Sikkim Kanchenjunga trekking
Sikkim Kanchenjunga trekking is undoubtedly the most popular trek in Sikkim . Sikkim Kanchenjunga trek offer superb mountain views, a floral spectacle in summer, birds and views of pristine forests. Sikkim Kanchenjunga trek passes through the Kanchendzonga Bio-Sphere Reserve Forests and special trekking permits with fees are paid. This package gives complete travels in the mountains with visits to MONASTERIES and also is able to meet the local people and understand their lifestyles. Trekking in Sikkim Kanchenjunga area take to you heart of the Kanchenjunga Mountains which is third highest mountain in the world (Mount Kanchenjunga 8586m). Minimum two weeks holidays required for Kanchenjunga trekking but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange as per travelers wish and desire with personalized trekking service. Autumn & Spring is best time trekking in Sikkim kanchenjunga. we Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition arrange the sikkim Kanchenjunga trekking tour according to client's demand and holiday schedule with amazing life time experience! Its different-Be assured
Sikkim Kanchenjunga trekking itinerary:
Day 01 : Arrive Delhi, where you will be met and transfered to your hotel. (Hotel B&B)
Day 02: Delhi – Bagdogra (by plane) – Darjeeling (2130m) by car.
Arrive Bagdogra Airport and drive to Darjeeling, charming 4-hour journey, through Assam tea plantations and tiny villages takes us to Darjeeling. Built on top of a ridge, Darjeeling faces the Himalaya and is a popular destination for Westerners and Bengalis alike. Overnight in Darjeeling.
Day 03: Darjeeling Visit
We could take an early trip to Tiger Hill to see the sunrise. Afterwards we visit the famous Ghoom monastery that enshrines an image of the Maitreya Buddha (the coming Buddha). Later on we can visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute and tea plantations. Overnight in Darjeeling.
Day 04: Darjeeling – Manay Bhanjang ( 2134m) by car – Tonglu (3070m)
Early morning drive from Darjeeling to Manay Bhanjang. The trail overlooks the Bengali plain south, and we have tantalising glimpses of Kanchenjunga ahead, as we zigzag through rhododendrons.
Day 05: Tonglu – Garibas (2620m) in 4hours.
We take a mossy paved path, that snakesthrough a succession of forests and hamlets, giving way, from time to time, to spectacular mountain sceneries.
Day 06 : Garibas – Sandakphu (3640m) in 4h 30 min.
We steadily climb to join the ridge trail towards Kalpokhari. Afterwards we start a long and steep climb onto the Singalila ridge that leads us to Sandakphu. A remarkable 360 ° view from the top.
Day 07: Sandakphu – Phalut (3600m) in 6hours
We walk to a prominent viewpoint for the magnificent sunrise over the Kanchenjunga, Jannu, Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and Cho Oyo. Throughout the day, there are ever-changing views: yak herds, silvery pine forests, tiny lakes ringed with grass, and the snow-capped Himalayan range in the background.
Day 08 : Phalut – Raman (2560m) in 5hours.
A pleasant descent through the woods takes us to Gorkhey (2500m) then we climb up towards Raman.
Day 09 : Raman – Rimbik (2280m) in 4hours.
We pass through numerous villages and cross the Sri Khola over a remarkable suspension bridge.
Day 10 : Rimbik – Pelling by car (9h)
Day 11 : Pelling – Pemayangtse – Yuksam by car (2hours).
2.5 km from Pelling, we will visit the Pemayangtse monastery. Perched at 2800m, it is one of the oldest and most impressive gompas in Sikkim.
Day 12 : Yuksam - Tsoska (3030m) in 6h.
The trail leads up the Rathong valley, through thick, semi-tropical forests. Afterwards a steep climb takes us to the tiny Tibetan village of Tsoska. The landscape has now changed into pine, rhododendron and magnolia forests. We get excellent views of the entire Himalayan range and Kanchenjunga.
Day 13 :Tsoska – Dzongri (4020m) in 5h.
A steep trail zigzags up through temperate forest and large clusters of rhododendrons, to the vast clearing of Phedang. During April and May, the spectacle is gorgeous, as the land becomes a mass of flowers (400 species have been listed so far). After 300m, we follow the ridge to Dzongri, a pasture area for Yuksam yaks from April to October.
Day 14: Dzongri – Thangshing (3930m) in 4h.
We descend through rhododendron forest towards the the glacial Prek river. We establish our campsite on the grassy pastures of Thangshing. The southern ridge of Kanchenjunga and the Onglakhing glacier are visible directly ahead and there are close-up views of Pandim.
Day 15 : Thangshing – Samity Lake (4200m) in 3h.
A pleasant walk below the west side of Pandim, through dwarf azaleas and rhododendrons to Zemathang. We take our first footsteps on the Onglakhing glacier, and climb up to the shores of the Samity lake, reputed to be the sacred source of the Prek river. Ringed by prayer flags, the lake reflects Forked Peak, Kabru North, Gocha Peak and other snow-capped peaks.
Day 16 : Samity Lake – Gocha La (4940m) – Thansing in 7h.
We have to leave quite early this morning, as fog and clouds descend on the pass shortly after sunrise. The track to Gocha La climbs steeply through moraines. From the pass, ringed with colorful prayer flags, we can see Kanchenjunga and beyond that, the Talung glacier.
Day 17 : Thangshing – Lam Pokhari (4230m) in 5h.
After a steep descent, we climb through alpine areas and pass by tiny lakes.
Day 18 : Labdang – Tashiding (1740m) in 5h.
An easy walk, in an atmosphere becoming more humid and heavier as we descend.
Day 19 : Tashiding – Martam by car (4h).
We visit the Tashiding monastery, one of the most isolated in Sikkim, perched on the top of a hill set between two rivers.
Day 20 : Martam – Gangtok by car (1h).
En route we visit Rumtek monastery, reputed for its religious Tibetan art. Visitors are welcome to attend prayers. Afternoon at leisure in Gangtok.
Day 21: Gangtok – Bagdogra (by car) – Delhi (by plane) / Kathmandu (Hotel B&B)
Trip Cost: USD $2895 Per person
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Delhi / Bhadrapur to Bagdora overland transportation service by train,
- Airport pick up & drop including all necessary transportation
- need and clean good category hotels Accommodation in Darjeeling, Gangtok & Yuksom with Bed & Breakfast (CP Basis).
- Trekking support with trekking guide, cook, potters, yaks, trekking accommodation with meals & beverages
- services for Sikkim Kanchenjugna trekking permit
- Khangchendzonga National Park fees & other necessary services.
- While on trek we will provide you Dome/Alpine trekking tents on twin sharing basis, Camping mattresses, camping stool, table, kitchen tent etc.
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry, telephone, alcohol and personal insurance however covers immediate medical facilities
- extra expenses due to unforeseen circumstances such as landslide/strike/accidents/natural calamities, Ropeway,
- Airfare Ticket, internal flight,
- Himalayan toy train ride in Darjeeling, tips etc.
- International flight ticket
- High risk medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.