Langtang Helambu trekking
Langtang Helambu trekking is one of the popular trekking zone in Langtang region. Langtang Helambu trekking is recommended for its rich Flora: the impressive display of berberis, primula, orchids and a variety of Ferns , the valleys set ablaze by yellow blossoms of double Jasmine, the forest dense with Spanish oak, blue pine, and in Spring time blossoming of the rhododendron set whole forest alight in spectacular arrays of color and panoramic Himalayan views of the Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Dorje Lakpa, Gaurishanker, Jugal Himal, Yala peak, Naya khanga, Annapurna Himalaya range. Langtang helambu trek route passes through stone walled quite Tamang villages, hot spas, gorges and glaciers and reaches Langtang valley, Kyanjin Gompa, Tseku Ri, Holy gosainkund lake, Helambu valley, Khola Kharka which offers magnificent Himalayan views in Langtang Himalaya region. The main advantage of the Langtang gosainkund Helambu tekking is less trekkers are make trekking comparing the two popular trekking trail Annapurna and Everest region. Langtnag Helambu treks can do from two different side either Langtang Ganja la pass or Langtang gosainkund pass from Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s professional trekking tour operator. Langtang Helambu trek combines the remote and spectacular valley of Langtang, with the high mountain lake Known as Gosainkunda 4380m and Helambu valley.
Nepal Langtang Helambu trekking start from kathmandu to Dhunche/syabru besi after drive 6-7 hours from kathmandu valley. Initially langtang valley trekking through a sub-tropical jungle, then a dense forest of oak, birch and pine before the valley opens out into alpine meadows and yak pastures. In the spring these high meadows are carpeted with a rich variety of alpine wild flowers also the forests are also in full bloom with rare tree orchids and the colorful rhododendron, Nepal's national flower, also a spring highlight. The Langtang forests are also well known for their wildlife, including red pandas, Himalayan black bear, wild boar and langur monkeys - you are likely to see packs of these monkeys between Syabru and Ghora Tabela. Beyond Langtang village is the summer settlement of Kyanjin with its small gompa and cheese factory. Our camp here amongst yak pastures, dominated by the fluted north west face of Kangchenpo, whilst Kyangjin Ri at 4708m provides a splendid viewpoint. The views from here are as spectacular as anywhere in the Himalaya, a 360 degree panorama of snow capped including the awesome Langtang Lirung, Pemthang Ri, Langshisha Ri, Dorje Lakpa, and Kangchenpo, Tilman's fluted peak. Descending from the upper Langtang Valley, we retrace the route back to Syabru village than continue trek to Holy gosainkund lake. After crossing the Gosainkunda pass 4610m, trail continue leads to the Helambu valley then we make almost a circle going through Tharapati, Tarkeghyang, sermathang to Melamchi pul bazaar than by private vehicle or by bus back to kathmandu with beautiful Himalayan scenery..
Fixed Departure Dates
August 2019: 5th, 8th ,10th, 14th , 16th , 24th ,27th
September 2019: 2nd ,4th,11th, 13th, 16th, 18th, 24th
October 2019: 2nd, 4th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 16th, 21st, 24th, 26th, 28th
November 2019: 3rd, 5th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, 21st, 24th ,26th, 29th
December 2019:2nd,5th ,7th,11th, 14th,17th, 20th, 23rd, 26th
January 2020: 2nd,4th ,8th,10th, 13th, 26th,18th, 20th, 23rd, 29th
Langtang Helambu trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334m, transfer to hotel, Langtang Helambu trekking briefing with officially arrangement , overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast,Katmandu drive to Shyabrubensi (1420 m).
Day 03: Shybru bensi trek to Lama hotel (2804 m).
Day 04: Lama hotel trek to Langtang Valley (3500 m).
Day 05: Langtang trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3800 m).
Day 06: Acclimatization and explore day. During this day you can hike up to Kyanjin ri or Tseku ri for superb Himalayan scenery of Langtang lirung 7245m, Ganesh Himal 7406m, Naya khanga 5846m , Dorje lakpa 6988m, Gauri shanker 7145m, Gangchenpo 6387 m, yala paek 5500m or hike to Langtang Lirung base camp. overnight at Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 07: Kyanjin Gompa trek to Ghora Tabela (2400m)
Day 08: Ghora Tabela trek to Syabru village (2300m)
Day 09: Shyabru village trek to Sing Gompa/Chandan Bari (3254 m).
Day 10: Sing Gompa/Chandan Bari trek to Gosainkund (4300 m).
Day 11: Gosainkund via Gosainkund pass 4610m trek to Ghopte(2800m)
Day 12: Ghopte trek to Therapati (3600 m).
Day 13: Tharpati trek to Melamchi Gaun(2450m)
Day 14: Melamche Gaun trek to Tarke Ghyang(2550m)
Day 15: Tarke Ghyang trek to Sermathang(2530m)
Day 16: Sermathang trek to Melamchi pul Bazaar(1750m)
Day 17: Melamchi Pul bazaar to kathmandu by bus or private vehicle.
Day 18: After breakfast , our tour guide will take to you sightseeing such as :Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc. transfer to hotel and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant . Overnight at Kathmandu .
Day 19: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Trip Cost: USD 1385 Per person
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Syabru Besi overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / Lodge as mentioned in itinerary
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Langtang National park trekking permit
- Melamchi pul bazaar to Kathmandu overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with tour guide as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu city tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Langtang Helambu Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.