Bhutan sightseeing tour
Bhutan sightseeing tour is most popular tour in Bhutan. Sightseing tour in Bhutan offer you best experience of Bhutanese culture & hospitality. Bhutan sightseeing tours take to you hear of the Bhutan including Paro, Taktsang monastery, Thumpu, Punakha , Wangdi etc. Bhutan package tour in Bhutan fit for all age group travelers & minimum one week holiday required for this package tours. Normally Autumn & spring season is best time for Bhutan sightseeing tour but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per travelers wish and holiday schedule. For Bhutan cultural package tour , travelers my fly from Delhi to Paro, Kathmandu to Paro or Bangkok to Paro , HJT arrange trip from appropriate destination. Bhutan package tour is travelers most marvelous destination in Bhutan.
Bhutan sightseeing tour itinerary:
Day 1: Bangkok /Delhi / Kathmandu /Kolkata – Paro
Fly into Paro Bhutan. As you start approaching Bhutan, you can see breathtaking views of the Great Himalayas on this flight. Arrive Paro where you will be greet by Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition and transfer to hotel. Bhutan cultural tour briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at Paro
Day 2: Paro
Full Day visits to the sites in and around Paro.
The people of Paro are known for their hard work which is displayed in their large traditional country houses. If you marry a girl from Paro, be prepared to put metal roofing over the traditional shingle roof in your wife's house and purchase farming machineries, to show that you are a capable and well-to-do husband. (So we joke among ourselves.)
Paro's sightseeing is full of gems such as the 200 year old Watch Tower which was renovated and converted into National Museum in 1968. It houses a fine collection of national costumes and fabrics, gallery of thangkas, an impressive stamp gallery with three dimensional and CD stamps issued as early as 1960 that are remarkable and other galleries showcasing armor and silverware with the handsome Royal tea pots. On the top floor there is a four sided temple complex depicting the history of Buddhism and its propagation. Visit Drugyel Dzong, although mostly now in ruins. Built in 1647 by Shabdrung Nawang Namgyel to commemorate the victory over Tibetan Invaders, which indicates by the name of the Dzong meaning Victorious Bhutanese Fort. Overnight at Paro
Day 3 Excursion to Taktsang Monastery
Day hike to Taktsang Monastery view point. Taktsang, meaning "Tiger's nest," is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhawa) mediated, clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 3,000 feet above the valley floor. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the view point opposite the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and mystical. The legend has it that Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress from Tibet and meditated in the cave there for three months. Drive to Thimphu.
The drive from Paro to Thimphu is spectacularly scenic. Magnificent monasteries and stupas in the valleys and mountain tops. Experience the "Last Buddhist Himalayan Kingdom" on Earth and take precious memories back home.
Day 4 Thimpu
Full day sightseeing in and around Thimphu Valley, The largest and Capital City of Bhutan.
Some of the attractions include;
- Purchase world's most beautiful postage stamps, collector's items and postcards at face value from general post office which is right next to Bhutan National Bank.
- Visit Arts and crafts school where one can see young children at work.
- Visit Traditional Medicine Institute where the ancient healing arts are still practiced.
- Visit Memorial Chorten built in 1974 to honour memory of Late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, popularly known as the Father of Modern Bhutan. A multi-storied stupa that will introduce you to the vitality of Tantric Buddhism.
- Observe traditional paper making from Daphnia and Edgeworthia shrub to the finished product and purchase some beau,tiful writing sets from the factory.
- Visit Botanical garden (Zoo) where one can see Yak and Takin, the National wild animal of Bhutan.
- Drive up to view point and take a hike beyond to see the clear picture of Thimphu Valley.
- Downtown Thimphu on foot visiting Handicrafts Emporium and other Arts & Crafts stores. Buy stunning kiras which can be used as bed covers or wall decoration, jewelleries and many more. Overnight at Thimphu.
Day 5: Thimpur Thimpu Punakha – Wangdi - Thimpu
Full Day Sightseeing trip to Punakha and Wangdi Towns. Punakha was the old capital of Bhutan and it is still the winter residence of Central Monastic Body. Punakha Dzong is the most Magnificent and Largest Dzong in Bhutan. Return to Thimphu for Overnight.
Day 6: Thimphu - Paro
Morning, time at leisure to explore around Thimphu town on your own or relax in the hotel. Afternoon, transfer to Paro for Overnight at Zshiwaling Resort.
Day 7: Departure Paro
After breakfast, relaxing or shopping then three hours before departure , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s airport representative will drop to you Paro airport for onward journey.
Trip Cost: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bhutan sightseeing Tour Cost Includes:
- All land transportation: Transfers and sightseeing by a deluxe vehicle and Airport /Hotel/Airport & tours pick up & drop).
- Hotel accommodation on BB basis ( three star catagory hotel) on twin sharing room as mentioned in itinerary
- 3 time meals during the Bhutan sightseeing tour breakfast, Lunch and dinner.
- 1 Professional English speaking local tour guide as mentioned in itinerary
- Bhutan sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Bhutan temples, monuments sightseeing entry fees.
- Bhutan visa, tourism development fees, government royalty fees.
- All applicable taxes.
- Daily wages for support crews and their health insurance.
- Basic first aid Medical Kit Box for support crews.
- All official taxes and service charge.
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Bhutan paro airport drop
Bhutan sightseeing Tour Cost Doesn’t Include:
- Personal transportation except above programs.
- Personal tours gears.
- Personal Nature expenses. (Extra expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances such as sickness, accidents, road blockage, and other occurrences beyond our control.)
- Emergency evacuation (If incase).
- Drinks except tea and coffee. (Bar Bill, laundry and telephones calls.)
- Airfare: to & from your country and internal domestic flights.
- Personal travel insurance. (Liability for insurance against sickness, accidents, loss of baggage, loss of life and medical expenses if any kind etc.)
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Bhutan sightseeing tour in one of the most exciting trip in Bhutan. sightseeing tour in Bhutan take to you heart of the all major city of Bhutan.