Mt. Thamserku Expedition
Mt. Thamserku Expedition is magnificent Mountain in Everest region. Mount Thamserku 6723m is Snow Saddle beautiful mountain, which rises majestically to a saddle shaped summit from Khumbu and Hinku valley and sits next to another prominent mountain Kangtega to the south. Mt. Thamserku is rated as difficult, challenging and Technical Mountain for climbing but most mountaineers /Adventure seekers would like to explore it to face the challenge of nature. Mount Thamserku Expedition offer stunning Himalayan views of Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Kangchung 6063m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m, Mt.Kongde 6011m, Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m, Island peak 6179m, Tibetan sherpa culture, lush valleys and beautiful landscape of Khumbu region. Thamserku mountaineering is technical climbing mountain & required climbing skills as well as good physical fitness.
Thamserku expedition commence from Lukla after 30 minutes spectacular scheduled flight from Kathmandu on a small aircraft will take you to the gateway to the Everest region then commence trek to Phakding and we continue to classical route to Namche Bazzar. We will spend two nights at Namche Bazzar for acclimatization. From Namche we take through Khumjung to Phunki Tenga then head towards Thamserku base camp. We spend couple of day at base camp for climbing training such as; how to use Oxygen, mask and regulator. Generally, three camps are set in the approach above the Thamserku base camp (4,750m), however, only two camps are used to spend the night. The climb from Base Camp to camp one is considered one the difficult days of the Mt. Thamserku expedition. We follow old grassy moraine ridges passing through a saddle and then turning to north climbing up rocky ground and through rock to the ridge where camp 1 is set up. From Camp I (5100m) your first real camp is only one and half hours walk above Yak camp. This section is marked by rock cairns and involves boulder hopping and some easy scrambling. Camp II (5600m), now for the hardest snow and ice pitches of the route. Camp III (6200m), a cold and exposed position is the start of your summit push. The Sherpas will often use a full climbing rope to tie our tents down as the natural shape of the mountain can at times unfortunately funnel the wind to this location. It is however the only safe flat piece of real estate within range of the summit. Since Thamserku expedition has been open numerous mountaineers climbed with our professional climbing guide with life time experience!
Mt. Thamserku Expedition itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel, Mt. Thamserku expedition briefing with officially arrangments. overngiht at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, sighteeeing , shopping with own activities and preparation for the Mt. Thamserku expedition. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 03: Kathmand fly to Lukla (2800m), trek to Phakding (2640m). Overnight at Phakding
Day 04: Phakding trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar acclimatization day.( During the day , you can hike to Thame for beautiful Himalayan views, wild animals and Tibetan Monastery or hike to Everest view hotel for superb views of Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m) ,island peak (6179m), Khumbila (God of Khumbu) 5761m etc , overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 06: Namche trek to Phungi Thanga (3246m) Walk approximately 5-6 hours . Overnight in lodge.
Day 07: Phugi thanga to Thamserku Base Camp.(3664m) walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 08-26: Climbing Period for Thamserku 6,608m.
Day 27: Cleaning up Base Camp.
Day 28: Mt. Thamserku base camp trek to Namche Bazaar . walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 29: Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla. Overnight in Lukla
Day 30: After breakfast Lukla fly Kathmandu. transfer to hotel
Day 31: After breakfast, HJT tour guide will take to you historical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 32: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities than Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition airport representative will drop to you Kathmandu international airport for onward destination.
Trip Cost: USD $6,500 Per person
Service Includes up to Base Camp
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 5 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before & after expedition).
- Schedule flight Ktm/Lukla/ktm for member, Liaison officer & Expedition staffs.
- Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp and back.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison Officer.
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for Base Camp.
- Food and fuel at Base Camp.
- Service of Government Liaison officer.
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Equipments allowance, daily wages of cook, kitchen boys & Liaison officer.
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer and porters.
- Mt. Thamserku expedition permit
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fee.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag for each member.
- Generator or Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee.
- Agency service charge.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport drop
Service does not include
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport at upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- High Tents above Base Camp.
- High altitude food and fuel above Base Camp.
- Oxygen & Mask and regulator (will be provided as per request).
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, communication equipment & commercial filming.
- International airport departure tax at Kathmandu Airport.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage deposit.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.