Gokyo Cho la pass Everest base camp trekking
Gokyo Cho La pass Everest base camp trekking is challenging trekking trail in Everest region. Gokyo Cho la pass Everest base camp trekking provide you best opportunity to explore the lifestyle of the Himalayan Sherpa people, their religion, customs and traditions. Alluring birds like the golden eagle, snow pigeon, red-billed and yellow-billed coughs and flowers like rhododendron, magnolias, blue pine, chir pine, juniper and hemlock make the trekking a delight for nature lovers as well panoramic Himalayan scenery including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Changaste 7550m, Mt. Lingterin 6679m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m,Mt. Khumbila 5761m(God of the Khumbu),Mt. Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m ,Island peak 6179m, Lobuche peak 6145m,Pokalde peak 5806m, Honku south peak 6119m and the beautiful Gokyo lake. Gokyo Ri 5350m, Cho La pass 5420m and Kala pattar 5545m is the main three destination for superb Himalayan views of the Gokyo Cho la pass trekking with Himalaya Journey Trekking and Expedition's experience trekking guide. During traveling through Khumbu Himal, Gokyo valley and pass, one is rewarded with some of the most dramatic landscapes. Gokyo cho la pass trekking can be treated as one of the adventurous trek in the Himalayas as it follows the route via Cho la pass into Khumbu .If you prefer regular link on express Everest base camp trekking shorter options which you can do with two weeks trekking holidays in Nepal.
Gokyo cho la pass trekking commence after a magnificent 35 minutes flight to Lukla from Kathmandu ,we follow the Dudh Kosi valley Phakding Benkar Monjo to Namche Bazaar Dole Machhermo Gokyo lake cho la pass Everest base camp route. From the Gokyo peak / Ri enjoy stunning summit mountain including Everest, Makalu and Cho Oyo. From Gokyo lake , we follow a trail over Cho la pass 5420m and reach Lobuche , Gorakshep Everest base camp 5463m and kala pattar 5545m. After the ascent of Kala Pattar 5545m and the impressive up-close view of Everest, our return route passes through Tyangboche, a magnificent location with a fascinating monastery which savor the incredible scenery, including magnificent views of Everest 8848m,Mt. Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Ama Dablam 6856m, Kantega 6809m, Kwangde 6194m etc and trek continue via Namche Bazaar to Lukla than by flight back to Kathmandu. Himalaya Journey Trekking and expedition's adventure trekking operator will arrange the Gokyo Cho la pass Everest base camp trekking according to trekker's holiday schedule and wish wiht life time experinces!
Gokyo Cho la pass Everest base camp trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1334m), transfer Hotel, Gokyo Cho la pass Everest base camp trekking briefing with officially arrangments. overnight at kathmandu..
Day 02: Katmandu by flight to Lukla and overnight at Phakding (2830m) walk approximately 2-3 hours.
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3480m).walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 04: Namche Bazaar acclimatization day.( During the day , you can hike to Thame for beautiful Himalayan views, wild animals and Tibetan Monastery or hike to Everest view hotel for superb views of Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Nuptse, (7855m), Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m) ,island peak (6179m), Khumbila (God of Khumbu) 5761m etc , overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar trek to Khumjung (3840m)walk approximately 3-4 hours
Day 06: Khumjung trek to Dole (4000m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Dole trek to Machhermo(4400m)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 08: Machhermo trek to Gokyo Lake(4750m)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 09: Early in the morning Himalaya Journey Trekking guide will take to you Gokyo Ri/Gokyo peak (5350m) for superb Himalayan views including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m,Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m,Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m etc ,back to Gokyo lake ,after lunch continue trek to Thangnak(4850m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 10: Thangnak trek to Dzongla (4800m)walk approximately 7-8 hours.
Day 11: Dzongla trek to Lobuche (4910m)walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 12: Lobuche trek to Gorakshep (5180m)walk approximately 2-3 hours ,after lunch continue to Everest base camp (5500m)walk approximately 5-6 hours and overnight at Gorakshep.
Day 13: Early in the morning Himalaya Journey trekking & Expedition's trekking guide will take to you kala pattar (5545m) for superb Himalayan views including the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Changaste 7550m, Mt.Lingterin 6679m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6723m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m,Mt.Kongde 6011m,Mt. Khumbila 5761m(God of the Khumbu),Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m ,Island peak 6179m, Lobuche peak 6145m,Pokalde peak 5806m, Honku south peak 6119m and lunch at Lobuche and overnight at Dingboche (4345m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 14: Dingboche trek to Tengboche / Tyangboche (3890m)walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 15: Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazaar walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 16: Namche Bazaar trek to Luklawalk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 17: Lukla by flight Kathmandu, transfer to hotel in Kathmandu. ovrnight at Kathmandu
Day 18: After breakfast, HJT tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel..
Day 19: After breakfast, relaxing or shopping with own activities than Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition airport representative will drop to you Kathmandu international airport for onward destination or if you have time to stay in Nepal trip will arrange accordingly such as Chitwan jungle safari tour, Lumbini Pokhara Nagarkot tour , Rafting etc.
Trip Cost: e-mail us:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 280)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Kathmandu domestic airport pick up and transfer to hotel as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing with private vehicle as mentioned in itineary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.