Sikkim Sandakphu trekking
Sikkim Sandakphu trekking is one of the most popular trekking trail in Sikkim. Sikkim Sandakphu trek offers superb Himalayan scenery, beautiful landscape, green jungle and lush valleys. Sikkim sandakphu treks an experience that can never be paralleled. Sandakphu trekking take to you heart of the Sikkim & Darjeeling. Autumn & spring season is best time trekking in Sikkim Sandakphu but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange Sikkim sandakphu trekking around the year as per travelers wish and holiday schedule. Sikkim Darjeeling trekking is marvelous trekking destination. Minimum two weeks holidays & good physical fitness necessary for Sikkim sandakphu trekking. we Himalaya Journey trekking includes sightseeing tour in Sikkim and Darjeling after the sandakphu trekking.
Sikkim Sandakphu trekking Itinerary
Day 01: Delhi - Bagdogra - Darjeeling
Board on a morning flight for Bagdogra from Delhi. Upon arrival at Bagdogra you will be met by Himalaya Journey Trekking representative and you will be taken for a drive to Darjeeling. On arrival transfer to the hotel. Evening for exploring the area and acclimatisation. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Darjeeling - Maneybhanjang - Tonglu
Early in the morning drive towards Tiger Hill to see Sunrise on Kanchenjunga peak. On the return visit the Ghoom Monastery. Built in 1875 the monastery which follows the Gelugpa sect, houses one of the largest statue of the Maitreya Buddha-"the future Buddha".
After breakfast drive to Maneybhanjang, the starting point of the trek. It takes around one and half hour to reach Maneybhanjang from Darjeeling. The days walk is around 6 hours climb that passes through small village of Chitre and forests of Rhododendron and Magnolias. The trekkers' hut is set at Tonglu at an elevation of 3020 m with stunning views of the Himalaya at the backdrop. Overnight in tent.
Day 03: Tonglu - Garibas
In the morning go out for a walk through the forest which is a home to the rare Red Panda and the Tragoapn. After 4 hours walk you will reach trekkers' hut at Garibas at an altitude of 2620 m. Spend the night in Garibas.
Day 04: Garibas - Sandakphu
Another phase of Sandakphu trek starts this morning. After breakfast head for trekking to Sandakphu. It takes around 6 hours. Sandakphu is the place from where one can witness the clear views of the peaks of Lhotse (8501m), Everest (8848m) and Makalu (8475m) of the Nepal Himalaya along with the stunning views of the huge Kanchenjanga massif (8586m). Overnight stay at Sandakphu.
Day 05: Sandakphu - Phalut
On fourth day the trek passes through a ridge and generates a bewildering experience. It can be considered as one of the best enjoyable and scenic walks in the Himalaya. The snowy peaks of the Himalaya never go out of the sight and snakes through high altitude vegetation, dwarf Rhododendron and firs. The walk to Phalut takes around 7 hours. Overnight stay at Phalut.
Day 06: Phalut - Rammam
To view the sunrise over the Himalaya, wake up early morning. After breakfast trek to Rammam that takes around 5 hours. The trail passes through the villages of Gorkhey and Samanden and bird lovers can find a feast for their eyes. Overnight stay at Rammam.
Day 07: Rammam - Rimbik
Today's trek descends to the bridge at Srikhola and passes through a number of small villages to reach Rimbik. Overnight at stay Rimbik.
Day 08: Rimbik - Darjeeling
After breakfast get ready for a four hours drive to reach Darjeeling. Food and nightstay in hotel.
Day 09: Darjeeling - Bagdogra - Delhi (123 kms / 6-7 hrs)
Early morning drive to Bagdogra to board flight for Delhi. On arrival at Delhi reach International Airport to catch onwards flight.
Trip Cost: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Delhi / Bhadrapur to Bagdora overland transportation service by train,
- Airport pick up & drop including all necessary transportation
- need and clean good category hotels Accommodation in Darjeeling, Gangtok & Yuksom with Bed & Breakfast (CP Basis).
- Trekking support with trekking guide, cook, potters, yaks, trekking accommodation with meals & beverages
- services for Sikkim sandakphu trekking permit
- Khangchendzonga National Park fees & other necessary services.
- While on trek we will provide you Dome/Alpine trekking tents on twin sharing basis, Camping mattresses, camping stool, table, kitchen tent etc.
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry, telephone, alcohol and personal insurance however covers immediate medical facilities
- extra expenses due to unforeseen circumstances such as landslide/strike/accidents/natural calamities, Ropeway,
- Airfare Ticket, internal flight,
- Himalayan toy train ride in Darjeeling, tips etc.
- International flight ticket
- High risk medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Sikkim Sandakphu trekking is one of the most popular trekking trail in Sikkim. Sikkim Sandakphu trek offers superb Himalayan scenery, beautiful landscape, green jungle and lush valleys. Sikkim sandakphu trek an experience that can never be paralleled.