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Tibet Lhasa sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- sightseeing entrance for Tibet Lhasa tour
- Tibet travel permit as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Tour guide, and driver)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Kathmandu intetrtnational Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket & Kathmandu Lhasa Kathmandu flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Tibet Namtso Lake trekking in popular trekking route in Tibet. Namtso lake trekking offer beautiful Namtso lake , Holy Kailash, Potala palace, Jhokhang temple, Tibetan monasteries, beautiful landscape. Tibet Namtso lake is known as the "Heavenly Lake"