Bhutan Chilila Nature trekking
Bhutan Chilila Nature Trekking is popular trekking tour in Bhutan. Bhutan Chilila Nature trek offer beautiful Himalayan scenery, lush valley, monasteries , Temples & beautiful landscape. Chilila nature trekking include cultural sightseeing tour in Bhutan such as paro, Thimpu, Punakha etc. Bhutan Chilila Nature trekking tour is marvelous trekking destination which can do with in two weeks. Autumn & spring season is best time trekking in Bhutan Chilila nature trek but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per travelers choice and holiday frame. Bhutan Chilila Nature trek required special trekking permit through the authorized travel agency in Bhutan. Himalaya Journey Trekking co- operate with local partner travel agency in Bhutan for Bhutan chilila nature trekking tour
Bhutan Chilila Nature trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Paro
The flight into Bhutan is a breathtaking one with views of Mt. Everest. Kanchenjunga and other Himalayan peaks including sacred Chomolhari and Mt. Jichu Drake in Bhutan. On arrival at Paro Airport you will be received by a representative of Taktsang Tours/Travels & Treks. Check in at Hotel. After lunch you will be taken for a visit to Ta-Dzong Museum. Overnight at Hotel Olathang.
Day 02: Paro – sightseeing
Drive the winding road northwest up the Pa Chu to the ruins of Drugyel Dzong, now a burned shell was once strategic in Bhutan defense against Tibetan invasion. On a clear day you can view the sacred summit of Mt. Chomolhari, which reaches skyward beyond the Dzong. On the way back visit a typical Bhutanese farmhouse. Overnight at Hotel Olathang.
Day 03: Paro – Chonana
Alt. 3500M. Distance 14kms. Start trekking from Olathang Hotel. Most of the days walk is a gradual climb through pine forests and you pass some beautiful typical Bhutanese farmhouses. The view of Paro valley is excellent from the trail. Overnight at camp in Chonana.
Day 04: Chonana - Jebkarpo
Distance 16kms. A superb trekking day. Uphill for about 5hrs taking it slow and allowing for plenty of stops. The trail takes you trough a forest filled with many species of Primula and Rhododendrons. From the pass and the trail along the ridge of Chilila the Himalayan ranges of Bhutan can be seen. Overnight at camp.
Day 05: Jebarpo – Lower Mingula
Distance 15kms. Alt. 3845m. Today is a day to be up early. The early morning views from camp of Chomolhari “Divine Mountain of Goddess”, Tserim Gang “Glacier of Long Life” and Jichu Drake are stunning. The trail follows the ridge and besides the view of the mountains you can also see the valleys of Ha and Paro. Overnight at camp.
Day 06: Lower Mingula – Thong
Distance 16kms. Alt. 3940m. Another day of excellent views of mountains and valleys. On this route it is very common to see yak herders. Overnight at camp.
Day 07: Thong – Thimpu
Distance 16kms. Descend back to Paro valley. The trek end at Drugyal Dzong. Drive to Olathang for lunch. After lunch drive to Thimphu. Overnight at Thimpu
Day 08: Thimpu – sightseeing
A full day of sightseeing and shopping in Thimphu. Wander in town; visit shops and the handicrafts emporium. You may return to the hotel for lunch with your guide and transport. Afternoon drive north up the valley to Dechenchholing (residence of the Queen Mother) to get a wonderful down valley view of Thimphu and Tashichhodzong. Visit the silversmiths at the north end of the valley. Overnight at Hotel Taktsang.
Day 09: Thimpu – Punnakha /Wangdi – Thimpu
Excursion with packed lunch to Punakha and Wangdi valley. Visit Punakha Dzong when monks are in Thimphu. Drive back to Thimphu. Overnight at Taktsang Hotel.
Day 10: Thimpu - Paro
After breakfast, relaxing or shopping then three hours before departure , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s airport representative will drop to you Paro airport for onward journey.
Trip Cost: USD $2450 Per person
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Paro on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus
- Required Trekking porter /sherpa for Bhutan Chilila Nature trekking who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Bhutan visa fee
- Bhutan travel permit
- Bhutan Chilila nature trekking permit as mentioned in itinerary
- All entrance and permit fees for visits to monuments and museums
- Porter and pack animal services for trekking
- Tents and Kitchen utensils for trekking
- Company services and all required Bhutanese government taxes/royalties
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for staff. ( Trekking guide, Driver and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- International flight ticket
- High risk medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.