Sikkim Green lake trekking
Sikkim Green lake trekking is famous trekking in Sikkim. Sikkim Green Lake trek takes you to a region ,a route used by mountaineers to climb Kanchenjunga - the world's third highest mountain. Sikkim green lake trekking tour is a restricted area and requires special permits through the government registered travel agency in Sikkim. The trek and mountain views are spectacular. Sikkim Green lake trek through forests of rhododendron and past stunning glaciers, occasionally scrambling through rough paths. Sikkim green lake trekking is a very picturesque trail which combines natural beauty with spectacular views of high peaks. There are vast tracts of thick forest, with several varieties of rhododendrons, other colorful flowers, and birds and many waterfalls on both sides of the trail. Kangchenjunga was one of the first peaks to be attempted by expeditions before world war two. Sikkim Green lake trekking take you core of sikkim & Darjeeling. Minimum two weeks holidays required for Sikkim Green lake trekking tour but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange as per travelers wish and holiday schedule. Autumn & Spring season is best time trekking in Sikkim green lake area. The great glaciated bowl on the northeast flank of Kanchenjunga and surrounded by the spectacular peaks of Siniolchu (6878m), Sugarloaf (6455m), Tent (7365m) make green lake trekking is most popular trekking trail in sikkim. Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition arrange sikkim green lake trekking according to clients holiday duration and wish
Sikkim Green Lake trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Delhi India From home country or Nepal, fly to Bagdogra, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s airport representative will transfer to Hotel, A charming 4-hour journey, through Assam tea plantations and tiny villages takes us to bagdogra and Sikkim green lake trekking briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Gangtok –Lachen (2700 m)
This journey from Gangtok to Lachen is covered by jeep along the North Sikkim highway and takes about 6-7 hours
Day 03: Lachen – Jakthang (3300 m)
Following the main North Sikkim highway to Thangu , we reach the junction of the Lachen Chu and the Zemu Chu at Sema. After crossing the Zemu Chu, we proceed westward up the Zemu valley following a trail through the forest. The path of rhododendron thickets and fallen tree trunks leads to Lhonak chu before reaching Jakthang, situated in a small meadow with a broken herdsmen’s hut that makes a convenient first nights halt.
Day 04: Jakthang – Yabuk (3850 m)
From Jakthang, the path to Yabuk climbs thorugh the forest and after three hours of steady walking, we reach the snout of the Zemu Glacier. We reach Yabuk by lunch time.
Day 05: Yabuk
Rest Camp (4500 m)Following the glacier of the Zemu, the trail is mainly over boulders and the Zemu chu rushes through the glacier and as the valley opens up the great peaks come into view. The Rest Camp is situated right opposite Siniolchu and has a fabulous view of one of the most beautiful mountains in Sikkim. Along the trail blue sheep is often sighted. Walk slowly as the sir gets thinner and acclimatization becomes of essence.
Day 06: Rest Camp – Greenlakes (5050 m)
The trail from Rest Camp climbs gently up the valley for about three to four hours.. This is one of the finest walks with the Siniolchu, Simvo, Twins and the Khangchendzonga are some of the giants that dominate the horizon. Rest at the camp, known as the Green Lake Plain, the name being derived from a small tarn at the eastern end where on clear morning the reflection of the Khangchendzonga is seen in the waters.
Day 07: Rest day at the Green lakes
Spend the day lazing in the sunshine watching the peaks. The Zemu gap that links the Zemu valley to the Talung valley is clearly seen from the hill behind the camp with the magnificent view of the Khangchendzonga as well
Day 08: Green lakes to Yabuk
The return journey would be much quicker as it is downhill.
Day 09: Yabuk to Jakthang
Day 10: Jakthang to Lachen
Day 11: Lachen – Gangtok.
Drive to Bagdogra (by car) - Delhi (by plane) - Delhi by than Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s airport representative will drop for fly to Nepal and for onward destination.
Trip Cost: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Delhi / Bhadrapur to Bagdora overland transportation service by train,
- Airport pick up & drop including all necessary transportation
- need and clean good category hotels Accommodation in Darjeeling, Gangtok & Yuksom with Bed & Breakfast (CP Basis).
- Trekking support with trekking guide, cook, potters, yaks, trekking accommodation with meals & beverages
- services for Sikkim Green lake trekking permit
- Khangchendzonga National Park fees & other necessary services.
- While on trek we will provide you Dome/Alpine trekking tents on twin sharing basis, Camping mattresses, camping stool, table, kitchen tent etc.
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry, telephone, alcohol and personal insurance however covers immediate medical facilities
- extra expenses due to unforeseen circumstances such as landslide/strike/accidents/natural calamities, Ropeway,
- Airfare Ticket, internal flight,
- Himalayan toy train ride in Darjeeling, tips etc.
- International flight ticket
- High risk medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Sikkim Green lake trekking is famous trekking in Sikkim. Sikkim Green Lake trek takes you to a region ,a route used by mountaineers to climb Kanchenjunga - the world's third highest mountain. Sikkim green lake trekking tour is a restricted area and requires special permits through the government registered travel agency in Sikkim.