Mt. Kantega Expedition
Mt. Kantega expedition 6179m is popular expedition in Everest region. Kantega climbing offer beutiful Himalayan views of Everest region trekking trails. Mt. Kangtega is one of the mountain peaks in Nepal lies on which lies on the center north of Nepal at the bottom of the Kantega Ice-Fall. Mount Kantega expedition offers stunning Himalayan views of Everest region including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Kangchung 6063m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Kusum Khagaru 6367m, Mt. Kongde 6011m, Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m, Island peak 6179m , Mera peak 6421m,etc, Tibetan sherpa cultures.
Kantega expedition commence from Lukla after 30 minutes spectacular scheduled flight from Kathmandu on a small aircraft will take you to the gateway to the Everest region then commence trek to Phakding and we continue to classical route to Namche Bazzar. We will spend two nights at Namche Bazzar for acclimatization. From Namche we take through Khumjung to Phunki Tenga then head towards Kantega base camp. We spend couple of day at base camp for climbing training such as; how to use Oxygen, mask and regulator. Generally, three camps are set in the approach above the Kantega base camp (4,750m), however, only two camps are used to spend the night. The climb from Base Camp to camp one is considered one the difficult days of the Mt. Kantega expedition. We follow old grassy moraine ridges passing through a saddle and then turning to north climbing up rocky ground and through rock to the ridge where camp 1 is set up. From Camp I (5234m) your first real camp is only one and half hours walk above Yak camp. This section is marked by rock cairns and involves boulder hopping and some easy scrambling. Camp II (5600m), now for the hardest snow and ice pitches of the route. Camp III (6200m), a cold and exposed position is the start of your summit push. The Sherpas will often use a full climbing rope to tie our tents down as the natural shape of the mountain can at times unfortunately funnel the wind to this location. It is however the only safe flat piece of real estate within range of the summit. Since Kantega expedition has been open numerous mountaineers climbed with our professional climbing guide with life time experience!
Mt. Kantega Expedition 2021/2022 itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathamndu 1334m, transfer to hotel Mt. Kantega Expedition briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, excursion around Kathmandu valley, . Leisure time in kathmandu. overnight at Kathamndu.
Day 03: After breakfast, excursion around Kathmandu valley, our representative will procedure for Mount Kantega expedition permit and preparation for Mount Kantega . overnight at Kathamndu
Day 04: Fly to Lukla (2800m), trek to Phakding (2640m). Overnight at
Day 05: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3446m). Overnight in lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Khumjung
Day 07: Khumjung, acclimatization day.
Day 08: Kangtega Base Camp.
Day 09-29: Climbing Period.
Day 30: Cleaning up Base Camp.
Day 31: Trek to Khumjung. Overnight at.
Day 32: Trek to Phakding. Overnight at.
Day 33: Trek to Lukla. Overnight in lodge.
Day 34: Fly to Kathmandu. Transfer to your hotel.
Day 35: After breakfast, HJT tour guide will take to you historical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 36: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities than Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition airport representative will drop to you Kathmandu international airport for onward destination
Trip Cost: email@example.com
Service Includes for 2021/2022:
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 5 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before & after expedition).
- Schedule flight Ktm/Lukla/ktm for member, Liaison officer & Expedition staffs.
- Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp and back.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison Officer.
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for Base Camp.
- Food and fuel at Base Camp.
- Service of Government Liaison officer.
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Equipments allowance, daily wages of cook, kitchen boys & Liaison officer.
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer and porters.
- Mt. Kantega expedition permit
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fee.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag for each member.
- Generator or Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee.
- Agency service charge.
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport drop
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport at upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- High Tents above Base Camp.
- High altitude food and fuel above Base Camp.
- Oxygen & Mask and regulator (will be provided as per request).
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, communication equipment & commercial filming.
- International airport departure tax at Kathmandu Airport.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage deposit.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Mt. Kantega expedition / Kantega peak climbing is famous expedition in Everest trekking trails lies on Khumbu Himalaya zone offer beautiful Himalayan views of whole Khumbu Himalayan region.