Sikkim Dzongri trekking
Sikkim Dzongri trekking is one of the most popular trekking trail in Sikkim. Sikkim Dzongri trek offer superb Himalayan scenery, beautiful Sikkim Dzongri valley, beautiful landscape and mixed culture. Sikkim Dzongri trekking tour is marvelous trekking. Sikkim Dzongri trekking take to you through beautiful city Darjeling, Yoksum, Tshoka and finally reach at Sikkim Dzongri . Normally, March to May and September to November is best time trekking in Sikkim Dzongri but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per travelers wish and holiday schedule. Minimum two week holidays and good physical fitness is required for Sikkim Dzongri trekking tour but HJT arrange personalized trekking service as trekkers holiday frame. Sikkim Dzongri treks include both Sikkim & Darjeling package trip thus this is an unique trekking in Sikkim
Sikkim Dzongri trekking itinerary 2021/2022:
DAY 01:KATHMANDU / BHADRAPUR / DARJEELING
Morning after breakfast transfer to domestic airport to board flight for Bhadrapur. Met Upon arrival and drive to reach Darjeeling. The route winds its way through Tea Estates. Darjeeling is called the Jewel in the Crown. Upon arrival check into Mayfair hotel for dinner and overnight stay
DAY 02: DARJEELING
Morning visit Tiger Hill to see the Sun Rise and also get the best view of Worlds Third Highest Mountain Kanchanjunga and other peaks. On the way back visit Ghoom Monastery enshrining Maitreyee Buddha. After breakfast proceed for a ride in the famous Toy Train for half an hour. Visit Botanical gardens, Observatory Hill, Mountaineering Institute to know the history and the equipment used in the first conquest of Mt. Everest by
Sir.Edmond Hillery and Tenzing Norge. Visit Zoological parkto see the Siberian Tigers, Llamas, Himalayan Black Bear and Panda. Visit Tea estates and Tibetan Refugee self-help Center for Woolen Carpets and Leather products. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 03: DARJEELING / YUKSUM
Morning after an early breakfast drive to reach Yuksum (1780 M) by covering 123 kms in 7 hrs. Yuksum is the oldest capital of Sikkim where the first King was consecrated in 1642 A.D. It also has the oldest existing Monastery built during 1700 A.D. Arrive Yuksum and check into Trekkers Hut for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 04: YUKSUM / BAKHIM
Morning after breakfast start the first leg of trekking to reach Bakim (3005 M) by covering 13 kms in 4 hrs. The track is a gradual ascends and descend through the dense verdant semi-tropical forest following the Pairag
Chu. Arrive and check into Forest Hut for dinner and overnight stay.
DAY 05:BAKHIM / DZONGRI
Morning after breakfast start trekking to reach Dzongri (4030 M) along a well marked track by covering 12 kms in 4 hrs. Initially the track climbs steeply. But as the track is through fascinating Rhododendron bushes running
riot with colours, one may not feel the limb. Arrive at Dzongri and checkinto Trekkers Hut for dinner and overnight stay
DAY 06:DZONGRI / TANGSING
Morning after breakfast start trekking to reach Thangsing (3800 M) by covering 8 kms in 3 hrs. One can have fantastic view of Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Pandim, Mt. Kabru etc. from the Dzongri Pass. Continue to reach Thangsing for overnight stay in tents
DAY 07:TANGSING / SIMITI LAKE
Morning after breakfast start trekking to reach Simiti lake (4200 M) by covering 8 kms in 3 hrs. Simiti is one of the high altitude fresh water lakes found in the bosom of mighty Himalayan range.This is also considered a very sacred lake. Arrive and camp by the side of the lake. Dinner and overnight stay in camp
DAY 08:SIMITI LAKE / GOCHALA / SIMITI LAKE
Morning after breakfast start trekking to reach Gochala (5000 M) by covering 14 kms in 5 hrs. From the pass one can see the lofty and majestic Mt.Kanchanjunga, Mt.Kabru and Kabru Dome etc. Return to Samiti Lake for
Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
DAY 09:SIMITI LAKE / TANGSING
Morning after breakfast start trekking to reach Thangsing by covering 8 kms in 3 hrs. A downhill easy trek, with a few sharp & steep ascents. Arrive and pitch tents. balance day free. Dinner and overnight stay in tents
DAY 10:TANGSING / DZONGRI
Morning after breakfast start trekking to reach Dzongri by covering 8 kms in 3 hrs. Arrive and pitch tents. balance day free. Lunch, Dinner and overnight stay in tents
DAY 11:DZONGRI / TOSKA
Morning after breakfast start trekking to reach Tsoka (3710 M) by covering 9 kms in 3 hrs. The trek winds its way down upto Phedong, from here the Rhododendron trail starts. Arrive at Tsoka for a cozy dinner and overnight stay in the Trekkers Hut.
DAY 12:TOSKA / YUKSUM
Morning after breakfast start trekking to reach the Yuksum by covering 5 kms in 2 hrs. Rest of the day free to visit the oldest Monastery and the surrounding area. Lunch, Dinner & Overnight stay in Trekkers Hut
DAY 13:YUKSUM / PEMAYANGTSE / GANGTOK
Morning after breakfast drive to reach Pemayangtse (2085 M) by covering 30 kms in 1 hr. Pemayangtse is one of the oldest and important Monastery in Sikkim. Visit the Monastery. Proceed to reach Gangtok (1810 M) by
covering 110 kms in 5 hrs. Later on arrival in Gangtok check into hotel Norkhill. Blance day free. Lunch, dinner andb overnight stay in hotel
Morning after breakfast leave for full day sightseeing of Gangtok visiting Tibetology, Orchid Sanctuary, Do Drul Monastery, Handicraft center & bazar. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight stay in the hotel
DAY 15:GANGTOK / BHADRAPUR / KATHMANDU
Transfer to Bhadrapur airport in time to board flight for Kathmandu.
Trip Cost: email@example.com
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Delhi to Bagdora to Delhi overland transportation service by train,
- Airport pick up & drop including all necessary transportation
- need and clean good category hotels Accommodation in Darjeeling, Gangtok & Yuksom with Bed & Breakfast (CP Basis).
- Trekking support with trekking guide, cook, potters, yaks, trekking accommodation with meals & beverages
- services for Sikkim Dzongri trekking permit
- Khangchendzonga National Park fees & other necessary services.
- While on trek we will provide you Dome/Alpine trekking tents on twin sharing basis, Camping mattresses, camping stool, table, kitchen tent etc.
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Expenses of personal nature such as laundry, telephone, alcohol and personal insurance however covers immediate medical facilities
- extra expenses due to unforeseen circumstances such as landslide/strike/accidents/natural calamities, Ropeway,
- Airfare Ticket, internal flight,
- Himalayan toy train ride in Darjeeling, tips etc.
- International flight ticket
- High risk medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Sikkim Dzongri trekking is one of the most popular trekking trail in Sikkim. Sikkim Dzongri trek offer superb Himalayan scenery, beautiful Sikkim Dzongri valley, beautiful landscape and mixed culture.