Machhermo Peak Climbing
Machhermo Peak Climbing 6237m is challenging & popular trekking peak in Everest region. Machhermo peak is one of the most beautiful mountain lies on the way to Gokyo Lake/ Gokyo Ri . Machhermo peak climbing offers stunning Himalayan views of Everest region including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Kangchung 6063m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m, Mt.Kongde 6011m, Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m, Island peak 6179m etc, Tibetan sherpa culture. Machermo peak is categorized in the grade-A by Nepal Mountaineering Association.
Machhermo peak climbing start from Lukla after 35 minutes mountain flight to Lukla. Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition climbing guide led you Gokyo valley trekking trail . For the better acclimataization , first take to you Gokyo Ri / Gokyo peak 5360m then descend to Machermo peak base camp, the trail leads through Yak territory, on the way of Gokyo lake trek. The base camp is set up above the rocky meadows and moraine around 5140 meter. Further climb ascends on the rock and snow slopes to reach the top. The same path descends to base camp. Since Machermo peak has been open for climbing, Himalaya Journey Treks and Expedition’s professional climbing guide take to summit frequently in safe way. Autumn & spring season is best time for Machhermo peak expedition but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange customized peak climbing service in Nepal Himalayas.
Machhermo peak climbing itinerary:
Day 01. Arrival in Kathamndu 1334m, transfer to hotel Machhermo peak climbing briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, kathmandu by Flight to Lukla & trek to Phakding (2630m) Walk approximately 2-3 hours
Day 03. Phakding trek to Namche Bazar (3440m ) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04. Namche Bazaar Rest or acclimatization day. During this day you can hike to Thame Monastery or Everest view hotel for superb Himalayan views including Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Kantega, Kusum khangaru,Khumbila,Tawache peak,Cholaste, Kongde etc. overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05 Namche Bazzar trek to Dole(4000m) Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06 Dole trek to Machhermo (4410m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 07 Machhermo trek to Gokyo (4750m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 08 Wake up early in the morning to hike to Gokyo Ri 5350m for panoramic Himalayan views such as Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Kangchung 6063m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m, Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m, back to Gokyo,lunch at Gokyo lake and overnight at Gokyo.
Day 09: Trek from Gokyo to Machermo Base Camp. HJT climbing guide will teach you how to fixed the rope, how to blay the rope, how to ascend, how to descend etc. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 10-12: Climbing period of Machermo Peak 6273 Meter.
Day 13: Trek from Machermo base camp to Machermo. Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 14: Machermo trek to Namche Bazaar. Walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 15: Namche Bazaar trek to Lukla. Walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 16: Lukla by flight back to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 17: After breakfast, HJT tour guide will take to you historical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visitPashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 18: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities than Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition airport representative will drop to you Kathmandu international airport for onward destination.
Trip Cost: e-mail us:-email@example.com
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking & Machhermo climbing guide
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 326)
- Trekking / climbing guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter according to workers Union of Nepal)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / lodge & 5 days in tented camp during Machhermo peak expedition
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Machhermo peak climbing permit
- Machhermo peak climbing guide salary
- Machhermo peak garbage deposit
- Machhermo peak climbing equipments such as Rope( both main and fixed rope) Snow bar, Snow ice screw etc.
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS permit)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Kathahmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathahmandu valley sightseeing tour with private car as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking / climbing guide Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Kathmandu Internatinal Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.